Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I crashed my Monte

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 05:47 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default I crashed my Monte

Hello everyone, last night I got in a bit of trouble. I was out driving on a backroad near my house that has a lot of curves and is generally a fun road to drive on. I was driving a little fast because there were a couple people I was trying to impress and none the less I feel very stupid for it now. I took a blind curve going too fast and as I was exiting the curve, I was in the middle of the road when I saw a car in the other lane coming towards me and another on the right side of me on an intersection. I panicked when I saw the car and swerved hard to avoid it, but I over-corrected after I swerved and I lost control. I kept my car under enough of a controlled slide to avoid the two cars that were there and I put my car in the ditch. My car was airborne and flew about 30 feet into the steep ditch, then slid another 50 feet before coming to a stop about 10 feet before a drainage culvert. The 3 passengers and I were very fortunate that we all had our seatbelts on and none of us were hurt, but I don't know how well the Monte is. We opened up the hood and nothing seemed to be broken in the engine from what we could see, and the body seemed fine. It was towed away to a collision center after the sheriff showed up and I haven't seen it yet to look it over. I feel very lucky that I didn't hit another car and that none of us in the car were hurt. I definitely won't be driving like an idiot like that again.

Old 06-02-2013, 05:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

its ok when im wit my lady sometime i drive like fast and the furious....no bueno

Old 06-02-2013, 07:04 PM

Sorry to read about your incident > but happy that U & friends are OK.
Did U get cited (ticket) 4 the accident ?

I think just bout everyone has done stupid things while driving Ii sure have 4sure) & some lesson are more expensive then others.

Keep us updated & I hope that you don't have any major/expensive damage to your monte carlo.

Thanks for sharing & being honest bout your error in judgement..I could fill many pages with mine (lol)

We live & hopefully we learn from the mistakes we make..
Be safe out there...Peace from BeachBum'Mike

Old 06-02-2013, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by SpaceRider
Sorry to read about your incident > but happy that U & friends are OK.
Did U get cited (ticket) 4 the accident ?

I think just bout everyone has done stupid things while driving Ii sure have 4sure) & some lesson are more expensive then others.

Keep us updated & I hope that you don't have any major/expensive damage to your monte carlo.

Thanks for sharing & being honest bout your error in judgement..I could fill many pages with mine (lol)

We live & hopefully we learn from the mistakes we make..
Be safe out there...Peace from BeachBum'Mike
Thank you Mike. Yes I got a $200 ticket for Failure to Maintain Control, but I did not get one for my speed because I was honest with him. I hope that there isn't much damage that was done. I went in the ditch probably the best way that I could, which was straight and level in so hopefully I didn't do too much to it.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:16 PM

The car isn't totalled or anything like that right?

Old 06-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

good no one was hurt live and learn. Glad you where able to write about it. I have done stupid things in the Deuce too (racing a Mustang GT @ 140 MPH) will never do that again

Be carefull out there

Old 06-02-2013, 08:26 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Was the ground hard or soft? If soft you may have lucked out?

I was out in my '86 LS a few weeks ago one friday night. Some jerk was driving behind me with his brights on. Which irritates me to no end. I was trying to evade his lights and hit a curve very sharp. Carlo (my car's name) went in to a slide. I got him stopped before he left the road but it still startled me I was going fast enough to get him in that situation.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:26 PM

Well I don't know for sure, but I don't think that it is totalled. The ground was soft because it's been raining a lot lately so I hope that it might just be some suspension issues. I will find out more tomorrow when I pick it up after work. I definitely learned my lesson and I won't be doing it again!

Old 06-03-2013, 10:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

My Question Jordan is. DID YOU impress them ?

Old 06-03-2013, 07:14 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Good luck with the car.

Quick Reply: I crashed my Monte