Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I have a question

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 06:07 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default I have a question

This might sound off but i'm serious. Does anyone know of any legitiment ways to make money at home on the computer? I could really use the extra money and another physical job would probably kill me. Even ideas of selling stuff online. I can't think of anything i'd be able to flip a profit on. Like in high school i bought and sold soda and made money that way

Last edited by Leprechaun93; 02-21-2013 at 07:19 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If it were really easy, everyone would already be doing it.

Do you have any skills that people can benefit from? Can you figure out a way to telecommunicate that skill?

Example, I have a design degree. I can easily work at home because I can freelance.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Keane...
I have heard that you can stuff envelopes...

Like shoppers Guide....

Shoppers guide is an envelope full of different advertisements and coupons...
I hear they will drop it off to your house before they have to go in the mail...
end up stuffing the envelopes at home... and they pick them up from your door! But I have no idea how to get in contact with them....

Years ago, I had some friends that worked for a plastics factory at home..
They assembled AC vents! (automotive) and every couple of days theyd pickup the ones they finished/ and dropped off more supplies!

So, you may have to do some leg work to make it happen.. but there are possibilitys out there!
Good Luck!

Old 02-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Keane, I have to agree with Mike. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

I can tell you what doesn't make money. Moderating or administrating an internet forum.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz

I can tell you what doesn't make money. Moderating or administrating an internet forum.
You mean MONTE BUCKS aren't a real thing?!

Old 02-21-2013, 03:00 PM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz

LOU:

You cant put a price on Friendships!

Old 02-21-2013, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member

Lou i'm aware of that one I've administered and moderated forums in the past. And yes i realize if it were that easy everyone would do it. I learned alot of computer repair stuff in high school and i've been looking around for anything like that. I think tommorow i'm gonna cruise through actual jobs too.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Not intending to hijack your thread. But, I took electronics repair in college (mid 1990's). Because at the time, it was still a good field to get into. But now electronics have become throw-away technology, and there is no more job market for electronics repair. Not like it used to be, anyway.

I've started advising people going into college now, to take a serious look at the likely future of any particular field they're considering getting into.

Like health care. People will always need health care workers. But with technology fields it's different. Technology changes so much, so fast. I strongly advise people to consider the fact that what's hot now, will most likely not exist anymore 10-15 years from now. Then you end up back in school re-training in another field. As an adult this time around, with a family and a mortgage.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:38 PM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Not intending to hijack your thread. But, I took electronics repair in college (mid 1990's). Because at the time, it was still a good field to get into. But now electronics have become throw-away technology, and there is no more job market for electronics repair. Not like it used to be, anyway.

I've started advising people going into college now, to take a serious look at the likely future of any particular field they're considering getting into.

Like health care. People will always need health care workers. But with technology fields it's different. Technology changes so much, so fast. I strongly advise people to consider the fact that what's hot now, will most likely not exist anymore 10-15 years from now. Then you end up back in school re-training in another field. As an adult this time around, with a family and a mortgage.
Good Point!

Thanks Lou!

Old 02-21-2013, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member

Good point Lou, but im.figuring technology is always going to be with us and will always.need repair. Hopefully i Wont be in repair for ever.

Quick Reply: I have a question