Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I Can't Believe My Friend Is Gone

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 11:48 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default I Can't Believe My Friend Is Gone

Some of you who are also on MonteCarloSS.com probably know of member Mile High SS84. His name was Clint Mason.

We emailed regularly for several years now talking about everything under the sun.

Clint's girlfriend sent me a message through Facebook Clint was killed by police on march 10th.

http://www.9news.com/news/local/arti...4277&catid=222

Man dies after officer-involved shooting"

I can't believe my friend is gone.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

OMG, that is terrible RJ. Sorry to hear.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:23 PM

Hi R.J.,
Sorry to read that you lost a net `friend.
Did you ever meet him ?
Did you know that he was having problems with the friend that he lived with ? Did you suspect that he maybe unstable as the news reports states ?

It's always sad to lose someone that you know in `life, especially under the circumstances that he died.

I won't blame the police for the shooting, without more details.
Do you know if he did drugs or drank heavy ?

It's just a reminder that `life is fragile, and that it can end in a
heartbeat....I wish you good memories of your friend & your communications with him. May he R.I.P.

"We must live our Moment's 4-Sure"

Peace/Out the `Kid

Old 03-17-2010, 12:48 PM

denver and the west
Son says police-shooting victim in Thornton was bipolar

By Howard Pankratz
The Denver Post

Posted: 03/12/2010 01:00:00 AM MST

The man shot dead by Thornton police early Wednesday was a longtime American Airlines baggage handler who was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2004, his son said.
"He was a hardworking man," Daniel Mason said of his father, Clint Mason, 45, who was shot outside the Thornton home he shared with a roommate.
Daniel Mason, 23, said his father had worked for American Airlines in Albuquerque, Chicago and most recently Denver.
Daniel Mason said his dad took pride in his work.
After his parents divorced more than 13 years ago, Daniel Mason and his sister would fly from Albuquerque to Chicago every summer to spend two weeks with their dad.
Clint Mason remarried, but about five years ago, he divorced. Daniel Mason said his father's psychological problems made the marriage tough. "His wife couldn't take all the changes," he said of his father's mood swings.
According to Colorado Bureau of Investigation records, Clint Mason was arrested in Brighton in January 2005 for disorderly conduct. In August 2005, he pleaded guilty to reckless driving in Greeley.
Although Daniel Mason recently moved to Denver, he said he had not spoken to his father since 2004.
Police say Clint Mason ransacked his roommate's home in the 11600 block of Steele Street and stole his van Wednesday. When Mason returned to the house, he confronted police officers who had responded to the roommate's 911 call reporting an intruder.
Police said Mason approached the homeowner and officers, grabbed a knife he was carrying and refused commands to "stop" and "get on the ground."
One officer fired a Taser, and a second officer then fired his weapon.
The Adams County coroner said in a statement Thursday afternoon that an autopsy revealed Mason died of "multiple gunshot wounds."
Thornton police spokesman Matt Barnes said Thursday that as Mason approached the owner of the home and two officers standing outside, he reached down and placed his hand on the knife, which was in a sheath. Barnes said he did not know whether Mason unsnapped the sheath, as was reported by investigators Wednesday.
Barnes said the roommate was sleeping when he heard someone trashing the house. The homeowner originally reported that an unknown intruder was inside, but he later realized it was Mason.
Howard Pankratz: 303-954-1939 or hpankratz@denverpost.com

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/newsheadlines/ci_14659817#ixzz0iSPdOhHw

Old 03-17-2010, 01:10 PM

that stinks the standard procedure when some one that has a knife and welding it. they use peper spray and taser to subdue the person. if came runing after them then deadly force is neccesary. it didnt say none of that.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Default sorry for your loss...

Sorry for the loss of you r friend RJ. I have worked with people in the
past that are, bipolar. It can be a real challenge for those that know these
people on a day to day basis. We can only hope that these people are able
to find a peace in their heart....somehow , someway......

Old 03-17-2010, 04:41 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

You always think "That will never happen to anyone I know" but then it does... sorry RJ!

Old 03-17-2010, 04:58 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I really appreciate the support guys.

I talked with Clint's girlfriend Tracey a short time ago. She said the cops questioned her for 4 hours about this. She said so far no new information was released by the cops.

Tracey said Clint's grandmother has passed away a couple days before this happened. And that he was trying to deal with this.

I'm trying to remember what we talked about in recent emails? I know he was ready to move on as far as getting his relationship with his former girlfriend over so things could move forward with Tracey.

Rest In Peace buddy.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Very sorry to hear about Clint, RJ.

Never easy to find out that a friend or a family member has been killed.

Deepest sympathy to all of his friends and family.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:24 PM

Sorry to hear about the tragedy.

Quick Reply: I Can't Believe My Friend Is Gone