Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

i HATE a rigged car show

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Photobucket
Default i HATE a rigged car show

go figure i goto a car show this weekend at a church for a good cause and the flipping thing was rigged. first off there were only 2 classes, everything b4 1980 and everything after. now on to my main gripe. anyone ever just walk by a random car at a parking lot? well thats how the judge did my car just walked past it didnt even stop walking and judged me 1/5 on interior, engine, paint quality, creativity, and overall. FECKEN 1/5 ON EVERYTHING AND HE DIDNT EVEN STOP WALKING TO LOOK AT MY CAR!?!!?!?!?!?!?

but anyway u gotta figure there was fully restored corvette split window coupes and imapalas ect.. and award for best chevy in show goes to ............A FULLY STOCK 2000 CAMARO DRIVEN BY THE PASTORS SON!!!!

i swear to god im so peeved off i could scream, all that time and all that effort and all that money to goto a car show and i get *** shafted like this? yeah im gonna spread the word bout this plact on every car site im on and crash this party like now

Old 09-02-2007, 01:46 PM
Default RE: i HATE a rigged car show

Lost 2 the Bastor's Son
The Power of Pray
`Amen
[:-]
`Chris, you sound like a bomb look'in for a place
togo `off....
You got to learn to chill out
[align=center][/align][align=center]It doesn't really matter what others think[/align][align=center]of your Monte Carlo, it's what you think of it.[/align][align=center]If you believe it's a Winner, then it's a Winner.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Wish everyone Peace/Happiness[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 09-02-2007, 02:14 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

yeah, cool off a little... its all in the name of fun anyway. heck thats not as bad as this raffle that goes on in central florida around Auburndale? i think near orlando. every year they raffle off a brand new cadillac. every year the catholic priest buys 1 ticket. every year the priest wins a new cadillac... count your blessings

Old 09-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Photobucket

ya know im not the only 1 peeved off, the ENTIRE group of people with their cars in the show gave this punk kid a standing BOO when his name got called, and as far as fun i dont care that i lost in my class, soon as i heard that id be in the 1980-2007 class i knew i was boned. even here my gen monte isnt all that. but when this punkass kid won the "best chevrolet" award it was just bull, hell he didnt even bother washin his car b4 he arrived, dirt and rocks all inside, wheels black from brake dust, tires brown with dirt, car covered in whatever and he won. and then the judge not even f*n looking at my car and giving me all 1/5's oh hell no thats just bs beyond all meaning of the word

Old 09-03-2007, 01:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Buck up my friend, it's only a lost battle.

You can still win the war.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Photobucket

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

Buck up my friend, it's only a lost battle.

You can still win the war.

thast true GPD all i need is some soldiers to help me battle

Old 09-03-2007, 07:10 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Chris,
Please cool down. I know exactly how you feel. I've been in these shoes myself. You want to rip someone's head off and spit down their necks.

There will be other shows. Just remember to NOT go to this one again.

Heck a friend of mine with a bright red, blown big block powered '32 Furd lost to a mid-60s Buick with primer on both quarters. But the Buick owner just happened to be good friends with the people who put the show on.
(GO FIGURE!!)

Old 09-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Photobucket

well im gettin even not so much mad anymore, the local paper there is runnin a story on it, gotten a load of clubs in the area gonna sprad the word on it, not to mention i know noone there this year will return because of it. but yeah come hell or high water its goin down lol

Old 09-03-2007, 07:35 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

don't get mad, get even

thats what my daddy taught me...

Old 09-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I know how you feel. Most people have been on the losing end of a pre-determined contest. If you go off like a screaming lunatic, people won't want to listen to you. They'll just call you a sore loser and discard what ever you have to say. The saying, "You catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar." applies here. Yes, the way you and the others lost, blows. Spread the word calmly about what happened. If the others are unhappy about the event, they'll spread it around also. Hopefully, the people responsible for the event will get the message and make it a fair contest next time. That is, if there even is a next time. Keep in mind criticizing a charity event doesn't look good. Even if you aren't wrong.

Quick Reply: i HATE a rigged car show