Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I did some Elk Hunting in Estes Park recently see my photo's and video

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 10:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool I did some Elk Hunting in Estes Park recently see my photo's and video

I did some Elk Hunting in Estes Park, CO,( only with my Camera) recently see my photo's and video.
We took a little trip to Colorado to "Estes Park" and the Rocky Mountain National Park. Then down to Colorado Springs to see my daughter and her family.
Facebook Post

Attached Thumbnails I did some Elk Hunting in Estes Park recently see my photo's and video-img_4130.jpg   I did some Elk Hunting in Estes Park recently see my photo's and video-img_4255.jpg   I did some Elk Hunting in Estes Park recently see my photo's and video-img_4264.jpg   I did some Elk Hunting in Estes Park recently see my photo's and video-img_4280.jpg   I did some Elk Hunting in Estes Park recently see my photo's and video-img_4294.jpg  

I did some Elk Hunting in Estes Park recently see my photo's and video-img_4296.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 10-22-2017 at 10:46 AM.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Awesome shots...makes me want to grab my rifle.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:43 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by GTHSS
Awesome shots...makes me want to grab my rifle.
Thanks that was my thought as well but the best trophies are in the Camera.
Here are a few of a different group or herd at another location, the Bull is chasing one of the cows here.

Attached Thumbnails I did some Elk Hunting in Estes Park recently see my photo's and video-img_4219.jpg   I did some Elk Hunting in Estes Park recently see my photo's and video-img_4221.jpg   I did some Elk Hunting in Estes Park recently see my photo's and video-img_4225.jpg   I did some Elk Hunting in Estes Park recently see my photo's and video-img_4228.jpg   I did some Elk Hunting in Estes Park recently see my photo's and video-img_4223a.jpg  

I did some Elk Hunting in Estes Park recently see my photo's and video-img_4227a.jpg   I did some Elk Hunting in Estes Park recently see my photo's and video-img_4229a.jpg   I did some Elk Hunting in Estes Park recently see my photo's and video-img_4231a.jpg  
Old 10-23-2017, 10:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Very nice, awesome how you were in such a place where they are relatively docile, made for some great memories. Was your wife able to be with you? Amazing how large they are, fortunate one did not try to get a ride on your roof.

Is this place close to your home or are you out of state again?

I too choose to hunt with a lense, have not killed anything for a very long time now. I am a meat eater not some vegan freak. I'm always amazed at the vegans or other picky eaters. I have told more than one the only reason you are a vegan is because you can afford to be as we live like kings in the U.S.. Turn the tables and you are now living in Somalia where there is not a supermarket every 5 blocks you would greedily be eating meat, everyday it was available which might be once a week. A dentist I worked for would do volunteer work in India, he told me how people would insert a metal coat hanger into a mouse's butt and roast it. Now that is hungry, not some obese western not really hungry clown.

Old 10-24-2017, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
Smile I have Retired now!!

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Very nice, awesome how you were in such a place where they are relatively docile, made for some great memories. Was your wife able to be with you? Amazing how large they are, fortunate one did not try to get a ride on your roof.

Is this place close to your home or are you out of state again?

I too choose to hunt with a lense, have not killed anything for a very long time now. I am a meat eater not some vegan freak. I'm always amazed at the vegans or other picky eaters. I have told more than one the only reason you are a vegan is because you can afford to be as we live like kings in the U.S.. Turn the tables and you are now living in Somalia where there is not a supermarket every 5 blocks you would greedily be eating meat, everyday it was available which might be once a week. A dentist I worked for would do volunteer work in India, he told me how people would insert a metal coat hanger into a mouse's butt and roast it. Now that is hungry, not some obese western not really hungry clown.

I have Retired now!!
They wanted me to go to Texas and I would have been staying in a Tent like on Mash 4077 and ride a bus cause there were no Rental Cars. No talk of immunizations for being in a flood zone where the disease is off the scale. So I have been wanting to retire since May of this year. So this was a good time to do it. We just lost a friend that didn't want to retire was going to wait for SS at 70 he was 68 died on Sunday probably got 2 or 3 months of Soc. Sec. and that is it.

The Elk shots were taken in Estes Park, Colorado. right in the city limits, we drove into Rocky Mountain National Park and saw a few wild Animals but the Elk were in town.
Yes, Mrs. Bickerson was along. She may have gotten some good photo's too............had she brought her Broom to ride not sure she could fly her broom and take pictures too. lol
Then we went to Colorado Springs to see my daughter.
Plus it's Soccer season too.
So my grandkids were playing soccer in Denver. Got to see that too.

Attached Thumbnails I did some Elk Hunting in Estes Park recently see my photo's and video-img_4304.jpg   I did some Elk Hunting in Estes Park recently see my photo's and video-img_4180.jpg   I did some Elk Hunting in Estes Park recently see my photo's and video-img_4349.jpg   I did some Elk Hunting in Estes Park recently see my photo's and video-img_4205.jpg