Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I Cried Yesterday.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 08:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member
Default I Cried Yesterday.

Lisa and i went to see a Bumble Bee edition Camaro yesterday. We both left with tears in our eyes. They might have brought back the name and looks from the 68-69, but they left out the soul of what it meant to be a Camaro.

The outside looks nice, but it did have alot of orange peel. But what really disappointed was the interior. It may look great on pics, but once in person, it was terrible. The seats are uncomfortable and i hit my head getting in AND out of the car. Once inside, all didn't feel like you were in a Camaro. It just felt like any other car. It felt cheep. But what really threw over the edge was when i wanted to move the steering wheel up, it wasn't a tilt, it was just a lever to move the whole column up. Just like a Honda.

When the salesman came out to talk to me, we were starting to get into our car. He asked me if i liked it and i said "NO". He was shocked for a min and then asked me why. I told him that it was a very poor representaion of what the car was and i was saddend by the whole experience. He looked at me as said that people are chomping at the bit to buy this car. I turned to him and said "Is that why this car has been sitting in your lot for almost 2 months and hasnt been sold yet"? He just dropped his head and walked back.

We drove off the lot and felt right at home on our MC. Even my son said that he was glad that he is getting my 5th Gen cause he didnt like the Camaro.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:24 AM
Unhappy Another Sad ReView : (

J.J., it's a very sad review , but I've read many bad reviews on the web about the quality of the new Camaro : (
I hope that Member J.R. post his review of his 2010 Camaro when he gets his. I also hope that GM wakes `up & knows that it has to have quality control `if they are to stay in business 4-Sure. Thanks for posting your thoughts/opinions.
Chevy to launch limited edition Bumblebee Camaro?

by Jeremy Korzeniewski on May 20th 2009 at 7:00PM

2010 Chevrolet Camaro as Bumblebee - Click above for a high-res image gallery

Diehard Transformers fans take note: Chevrolet is reportedly planning to launch a limited edition Bumblebee Camaro to capitalize on the upcoming flick, Revenge of the Fallen. We're sure none of you saw that coming, right? The car, available with either V6 or V8 power, will be available for order June 1 and the first cars are scheduled to roll down the assembly line on the 24th of that month, which, not coincidentally, is the same day the movie is scheduled for released in the U.S.

Unfortunately, we don't have any images of the new Bumblebee package to show off or pricing information, but rumor has it that the car will be painted up in the same Rally Yellow that's available on other Camaros – importantly, that's not the darker color that's featured in the movies – set off by black racing stripes, of course. To help set the Bumblebee edition apart from its siblings, GM will equip the car with Transformers badging on the wheel centers and sill plates along with an embroidered emblem on the console inside. Thanks for the tip, Jay!

Gallery: Bumblebee from Transformers 2

Old 06-20-2009, 04:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I agree with you JJ, the quality just isn't there. The paint is worse than the 6th gen Monte's off the same production line. They just can't lay down paint up there in Oshawa. It's not just the orange peel, but I've seen an orange and a yellow one with different shades of paint on the panels. And I agree the interior is cheap. Alex and Joe from JPMCoachworks, my interior guys, have a saying "Vinyl is for siding, NOT for interiors!"

Old 06-21-2009, 01:06 AM
rj
15 Year Member

I have to agree.

The spirit that made Camaro a car to own just isn't in the new versions.

Sure it's a nice car. Would I own one? Maybe?

Would I sell my Monte Carlo to own one? NO WAY!!!!!

Old 06-21-2009, 08:49 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

That's too bad. If they don't fix the Camaro in a couple of years (when I am ready to buy a new muscle car), I think I might have to get the Challenger.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:26 AM

5 Year Member

Speaking of Challenger, Lisa and i sat in one yesterday.

This was me cause i had to leave and get some stuff done.

I didnt want to get out of the car. I LOVED IT!!

I have to keep repeating to myself...

Monte Carlo. Monte Carlo, Monte Carlo,....

Old 06-21-2009, 01:06 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by AwsomeSS
That's too bad. If they don't fix the Camaro in a couple of years (when I am ready to buy a new muscle car), I think I might have to get the Challenger.
Looks like the guy up the road from me got rid of his '00-05 maroon SS Monte for a new maroon Challenger.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Ya'll fall off a turnip truck....

In comparison to The Challenger, and GT Mustang, the Camaro BLOW THEM OUT OF THE WATER! And just about every car magazine agrees!

The leather and fit is as good as the Cadillac CTS-V and that s world class the best! It is CLEAR ya'll have not driven the car, nor have you sat in it fully adjusted to you... and that Orange Peel is actually fibers in the clear coat to enhance its ability to resist stone chips and scratches! Don't like it, it only a 3000 grit wet sand away to get that flat reflection you miss so much, but you weaken the clear coats ability to resist scratches...

We sell the most so far, and every car we have is sold, and when something comes up that the buyer passes (laidoff, etc.), none has lasted longer than two-hours before another person buys it...

Cheap... If the Camaro interior is cheap, than you must be driving a Rolls Royce, cause the Camaro simply blows most luxury cars away with its quality of leather, and it fit and function!!!

Old 06-22-2009, 07:01 AM

5 Year Member

Thats just it. I dont listen to ANY of the mags. In fact, i dont even read them cause i have found over the years that they tell you what THEY want you to believe. I am my own person with my own thoughts.

Like i said. I sat in one. I was not impressed. To be honest, I was more comfortable in my own car then the Camaro.

Originally Posted by BLACK ATTACK
Ya'll fall off a turnip truck....
I didnt fall off the turnip truck. I jumped for my life. If me having my own thoughts means that i "Fell off a turnip truck", then i would rather be walking then riding with a bunch of turnips.

Last edited by The Popcorn King; 06-22-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:29 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I feel like me and black attack are the only ones that are TRULY impressed with the camaro inside and out. Though I have not been able to actually take one on the road, I have seen them in person / pulled up next to one on the streets / sat and played inside of one. I do enjoy it, and I still would love to have one.

Quick Reply: I Cried Yesterday.