Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I KEEP GETTIN MADE FUN OF!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Default I KEEP GETTIN MADE FUN OF!!!!!!!!!!!

at first when i bought my car i accepted it was fwd. it doesnt bother me anymore. but i keep hearing fwd is for ******. and fwd piece of ****. and why the hell would you buy a fwd. well its simple that 5.3l v-8. gotta love it. after a few months of owning it i showed a person who was giving me the most crap, waht is up. he owned a ford mustang gt. i gave hime one hell of a run. can you say owned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i bring this up because i was cleaning the interior last night and my brother had soem friends and they were giving me a hard time. its ANNOYING.

Old 10-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Default RE: I KEEP GETTIN MADE FUN OF!!!!!!!!!!!

[align=center]Hey `Adam,[/align][align=center]Not everyone has the knowledge to really appreciate[/align][align=center]the power of the Awesome Monte Carlo V8 SS.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Most just envy, and are jealous, or just plain ignorant : ) [/align][align=center]They belong to a different `space on planet earth.[/align][align=center]Just tell them to "Stay outa your `Space" : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center] [:-][/align][align=center]Hey Man, just cause I drive a `Furd, does`nt mean[/align][align=center]I`s `stupid....does `it ? [/align][align=center]
[hr]
[/align][align=center]"It really does not matter what others think of your Monte Carlo,[/align][align=center]but what matters most, is what you think of yourMonte Carlo"[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Flip them the #1 finger sign : ) & just smile [/align][align=center]Forgive them, for they do not know what they do, or[/align][align=center]really know what they are talking about : )

[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/DC6CDDC306BB47869DD48987B151077C.jpg[/IMG] [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I aint Stupid, am I ? [/align]

Old 10-05-2008, 04:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Adam. Not sure where your at in Illinois, but I'm 2 hours east of Chicago, in the lake effect snow belt from Lake Michigan. I myself wouldn't drive anything BUT a FWD in the winter! I call them "tail draggers". With good all season tires, and a MUCH lower center of gravity than ANY truck or SUV, I'll out drive anything out there! I see WAY too many SUVs on their roofs and off road. Just too top heavy, and just too heavy, PERIOD! Summer driving, that's different, but for winter, I'll take a good FWD ANYDAY!
I'm not making fun of your Monte. I think you made a GREAT choice for a daily driver! I've owned just about everything out there, including trucks and SUVs. I'll take my 315 hp Intimidator SS ANYDAY over ANY Rustang!

Old 10-05-2008, 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: RocknSS04

I'll take my 315 hp Intimidator SS ANYDAY over ANY Rustang!
ROFLAO!! Can I use that line?

I love my car in the snow. I don't have FWD but she doesn't hesitate. The first year I had her, there were 8 inches of snow, the city was shut down. I was out Christmas shopping. It was spectacular!! Dug me out, and away I went. Certainly didn't see any mustangs out.

~Jenna

Old 10-05-2008, 05:44 PM

Let them give you crap and just smile. I have owned fwd, rwd, awd, and 4wd and the monte is as good as any of them. I used to think that fwd cars sucked until I had my a$$ handed to me at the strip in las vegas by a 92 civic. I ran him in both my wrx and trans am. He beat both. He was running 10.5 on slicks and I was no where in his class racing. After the race he jacked the car up put the 18's on and drove home. Everyone has an opinion just smile and let them think they know what they are talking about.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:32 PM

yeah all i can do is smile and laugh when they are in my rearveiw mirror. they really ahve no idea what it is like to have one. i dont care what others think i care about how they are making a fool of them selves as they talk smak.... we will see what they say when i start to own sti's. that will come after i convince parental units that it would be worth it!!!

Old 10-05-2008, 07:50 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

ha, a friend (not really a friend, he calls me friend but i dont call him friend, long story), has an 02 V6 stang.. thought he could take me because he's slihgtly lighter and RWD... say that to my tail pipes.

here in the south you don't really need winter beaters except maybe once every 3 years? i like my car though.. i've come to accept it. put some loud exhuast on there and they'll be talking abotu that instead

Old 10-05-2008, 08:03 PM

yeah i got some magnaflows on it. they are very deep sounding. alot of times i will keep the stereo off just so i can listen to the awesome sound of it. i woudl like a cut out so if someone is annoying me i can open it up and turn on the subs and still hear my car!

Old 10-05-2008, 08:31 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I never wanted fwd, kinda wanted a camaro rly, just because its really fun to kick the tail out, but this is just as fast as any mustang, so im good.

Quick Reply: I KEEP GETTIN MADE FUN OF!!!!!!!!!!!