Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I have returneth... Bad news..

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 04:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: I have returneth... Bad news..

Sorry about the loss, been there done that.

Best news is that you and your family are doing fine.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:00 PM

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

Sorry about the loss, been there done that.

Best news is that you and your family are doing fine.
Indeed. The important thing is that everyone is OK. No matter how attached we get to them, cars can be replaced. Our loved-ones, on the other hand, cannot.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:12 PM

Yikes, a double hit! I'm so glad the family was safe.
I was t-boned Friday night at an intersection by a Yukon. The passenger sidewas crushed, but fortunately no one was riding but me. Broke my heart, but nothing else.
Somehow, I always knew a wreck would take Montegua away but I'm still getting over the shock and "what ifs".
I got the estimate today..approx. $16k; so likely this will be the end of my Monte adventure of a year and a half. I appreciate all of you being there with info when I needed it!
The hard part...finding another (less expensive) car..it'll never be the same as the Monte.

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/A...47/t_=57899747

Old 12-11-2007, 07:53 PM

Cars can be bought ans sold...Lives only missed. Glad to hear your family made it out ok. Get moving on that 4th gen, there fun!!

P.S. I meant there fun...when there not broken...like mine

Old 12-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

I'm glad to hear she protected your family so well and that they are ok.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:08 AM

Sorry to hear about the car, and glad to hear the important part of ur life is safe!

Makes me feel better, even if I don't have the side bags.

Question tho.. if only the mounts and radiator are gone.... how about the heads and intake? I've been thinking about a project with my 3.9....

Old 12-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome back Ian! [sm=welcomesign.gif]

Glad to hear you and your family are okay.
Also glad to hear that Krystal did her job keeping your family safe. The same way you keep our country safe.
It seems your faith in the car's safety systems were well placed. I'd say Krystal died an very honourable death. Protecting your family.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Taz

Welcome back Ian! [sm=welcomesign.gif]

Glad to hear you and your family are okay.
Also glad to hear that Krystal did her job keeping your family safe. The same way you keep our country safe.
It seems your faith in the car's safety systems were well placed. I'd say Krystal died an very honourable death. Protecting your family.

I don't know of a delicate way to put this, but I'll try. Let me start by saying that I wouldn't wish a serious car accident on my worst enemy, let alone a friend. Having said that, a real-life crash is the only way to know, with certainty, how a particular car is going to hold up. I learned a long time ago that we cannot believe anything the federal government says about ANYTHING, and that includes vehicle safety ratings. Therefore, what is"true", IMHO,is what we see with our own eyes - in real life.

It's too bad that Krystal is going to thebone yard...undoubtedly, she was awonderful car. Nevertheless, shedemonstratedto us all that the Monte Carlo isindeed a safevehicle, and one that will protect its occupants in the event of a serious crash.

Krystal did good, and now we can all feel a little bit safer in our vehicle of choice.

Good job, Krystal - rest easy, old girl.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:42 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Very well said gale155. Because of Krystal, I do feel a bit safer.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:07 PM

Hyperfox,
First off, I am glad to hear that your family is OK after that horrible accident. I have had a few car accidents in my life, but have never had a car written off. It is a testament to the build quality of the Monte Carlo that She could get hit by a truck of that size, (and a wee honda) and have no major injuries as a result. Makes me glad that I traded my mazda in on such a fine Automobile!
Take care and God Bless!

p.s. good luck in your search for a new Monte!

Quick Reply: I have returneth... Bad news..