Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Hugee Photoshop Favor

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 01:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010
Exclamation Hugee Photoshop Favor

Hey guys so I'm still working on Kaylas truck and she is about to paint all the chrome on the bumpers red and I thought we decided on a red grille too. But now she freaking thinks a black grille would look good but I say it won't. Can someone pleasee do me a photoshopping favor and do the following..
Here is a couple base pics for you to use of her truck

Okay so can someone please paint the front bumper and grille (except the middle) all red to match the color of the rest of the truck. & then can you try to put these headlights on the truck as well.
Here are a couple pics

Those are the only good pics of the headlights I can find

Okay with the bumper and grille painted red and the headlights on can you post that on here. & then can you paint the grille black to show her the difference between red and black? pleaseee! I really would appreciate this is one of you guys could do this for me. It'll save me a lot of headache and fighting with her

This is the dumb pic she saw that gave her the idea of the black grille

Also in a second pic with the grille painted red, can you maybe add those grille inserts possibly so I can see if that'll work with black theme? There is also something big that I may need done graphic wise on the truck to make sure it will look okay but I'm trying to get past this painted bumper stuff and head lights, tail lights ordeal first. It is just soo irritating that we finally came to an agreement with the overall idea of mods for the truck (& it'll look sooo sick if she listens) and then she starts looking at funky things that are going to throw it off. She also found led door handles?!?
But anyway I'm done ranting. Once again if someone could do this for me I would owe you big time! Thanks!

Old 05-10-2011, 03:44 PM

Here is another pic she just took in case the person who does this needs a closer pic from the front. I'll see her on Friday to get the ram head on the back window so if need be I can take more pics of diff angles

This is my first time seeing her windshield banner since she got it on & it's a bit bigger then I planned on it being but hopefully it looked better in person. It would look a lot better with a tint visor but her parents won't let her get one so she's gotta wait til she moves out or something before she can get one

Attached Thumbnails Hugee Photoshop Favor-103_0014.jpg  
Old 05-10-2011, 03:45 PM

I'd say yes on the black grille but paint the chrome on the bumper black. If she wants to paint the bumper red then leave both the grille and headlights. On that style Dakota I think it looks best if that little strip across the middle matches.

Maybe you could tint it with VHT and make a black chrome? Wouldn't look bad either.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by yutzybrian
I'd say yes on the black grille but paint the chrome on the bumper black. If she wants to paint the bumper red then leave both the grille and headlights. On that style Dakota I think it looks best if that little strip across the middle matches.

Maybe you could tint it with VHT and make a black chrome? Wouldn't look bad either.
Well see big picture with the big graphic and overall mod future for the truck a black grille will make it look ridiculous. I'll try to make a quick paint mod of what the graphic will look like without everything else done to it

Old 05-10-2011, 04:07 PM

Okay here is the general idea with the whole big stripe graphic thing...ignore the horrible paint job, I just needed you guys to get a general idea...okay the truck on the front and back has a big bumper with slopes on either side. So to make her truck different from any other truck, I was thinking of putting a big black decal that goes straight across where the lines of the bump ends at the front, & go down to the bottom of the slope where it indents into the body & then slopes back up (kinda hard to explain over this). Her bumpers & grille would match the red of the body, have those black housing halo headlights with 6k HIDS in the low beams and her fog lights (possibly may get tinted fog lights in the future), may get a grille insert, & I can't remember what else we had planned for the front but here is a rough pic of the stripe done up front...

Okay so that is the front general idea..now with the back
It has the same bumper as stated going down her bed cover so same ordeal with the back except the black "vanishing point" will be a truck, flatter style spoiler that will be painted black put near the edge of the bed cover. She is going to debadge the Dakota SLT chrome badging and I'm trying to talk her into getting a custom reflectadome ram head logo thing made where the chrome on the original badge is black and then the background is red (so it looks like it blends in with the red on the truck) or just have a regular decal made since she doesn't want to completely debadge it on the tail gate. The back bumper will be red with the black plastic on the top. She will have the middle sliding window ram head logo. She will have unique looking custom tail lights, we are doing something with the 3rd brake light but idk what for sure yet. The latch on the bed cover is going to be repainted black and the logo in the middle is going to be taken off. & that's all I can think of for the back. Here is a rough paint of the back stripe (obviously without the spoiler bcuz I don't have photoshop)

So there you go, you know the general idea of it without me saying all of the mods that are going to be done to it.

BTW if whoever is doing the heads, grille, & bumper photoshop stuff...could you possibly put the black stripe on the hood kinda like I have it so she can see it all together. Once I get a pic of her truck wiht the ram head on the back window, I'm gonna beg someone to do the back stuff so she can see all that as well

Attached Thumbnails Hugee Photoshop Favor-103_0014-stripe.jpg   Hugee Photoshop Favor-103_0018-stripe.jpg  
Old 05-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i think it would look awesome, ill try it out quick with the black grille, i dont have enough time to do the headlights yet tho

Old 05-10-2011, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
i think it would look awesome, ill try it out quick with the black grille, i dont have enough time to do the headlights yet tho
It's fine, thanks! I just mostly need a pic of the red grille & full front bumper to compare to the black grille & red full front bumper painted to show her that it'll prob make it look off and random with all the other stuff done to it. I saw a red Durango the other day at a dealership with a red grille and black housing headlights & to me it looked hideous and imcomplete like it had to have it's grille replaced but they hadn't gotten around to painting it yet ya know

& Mitch what do you think is awesome? My idea or Kayla's black grille idea lol

Old 05-10-2011, 04:33 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

The black grill isnt gonna look good once the big stripe is on it

Old 05-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

lol, i ran out of time i have to get going so i wont be able to do it yet,

i think black would be awesome, but as you might be able to tell im a black and red fan lol

Old 05-10-2011, 05:11 PM

Yeah I know you are Mitch lol but I really don't think it'll look good with the stripe on the truck

Btw this is the type of spoiler I'm thinking for the truck. I was trying to find a better pic of it for photoshopping purposes but I can't find one right now

• Curved, low-profile spoiler has contoured wing and enhances the aerodynamics of any vehicle.
  • Blow-molded copolymer-the product of original-equipment technology!

Curved, low-profile spoiler has contoured wing. Approx. 53-1/2" W x 7" D, it enhances the aerodynamics of any vehicle-improves traction and stability, ensures easier handling. 2 molded-in flat-bottom pedestals stand 25" apart (center to center). Paint to match/contrast vehicle. Drilling required. Includes hardware and instructions.
A very low profile black one is what I'm trying to go for here. But obviously it can't be too low bcuz of the bump on the cover but you guys know what I mean

I can't tell if this is the same spoiler on a diff truck but it looks similar

(67 Inch Length / 43 Inch Mounting Centers) are it's dimensions

Last edited by SpinEm_90; 05-10-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Hugee Photoshop Favor