Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I have returneth... Bad news..

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Default I have returneth... Bad news..

Its been a while! I am back.. Where I was, I'm not at liberty to say. All I can say it's cookin there.

Feels good to have snow between my feet now. I made it back again. Hopefully that was my last time..

Unfortunately, I have some unfortunate news.

Krystal was T-boned and front ended at an intersection last week by a Dodge ram and a Honda civic.

Sorry, but I dont have pics. Kinda hard when it happens a few thousand ks from home.

Wife went to make a left turn and the Ram slid through the red into the drivers door where it met the front of the Honda that was incoming.

Side airbags went off protecting my wife from a dodge grill and the frontal air bags went off as well when the civic hit the OPP say. The wife and kids hopped out of the passengers side unscathed.

The driver of the ram was fined for Failure to obey a signal and hopefully his insurance does him justice.

Krystal gave her all so my wife and kids could have theirs. She did well and will forever be remembered. Rest in peace Krystal.

All is not lost my friends, for this is just the beginning, as I have another trick up my sleeve.... I'm on the hunt for an 86...

In the Meantime, Maggie will carry the torch, until Krystal is reborn.

Rest in peace Krystal. You will always be remembered.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:03 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: I have returneth... Bad news..

NO!!!!!!! You must stay with us hyperfox.... you were missed, but we don't want ot keep missing you.... hope your monte can have the breath of life restored by a nearby body shop... or maybe you can cristen another Monte as Krystal II

Old 12-10-2007, 08:48 PM

Oh Im stayin.. Just like space. It isnt the end of me.. BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

As for Krystal, Insurance has written her off as salvage. Front end is done, rad is pushed into the engine, engine mounts are broken, rad support is broken, engine cradle is snapped, axle is shoved into the tranny, engine block has snapped at transmission mounts, air bags x4, Windshield, drivers windows, drivers door, rear quarter panel... Long story short. Its the end of the road for her.. The good ones die young. Its not a total loss. I still keep the ingition key on my key chain for luck.

Krystal II is going to be an 80's Monte I believe. Since I has my 86 olds cutlass with the 5.0 V8, Ive always wanted another. But perhaps and 86, frame and shell, and I haven't decided on its power train. My dream is a white 86 SS, with a 350 4 brl, and a nice 4 on the floor. It shouldn't be hard to find. Ill keep you updated. And ooooh man.. Do I have plans..

Its true what they say tho..

Creations inspiration evolves from loss.

For right now, Mag (Short for Maggie) will do the duties. Yes I know.. It is a Dodge.. We looked at the uplander and really.. Just weren't impressed. My old Pontiac Montana still leaves a bad taste if ya know what I mean. Still have the window sticker. I guess its not really a bad thing.. Really with 2 kids, its hard with just a monte alone..

Old 12-10-2007, 09:07 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

alright man... looking forward to eharing about the chrisening of Krystal the II

Old 12-10-2007, 11:15 PM

You have a surprisingly good attitude about losing your car like that. I'm sorry for your misfortune and very happy to learn that your loved-ones are not injured. I hope it doesn't take too long to find a replacement for your Monte passion. My guess is that there is a lot of energy which dwells within you looking for a creative form of release. Maybe that Monte you need will come along soon ... even if it doesn't ... stay home, here ... and help out the new guys who just latched-on to their first Monte figure a few thing out!

Peace to you and loved ones.
Find a new Monte, quick.
Best wishes from one of the new guys here.

Rick Massey
04 Monte Carlo

Old 12-11-2007, 12:12 AM

Damn Ian,

That really sucks. Sorry to hear about Krystal, but she did her people right when it really mattered. Glad all are OK, and I'm glad you came back from wherever it was you went all in one piece, too. Thank God and GM that they make Monte's as well as they do. Don't worry, you'll find what you are looking for in a different MC,I'm sure of it.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:06 AM

Hi `Ian,
WoW-Wee......, Sorry about the lose of your Monte [X(]
Cars can be replaced, family/love ones can not.
It was sad to read about the accident, but I was happy to read that no one
was seriously injured.
I've really missed seeing you on the forum, and I sure hope life gets better
for you and yours. I have a deposit now on a 86SS, and I'm waiting for
the Probate Court to release the title to it : ) Lots of Red Tape : (
Please keep us informed on your travels, on your life.
Ian, I wish you and family the best,
and I hope that you are home for the holidays, no forever : ).
It's great to see you back....EnJoy your `Journey's,
`Space

Old 12-11-2007, 09:17 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm sooo sorry to here about your loss. I am so glad your family is OK.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:37 PM

Thanks all for the concern

Rick, Its mostly because Ive accepted the fact that there is nothing I can do but adapt and overcome. Spit happens, eh?

Mad, Im really likin the 86 models right about now. I just have ta find one.

Spacy, It is good to be back, thats for damn sure. And by the looks of things right now that will be my last time. So far it looks like the canadian contingent over there is not extending the mission past 09.. But This could change in a heartbeat.

Old 12-11-2007, 02:32 PM

that is one of the many things i really like monte...i feel safe...its good to know that everyone is safe, my last concern would b for the car, some things r just more important

Quick Reply: I have returneth... Bad news..