Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I just found out that I've been

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default I just found out that I've been

Driving without insurance for 16 days. My insurance company (very well known and reputable franchise) has dropped me on Feb 10th, 2015. I passed by my agent to add a feature to my home owners insurance and the agent informed me I been dropped due to an accident I had 6 years ago, SIX years ago I had an accident where the person who rear ended my Monte carlo at the time had cheap crapy insurance and his insurance company sued my insurance company stating that they paid out too much for repairs on my policy after repairs.

Well my insurance company figured all the lawyer fees they've paid outpast my premiums by 20% and that's their bottom line in insuring me for the amount I been paying for 6 years.

I filped out at my agent for not informing me sooner and in all honesty 6 years paying the highest premium on time and not receive a heads up from my agent is a low blow to me. It was so bad police was involved in forcing me to leave the office (no charges pressed).

Well I called 19 different insurance companies and compared quotes and decided on Safeco insurance and casualty. They cost a little more than my pervious company but are nearly identical to protecting me and my family (auto,home and life) combined.

Thanks a lot

STATE-FARM

Last edited by Habbibie; 02-26-2015 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:30 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Wow...that's not cool.
Now how will this affect what just recently happened to your Monte? Did you file a claim with your insurance for that??

Old 02-26-2015, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by P343
Wow...that's not cool.
Now how will this affect what just recently happened to your Monte? Did you file a claim with your insurance for that??

No I didn't, I don't have full coverage on the monte, only liability coverage. The M5 and my wife's 328XI are full coverage. Those cost more to repair than to Insure so it's smarter to insure them but Monte would cost an additional $360 on my premium to insure fully for 6 months yet the insurance company informed me prior that the highest payout for Monte is $3254 a year ago (I'm sure it's even lower now). But Barbra the amount of bad luck I've been having lately is unbelivible, one blow after another... 2015 so far blows @$$ to say the least.

Old 02-26-2015, 05:50 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Yes, it does seem that you have experienced one blow or another recently.
I am glad you were able to find insurance that was able to meet the needs for your family!!

Old 02-26-2015, 06:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow.. the hit's keep on comin', don't they Habbibie?

Old 02-26-2015, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Wow.. the hit's keep on comin', don't they Habbibie?
LoL I'm not changing my manality or attitude If that's what's your seeking....

Old 02-26-2015, 06:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck

Old 02-26-2015, 08:33 PM

Man that sucks.
If your state is anything like MD I'm sure the MVA is going to want a cut. Fees, for each day you were driving uninsured.
Best of luck, I've been in there, can't catch a break.

Last edited by Jomao_o; 02-26-2015 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 02-26-2015, 09:03 PM

No havnt heard of such thing in IL. Btw what does MVA stand fore? I'm assuming MV is motor vehicle buts the "A" got me confused.

In my opinion it's good all the bad luck/crap is happening now that will make the rest of the way an easy glide with the small stuff. Unless my house burns down (for God sake, knock on wood) then that would be picking bad luck to its limit outside of my family's well being health.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I had them back in the early 90s when I was stationed in Verginia. My wife at that time, had gotten her first ticket for running a red light. It actually turned red as she crossed the intersection as the light turned red. Anyway, I went a month with no insurance because I did not find out I was dropped until I got my monthly payment back in the mail. I had to go into the office to find out why the check was returned. That's when I found out. When I asked why I had not been informed prior to this. They said they were under no obligation to inform me of there decision. But they did inform the Naval Station after I talked with them. My base driving privileges were suspended until I acquired insurance again. That sucked because I lived on the opposite end of the base. 5 miles away from were my ship was docked.
Since then, I've stayed for away from this company that will drop you if you get caught sneezing behind the wheel!
They Suck-ith!

Quick Reply: I just found out that I've been