Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I just Can't Do It!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default I just Can't Do It!!!

Every time I go to fill up, I promise myself... "I will drive normal... no speeding... No acting the fool!"

Typically, I do well on the ride home. But I HATE, HATE, that I cannot lock my Cruise Control at 70-MPH without some fool pulling in front of me and then slow down to 60!!! GRRRRRR!!! What I hate even more, FOOLS getting into the #1 lane (Fast Lane) and then go 60-65MPH!!! GRRRRRR!!!!

So I try to be Good, and then one of those fools pull in front of me, and the first thing I do is get right up on their bumper and then drop it into 2nd Gear so that the car GROWLS at them... Then I jump lanes and nail it while in 2nd so the car ROARS LOUDLY pass them. Then because I jumped on it, and I heard that Sweet Growl, I drive like an idiot the rest of the way, just to hear that growl and roar. Cruising anywhere from 80 to 110MPH depending on traffic. I know if the shoe was on the other foot, and someone came screaming up my tailpipe, I would be like, "Screw You!, Asre!" But on the other hand... if I saw someone coming up on me hard, I would move over before they got on my bumper!!!

I promise you, I am a very calm and happy person 99% of the time, well that is, until I get behind the wheel, and then something comes over me, and I am a CRAZY MAN!!! It doesn't take much for me to go from chillin to MAD MAN either. Let me see another fast car, and I am not talking someone driving fast, but a fast car - Mustang, Challenger, BMW, Saab, etc... and I have to prove I have a faster and better handling car. Or... as described above, or another fool, acting a fool, and BAM... I guess I have to prove I'm a bigger Asre or Fool than they are...

I try everyday to be a careful, courteous, calm driver trying to get good gas mileage, and something sets me off! EVERYDAY I Try, and Everyday I end up being a FOOL!!!

I try and fool myself, saying, "You drive fast, but safely..." Which is crap... Because I scare someone everyday... Be it the old lady seeing me roaring up her butt at top speed, or slicing through traffic and the car in the next lane over isn't expecting me to jump, and even though I do it under full power to do it cleanly, all they see or hear is my car Roaring and jumping over unexpectly and they panic - needless, but they do it. I worry I am going to cause someone else to lose control of their vehicle because of my actions, and indirectly cause an accident... I rationally think this, but do it aways...

I need a shock collar wired to my throttle and gear shifter, so that every time I down shift and nail it, I recieve a shock to may be curve my crazy driving.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

BLACK ATTACK, you can do it, just do more bass fishing, you have a sweet car and you need to vent it out on others! you said in an earlier post from your days gone by, about a police officer not treating you very well and suffering a broken nose etc? it is in your blood to drive fast as with everyone with a badazz car!

Old 08-07-2009, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by BLACK ATTACK
I need a shock collar wired to my throttle and gear shifter, so that every time I down shift and nail it, I recieve a shock to may be curve my crazy driving.

lol I hear you.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Oh I have this problem to the MAX...I always fill up and think to myself..."ok i'm going to drive calm, and try to not once let the rpm's go over 3,000 on this tank" Yea fricken right....I can't help myself when I'm on open highway to just nail it and get it up to 100 or so...or when i'm getting on the highway with one of those on ramps that you KINDA need to sqeeze it to get up to speed, I take full advantage and floor it so I can get a 1st gear down shift and redline it all the way till it shifts to second, and i'm at my normal 80-90MPH cruising speed....This is why I have a radar detector.

And yea, I feel ya on showing up other jerks on the road. Someone cuts me off, I have to get in the next lane, floor it for a pass (occasionally wave a finger) and cut them off back...

Bottom line, I never keep it under 3K in an entire tank of gas...oh well, I like to think my car is always well blown out...LOL! :P

Old 08-08-2009, 12:10 AM

I can't do that on mine. I'm afraid something will break. I am so jealous of you boys...

Old 08-08-2009, 07:51 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I can fix the whole problem for you Criag. Place a brick under your accelerator, that way the car will only be able to accelerate so fast anyway. That should help your speeding problems as well.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:27 AM

LoL `Duane, great 2 C U online.
Good advice, but don't U think that Craig would
just end up throwing the brick @ one of the many
stupid driver's on the Road. LOL

It's great to see some of the old gang back & posting
4-Sure

..You Tell'em `Craig

above MCF Member

Above sign made by a Member : )

MCF Member's on assignment

Drive Safe/Peace/Out/LOL

Old 08-08-2009, 05:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Slow drivers kill people too.

The speed is addicting and when you have it, its hard not to use it. That kind of why I justified not modding my Monte - it started out more then fast enough to get me in trouble. Then I started reading these board and, well peer pressure is a m*th*f**ker. I'm probably going to die in this car one day.

I'm always quick to read a Craig thread. Always good reading, well told with great perspective.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Slow drivers kill people too.

The speed is addicting and when you have it, its hard not to use it. That kind of why I justified not modding my Monte - it started out more then fast enough to get me in trouble. Then I started reading these board and, well peer pressure is a m*th*f**ker. I'm probably going to die in this car one day.

I'm always quick to read a Craig thread. Always good reading, well told with great perspective.

I'm with ya Brent!

Slow drivers bug the crap out of me. I'm not asking people to go over the speed limit, but at least APPROACH IT!!! Driving 45 in a 55 zone IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! If you have no where to go, and lots of time to do it, good for you. But some of us would like to get where we're going some time this millenium. GET THE **** OUT OF MY WAY!

(There's that Tasmanian Devil personality coming out again. :p)

Old 08-09-2009, 12:29 AM

Taz I agree 100%. It's just that my car is very OLD.. that engine has been used and abused... I can't stick my foot THAT far up her ***...she'll just crap out on me!

Quick Reply: I just Can't Do It!!!