Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I hate People.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 08:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default I hate People.

I keep my cars away from everyone in my apartment complex for obvious reasons (I don't want dings and scratches)

Last night I took the trash out and noticed that my trunk-lid had a bunch of scratching on it

It was late and I couldn't work on it, or look at it very well, so I was just pissed off all night. Didn't sleep very well.

Woke up extra early this morning so that I could compound, polish, and wax the scratches and pray that they went away. Nothing like a little 6am paint correction to start your day

Luckily I was able to get everything removed

I guess I'll have to find a different place to store the Monte...

Old 07-31-2012, 08:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Glad everything got fixed!
i live in an apartment complex too!
last year someone shot out windows with a bb gun in our parking lot.
Car to my right and left got hit, them left mine alone thank god!

Some people have zero respect for other people. its sad

Old 07-31-2012, 08:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That sucks that people do that crap. Probably stupid kids with no respect. Glad you got it straightened out to your satisfaction.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:56 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

That sucks Mike. Looks kinda like someone used your Monte's trunk lid as a shelf to put their crap on.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:09 AM

I know how incredibly frustrating that is, Mike. Similar experience last year with my daughter's car at school.

Since it sounds like you drive the Camero most days, have you considered buying a cover for the Monte? You can get a decent one (waterproof, breathable, multiple layers) for about $150 - $200. I realize a cover doesn't totally prevent this kind of damage, but it would help. And it slows down damage / deterioration from the elements as well. Just a thought...

Old 07-31-2012, 09:10 AM

...Mike, sorry that it happened, but it could've been a lot worse I don't like people that have no respect in life for themselves or other people or their property...

I think they should be confined & their freedom taken away until they are retaught or re-programed 4-Sure...

It would be great to catch them & make them pay or do the same thing to the things that they love , but the problem is that people like this don't have anything of value & they seem to envy those that do have nice things & have worked hard to obtain them...

It's great that you talent & early morning work removed those scratches Don't let a few a-holes make you hate `all 4-Sure...If you `do, you will miss out on the GOOD

Wish you a Good/Safe place to PARK..(Is there one?) anywhere ? (Locked garge with security/dogs/alarm/bombs) ~>

Old 07-31-2012, 09:15 AM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Sparky-88
Since it sounds like you drive the Camero most days, have you considered buying a cover for the Monte?
I actually started thinking about it last night because of this.

I feel like someone was using my trunk as a resting spot for their purse, that's honestly the only thing I can think of that could make those scratches?

I know some people have GREAT custom fit car-covers for their Montes.

I would love to know what brand and what kind. I think it's time I invest in a cover. It is true... I only take the Monte on really hot days so it's not sitting in the heat, the cover can help that. I usually just drive it on nice days now so it can even stay really clean. I know car covers can cause scratching so I never got one, but if it's only coming off and going on a clean car... maybe it is time?

Either way, what does everyone use? I can use some input

Old 07-31-2012, 09:27 AM

1. http://www.autoanything.com/car-covers/20A10004A1.aspx<~ Click
  2. Outdoor Car Covers - 3650+ Reviews on Best Outdoor Car Covers ...

3. <CITE>www.autoanything.com/car-covers/20A10004A1.aspx</CITE>Cached - Similar
  4. Rating: 4.5 - 3650 reviews
  5. Products 1 - 15 of 20 – We carry all sorts of outdoor car covers from top name brands like ... Read 3650 outdoor car covers reviews, with an average rating of 4.50 ...
  6. Car Cover Rating System <~ Great Infor on Ratings 4-Sure

Mod Mike, above links have some great infor...Yes, car covers are great `if you are putting them on a clean car..Don't put them on if car is dirty 4-Sure...Good Luck

Last edited by Space; 07-31-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:35 AM

15 Year Member

Thanks Space. I got some research to do. I'll probably buy something next week with my paycheck after Hershey

Old 07-31-2012, 09:39 AM

As long as you're careful how you take the cover on and off you won't scratch anything. A guy up the street used to have an 07 SS and an 01 SS - the 07 would sit out and he'd put a cover over it, with a gallon jug of water on the front and back to keep it from blowing up at night. I can ask him what brand next time I see him - it was a nice fitted one.

Quick Reply: I hate People.