Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I cannot believe it

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Default I cannot believe it

I cannot believe it and got a phone call right after I got home from work from my father.Told me to come over and I could not believe it.I came over and he had his right hand nailed to the wall with a nail gun.He was alone when this happened and did hurt.I admit my father is not careful and did this about 2 monthes ago with his left hand and luckily a good friend of his was over.Carefully cut the nail between his hand and the wall with bolt cutters and I took him to the ER.Same ER doctor that took the nail out of his left hand looked at him with a weird look and said "not again".The nail was removed and my father is recovering very well.I told him to be more careful and this does not need to happen again.His construction friends need to take away the nail gun away from my father and teach him to use a nail gun right.He blames it on the nail gun and does not realize it is his fault,was not looking where his hand was.I have the nail that came out,His girlfriend Karen and I have an idea.Going to have it framed and put it on top of the wall as a reminder.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow. Hope he gets better soon. His hand, and his aim. I'd hate to see him hurt himself again. Could've been much worse.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:43 PM

He was lucky like the last time,missed a bone by inches and the ER doctor chewed him out for not being careful.I have the nail from the last time too and going to have that framed too to remind him to look where his hands are.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I did a quick search to see if there was the U.S. version, and came up with nothing yet. But here in Canada, the Discovery Channel has a show called Canada's Worst Handyman.

Every year, the show takes nominations from the public. People nominate people they know, to be on the show. Kind of like bad handyman re-hab.

That show came to mind when I read the first post. Once again, glad he's gonna be okay.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:36 PM

Wow crazy. Glad he is ok. I put 5000 nails into my house and never came close to doing that.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:01 PM

Glad he is alright. Pics? lol

Old 12-21-2010, 09:10 PM

No pictures,my father does not want pictures of this.My father has a history of handyman accidents which there are more and I remember one.Has no pinky finger on his right hand,cut that off with a metal bandsaw when I was 13 years old.I watched him run in the house with a rag over the cut.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:31 PM

That sucks, glad he is alright. How does one nail their own hand. Doesn't every nail gun make you push down first before it will fire?

Old 12-22-2010, 01:40 AM

Wow, that sucks.
Wish his a fast recovery, and please do take all of that equipment away from him.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:55 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Seems like the first time would have taught him to watch where teh nails are actually going. It seems to be a fairly common accident on construction sites. Those guns are just more powerful than they look.

Quick Reply: I cannot believe it