Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I HATE ILLINOIS

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default I HATE ILLINOIS

So just took my car in to get new tires. so in the mean time i was driving my brothers grind prix se wich has tinted windows on the front doors wich for those of you that live in The great state of illinois know is illegal. i will let you guess what happens next thats right a STATE COP[sm=icon_flaming.gif] pulls me over and i was not speeding or anything so i was like whats wrong and he told me to roll up my window and he goes that is whats wrong.[sm=boosign.gif] 75$ ticket to say the least i was mad and to make things worse the ticket does not even go to the car it goes to the driver. so no more tinted windows in the front of the monte that i was going to do.I HATE ILLINOIS.

Old 09-25-2006, 11:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
Default RE: I HATE ILLINOIS

Ditto in Michigan. I got $60 and 3 points!

Old 09-26-2006, 01:17 AM

Also if i get another ticket like this than it could be considered a mistamenor (p.s. i am a bad speller) with a penalty up to time in jail and loss of your driver license. and the cop told me that this one of the penalties that can not be removed from your record.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:55 PM

i actually had a cop pull me over when i went to indianapplis for the same thing and i was like im from texas leave me alone

Old 09-27-2006, 09:52 PM

When you get your windows tinted, the shop should warn you. When I got mine done on my Camaro (when I lived in IL), they told me I was probably going to get bothered by the cops for it. I got 20% on the sides and never got stopped for it.

Old 09-28-2006, 09:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

lol, I don't mean to make fun your situation, but I was thiking of stories I've heard out of Cali where cops have made the person sit there curb-side and try to remove the tint while he waited. That guy must have made that cop real pissed.

Old 09-28-2006, 10:49 PM

I had 5% all the way around on my '03 Cavalier. When I went to L.A. a cop told me that I will get a ticket for my tint, but I told him I lived in vegas (as you can see by the plates) and he left me alone.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

usually it doesn't matter where you live...its where you are when the cop pulls you over if they're in a really bad mood

plus if a cops pulling you over for tint he's already gotta be in a really bad mood, most of them dont bother people up here for them..there's more important stuff to be gettin people for than their tint

Old 09-29-2006, 07:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Bigg J

I had 5% all the way around on my '03 Cavalier. When I went to L.A. a cop told me that I will get a ticket for my tint, but I told him I lived in vegas (as you can see by the plates) and he left me alone.

They always leave my friends alone that come in from Arizona. A lot of those guys drive around with limo tint all the way around.

Old 09-29-2006, 07:37 PM

I live In Mo. And its illegal here too. talk about odd. . .I have my windows tinted 5% in back and two small windows and 20% on the door side windows and when I got pulled over for no front license plate because I have the cover, he even looked at it and didn't say a thing. The second time I got pulled over for no license plate the private lake cop told me my chevy symbol was illegal on the back window. But he never said a word about my 5% window tint. So I asked him why it was illegal. . . .haha, he said because it obstructing my view out the back window. . .so by this time i was pissed and I said "officer, look. . .Its not obstructing my view. . .I saw YOU pull me over didn't I?" Yeah, he was pissed. . .and just told me to get a license plate and walked back to his car. Never a word about how dark it was. Crazy police. . .

MonteriderLS

Quick Reply: I HATE ILLINOIS