Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

How to take Super Pictures of your Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 07:20 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile How to take Super Pictures of your Monte Carlo ?

Hi Member's,
Please post your tips on how to take super pictures of your Monte Carlo. I know we have several camera buff's that have taken some awesome pictures...Please share...

Below are some links from the web that have some great tips.
I think every MCF Member should have some great pictures of their Monte Carlo 4-Sure..

Automobile/Motorcar Photography Tips by Curt Scott

Click above link
ADIs How To: Take a Great Photo of Your Car. :
Click above link
Take Cool Car Photos With A DIY Specialized Car Rig ...
Click above link
Take Cool Car Photos With A DIY Specialized Car Rig ... If you want to take great car shots with blurred backgrounds I have a much cheaper ...
<CITE>www.diyphotography.net/take-cool-car-photos-with-a-diy-specialized-car-rig</CITE>
<CITE></CITE>
<CITE></CITE>
<CITE></CITE>
<CITE>Member's, please add your links or tips on taking Super Pictures of your Monte Carlo...Thank You !</CITE>
<CITE>============================================</CITE>
<CITE>Looking forward to seeing your tips/links & pictures..</CITE>
<CITE></CITE>
<CITE>Action</CITE>
<CITE></CITE>
<CITE>Ok, Where's you're tips/links ? ?</CITE>
<CITE>Hurry & post b-4 my batteries run `out </CITE>

Last edited by Space; 10-29-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

i have always had good luck taking pictures right before it starts to get dark out. Then the deep red shows better on my car

Old 10-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
i have always had good luck taking pictures right before it starts to get dark out.
I agree with that, also overcast. Most of my pics of my 06 are either in the evening or when it's overcast/mostly overcast because I found that the black looks a lot deeper/better in these conditions. Always a plus to find a nice looking or interesting environment/background to place your car to take pictures, as well as a creative way to take the pics (tilting the camera, off-centering the car in the pic, etc.). So, time of day, conditions, AND environment are probably the three big concerns when taking pictures of your car.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Also it seems that bright Sun light doesn't do it any good. Seems better when the Sun is going down or behind a cloud. like the details stick out better. Your right about the colors turning out better when its over cast a bit. I've seen one car a guy stuck it out in the driveway while it was raining lightly. And you could see the water beading up and running off. It also was red. He took it in the garage and blew it off with his leaf blower. And spray waxed it. all on a video. It was cool to see.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I take all my pics from a distance so you cane see how bad the paint is

Old 10-29-2011, 03:53 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I use my cell phone so my pics nvr look good

Old 10-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

I can say my yellow Monte did actually look good in sunlight. Something about the yellow. The sunlight brightened it up really good. Not so much with the black. Black looks better out of the sunlight.

Old 10-29-2011, 04:02 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
I use my cell phone so my pics nvr look good
Sure blame it on the cell phone.

If you want some ideas on taking pictures of your car, take a look at some of the professionally done car calendars.

Just my .02 cents...

In general, you don't want the background to be too busy. It distracts from your car. Your car should be the main focus of the picture.

However, finding an appropriate background even though it's "busy" can help. Taking a picture of a 50's car in front of a 50's diner is always good.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Default photos of your car

Taking good photos can be challenging. For my car, the color reacts to the sunlight and no sunlight very easily. I have to watch the shadows and and the blure/glare in the glass. I'm always careful not to capture a reflection of myself in the photo. I see this soooo many times with car photos. The color for my can look flat with no metallic but when I get a good angle from the sun, the metallic really comes out and it looks almost candyapple.
When taking photos on overcast days or in the shadows try to keep the light behind you and if your camera will allow you to adjust the flash, do so till you get it right. Never take photos directly into the sun unless you have high dollar filters/lenses for contrast.
Basically it's trial and error.
Here are two examples of sunlight vs overcast or dusk on my MC.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:39 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think 'Space is just wanting to see some pictures of Monte Carlo's and giving you guys a subtle hint.

Quick Reply: How to take Super Pictures of your Monte Carlo ?