Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

How to take Super Pictures of your Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 06:39 PM

Setup is everything when it comes to photography. I have a good friend who is a professional photographer, and even with the advanced cameras it's important. It's absolutely critical with the point and shoot cameras that most of the people on this board most likely have. You need to know the areas that you're shooting well or be able to pick out good angles quickly for that spot. It's best if it's a combination of the two. If you set it up right before hand, all you have to do is point and shoot. There may be some things (such as glare) to deal with that are unavoidable but that's why I have photoshop. I've found that for car pictures though I don't need photoshop very much if I'm setting up my own shots.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Oh yeah. One BIG tip for taking pictures of your car.

If you don't want your licence plate number visible in the picture, take the plate off before you take the picture!

A blurred out licence plate ruins the picture. Your eye is immediately drawn to the blurred out licence plate.

When going to take pictures of your car, bring a screwdriver with you. When you get to where you want to take your pictures, simply remove your plate(s) and throw them in the trunk or front seat or somewhere out of view. Then simply put them back on when you're done.

Again, a blurred/swirled out license plate ruins the picture.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Taz I rearranged my plate numbers in a few of my pics.

Old 10-30-2011, 01:03 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

probably one of my favorite pics of my car that i have taken. done on an overcast day

Old 10-30-2011, 04:12 AM

Hi Member's, below Vid's have some great pictures & Tips
You Tube Video's, for those member's that don't like to read & just watch & learn

Thanks Member's for your post(s)/Tips/Tricks on taking great Pictures of your Monte Carlo Now, get out there & take some Pictures & `Share

Last edited by Space; 10-30-2011 at 04:20 AM.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:15 AM

0:58<BUTTON class="addto-button short video-actions yt-uix-button yt-uix-button-short" role=button data-button-menu-id="shared-addto-menu" data-video-ids="_U-mqSx9dZI" data-feature="thumbnail" data-button-menu-action="yt.www.lists.addto.toggleMenu">Add to</BUTTON>Car photography HDRby sojren2,542 views
2:21<BUTTON class="addto-button short video-actions yt-uix-button yt-uix-button-short" role=button data-button-menu-id="shared-addto-menu" data-video-ids="hifPLZWGlpQ" data-feature="thumbnail" data-button-menu-action="yt.www.lists.addto.toggleMenu">Add to</BUTTON>How To: Take motion shots of carsby boostedboogie7,170 views
4:01<BUTTON class="addto-button short video-actions yt-uix-button yt-uix-button-short" role=button data-button-menu-id="shared-addto-menu" data-video-ids="lMpqoTv6icI" data-feature="thumbnail" data-button-menu-action="yt.www.lists.addto.toggleMenu">Add to</BUTTON>How to Photograph a CAR in night with one speed...by Zeke9975167,957 views
1:48<BUTTON class="addto-button short video-actions yt-uix-button yt-uix-button-short" role=button data-button-menu-id="shared-addto-menu" data-video-ids="6xTRRXnMt6Y" data-feature="thumbnail" data-button-menu-action="yt.www.lists.addto.toggleMenu">Add to</BUTTON>Carlos Baez Photography: Exotic Car Photoshootby BaezPhotography17,689 views
2:05<BUTTON class="addto-button short video-actions yt-uix-button yt-uix-button-short" role=button data-button-menu-id="shared-addto-menu" data-video-ids="x94pCuGpub8" data-feature="thumbnail" data-button-menu-action="yt.www.lists.addto.toggleMenu">Add to</BUTTON>Car Photography by Chris Gurton Photographyby CJG1608861 views

Old 10-30-2011, 04:18 AM

1:08<BUTTON class="addto-button short video-actions yt-uix-button yt-uix-button-short" role=button data-button-menu-id="shared-addto-menu" data-video-ids="kjRXmsgzK_0" data-feature="thumbnail" data-button-menu-action="yt.www.lists.addto.toggleMenu">Add to</BUTTON>Car photographyby klassiekerrally4,214 views

0:18<BUTTON class="addto-button short video-actions yt-uix-button yt-uix-button-short" role=button data-button-menu-id="shared-addto-menu" data-video-ids="ojf8p405A70" data-feature="thumbnail" data-button-menu-action="yt.www.lists.addto.toggleMenu">Add to</BUTTON>Polarizer Effect Car Photographyby MartijnGizmo42,138 views
3:26<BUTTON class="addto-button short video-actions yt-uix-button yt-uix-button-short" role=button data-button-menu-id="shared-addto-menu" data-video-ids="cdQCL1OYBX8" data-feature="thumbnail" data-button-menu-action="yt.www.lists.addto.toggleMenu">Add to</BUTTON>Photography Techniques : How to Shoot Night Pho...by eHow95,285 views
5:50<BUTTON class="addto-button short video-actions yt-uix-button yt-uix-button-short" role=button data-button-menu-id="shared-addto-menu" data-video-ids="DrblroCrOxY" data-feature="thumbnail" data-button-menu-action="yt.www.lists.addto.toggleMenu">Add to</BUTTON>Photolearn learn how to photograph still lifeby Photolearncouk50,802 views

3:12<BUTTON class="addto-button short video-actions yt-uix-button yt-uix-button-short" role=button data-button-menu-id="shared-addto-menu" data-video-ids="b4XQwjOH_ik" data-feature="thumbnail" data-button-menu-action="yt.www.lists.addto.toggleMenu">Add to</BUTTON>Prophotoinsights-digital photography tutorials-...by plantphotodotcom7,723 views
0:21<BUTTON class="addto-button short video-actions yt-uix-button yt-uix-button-short" role=button data-button-menu-id="shared-addto-menu" data-video-ids="yzXy1C-KkgY" data-feature="thumbnail" data-button-menu-action="yt.www.lists.addto.toggleMenu">Add to</BUTTON>Car photoshootby robdeezyM324,697 views

Old 10-30-2011, 08:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like to use different elevations.

Like from below (from the ground):

Or above (climb somthing!):

Do not stand in front of the car with your jacket over your shoulder like a jackass. This ruins the shot

Old 10-30-2011, 09:02 AM

Hi Brent,
Thanks for your post/pictures & contributions.
I love the pictures your post/share 4-Sure.

Thank You!
===========
Yes CowBoy `Duane, I do hope it inspires member's to take more pictures of their Monte Carlo's & share

Attached Thumbnails How to take Super Pictures of your Monte Carlo ?-brent-bud.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 10-30-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:10 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

I have a pic from above..

Quick Reply: How to take Super Pictures of your Monte Carlo ?