Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I cheated on my girl ... (sigh)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member1 Year Member
Default I cheated on my girl ... (sigh)

I bet this wasn't what you were expecting, but I cheated on the Monte Carlo with a truck the other day.

My girl ... lol

The one night stand ... ha!

While my car was in the shop, I was given a rental car or shall I say truck. I was given the keys to a 2007 Dodge Dakota SLT 4.7L V8. At first, I was like I don't want to drive this thing, I just want my Monte Carlo fixed in a hurry. I was more fustrated at the repair shop, but I knew I needed a car for the time being. Anyhow, I signed the paperwork, received the keys, and I proceeded towards the truck to leave. I entered the truck, I turned the key in the Dodge and was pleased to hear the rumble of the V8 engine. I drove out of the lot and on my way back home it was the most exciting experience ever. I've never driven a truck before, but I was rather impressed with the way it handled the bumps and potholes in the street. I was even more impressed of the ride height, it was like I was on top of the world ...[&:] I fell in love with the Dakota that day and night, but in the back of my mind I still had her, the Monte Carlo wishing she would get fixed soon.

(Sigh) ... I have a problem now ... I think I want a truck now [], but I don't want a bigger loan. I still want to do things to my Monte Carlo though. I feel terrible now. I don't know what I should do I'm stuck in some strange car love triangle ha!

Old 01-11-2008, 09:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member
Default RE: I cheated on my girl ... (sigh)

Whatever you do, don't let one know about the other. They might get jealous of eachother. LOL

Old 01-11-2008, 11:13 PM

Think about what you are doing....sure it`s a one night stand but what after that? Ya gotta go home and then what? At some point in time you gotta face the music. Are you ready for it?

Old 01-11-2008, 11:25 PM

Lmao, I know the feeling!

I felt so bad the night I left my red 2003 LS Monte Carlo in the lot and drove home the car below. The paperwork was signed before I actually drove the 06. I knew I wanted it before I drove it, no matter how guilty it made me feel I had to look at what was right for me. The 03 only had a small amount of room left in mileage before it started losing value faster than I could pay it off... It was kind of that point where I had to decide wether I wanted to drive it into the ground, or get a new one. With repairs as pricey as they are, I decided to get something new. Looked around for months, then finally I saw my current car hiding in the back of a local dealer.

Would it be worth the hit in gas mileage and people room? I mean I'd look at the numbers first. Imagine what you're getting for mileage and what the car is rated at... then you can pretty accurately determine what you'll actually get in the truck compared to what it's rated at. Figgure out how much more the payment, and the extra gas will be per month... There's a chick that works at the same place as me... she has to drive a truck 3 days a week (the other 2 she has a ride)... yet she still spends double what I do in gas per week, where I'm driving every day.

Good luck in making the decision!

Old 01-12-2008, 04:44 AM

Twisted_Metal I think your just a closet Red Neck and just have to have that pickem up Truck ;-) Yeeeeee Hawwwww. But remember, if you ever get one, you become everyones best friend that needs to move thier stuff.

Old 01-12-2008, 05:45 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ya, take into consideration of the more money you will be shelling out for gas. Keep you Monte, you'll be happy.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:05 AM

[align=center]Hi Dannie,[/align][align=center]Funny, entertaining post : ) I hope that the dealership fixes[/align][align=center]everything that is wrong with your Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center]I like trucks, but I am a SouthernBeachRiverRedNeck : )[/align][align=center]I read up on the Dodge Dakota to learn more about them.[/align][align=center]Below is a link to the sites that I checked out.[/align][align=center]14 MPG City : ([/align][align=center]I personally, would choose a V-8 SS Monte Carlo : )[/align][align=center]Thanks for your post : )[/align][align=center]Click on link below to read reviews on [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]2007Dodge DakotaReview:Performance

[/align][/align][align=center]
Based on our analysis of major published reviews, ratings & test drives. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]8.0 (out of 10) Very Good [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][ul][*][align=center]MSRP:$19,370 - $29,720 [/align][*][align=center]INVOICE:$17,774 - $27,036 [/align][/ul][align=center]
[:-]Click on below [:-]
http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/2007-Dodge-Dakota/Performance/[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]

Old 01-12-2008, 12:44 PM

Well your true answer is going to be "do you have a need for the truck?" If you do well then time to get a bigger loan or a trade in. If not, then be extra happy for the Monte and the better gas milage.

If I didn't buy my truck, I'd have my Monte paid off now but I needed a vehicle for winter and towing a boat. I also like the idea of having a back up vehicle and it really has saved me.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:47 PM

Well i have always have had a truck I drove my ol 93 1500 for years before i got a car again

I don't want to give up my car but they just annouced a 295hp 5.3L in the Canyon/Coloardo trucks now i want one bad!

Old 01-24-2008, 02:47 PM

I drove a truck (1987 Dodge W150 4x4) every day for almost 5 years.There were several really good points owning it........impressive ride height,would go through just about any snow you can imagine,always had a way to bring home stuff(furniture,firewood,lumber,etc) but it had some bad points as well.Mainly the gas consumption ( around 13 MPG) and I never realized why I had so many back-aches until I got rid of the truck and started driving cars again.My back problems all but disappeared.I am sure the trucks today ride better than that '87 did though.

Quick Reply: I cheated on my girl ... (sigh)