Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

How often do you curse, use dirty language?

Old 08-25-2013, 04:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default How often do you curse, use dirty language?

Recently on a new home construction job site I was approached by the owner of the painting company (Mormon Bishop). He said during a meeting with the supt. and other trades yesterday Greg your name came up about all the cussing you do. And most of us feel you say the F word to much and would appreciate it if you did not do it anymore. I was like, whatever, I will try and pay attention to my language but when I'm stressed over something there's no guarantee's as the F word and many other very choice words just flow freely from my mouth. I'm in the moment and I just don't hold back, perhaps it was all my years in the military where everyone essentially in combat arms drops the F bomb every 5th word. It's just how I deal with the stressfulness of a situation. I though about bringing a sign and posting it at the front door "Girls working, watch your language" I mean we all know each other, have worked together for over 15 years on various jobs. But in the end we are all grown men and cursing is a part of life from what I have witnessed.

So does anyone else here have that trait of regularly letting some choice words fly? Or are you one of those who never even really gets to that level and does not curse at all? Why does one find curse words to be overly offensive? No one has the right to not to expect to be offended, if you think so your not living in reality. We have to co-exist and tolerate each other till a shovel of dirt finds our face one day. Your thoughts???

Name:  mouth.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  21.4 KB

Old 08-25-2013, 04:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

When I worked on the overnight shift, every 5th word was some sort of curse word and it becomes normal language. Then I find myself cursing when I don't want to be, mainly just out with friends, especially around women. When working nights with no one around, everything and anything flies. Days I usually just mutter the words as I don't think customers would appreciate me screaming curse words when something doesn't go right.

I agree, its just how people deal with a stressful situation, some choice words fly and in some cases there isn't much you can do to stop it.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:09 PM

I do amongst friends or people who know me well in certain situations, but I try not to go overboard. I avoid it at work; I work with all older men, it's just awkward dropping f-bombs in front of them. To me, it's just not classy, and they show me the same respect.

My take on those who feel the need to throw several f-bombs into one sentence wherever they'll fit- It's one thing if you're angry or venting, but in everyday situations it's just unnecessary and makes you look uneducated. I've encountered several people who speak like this - "Holy f, that was a good f'in meal, come the f over here and taste some of these f'in noodles." Really, is their vocabulary that limited? It just doesn't sound good.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i curse, a lot. I won't deny it

Old 08-25-2013, 07:48 PM
Zen

Well after 4 years in the Marine Corps an working as a automotive tech the last 13 years I've learned a vast amount of curse words. Even invented a few good frazes. In the back in the shop anything goes. Up front around customers I tend to be professional. Around my friends anything that can fly will fly if there's kids around though I tend to watch what I say

Old 08-25-2013, 08:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

i cuss way too much, i know it and most of the time i've been working to curb it. it's kinda funny but i honestly cuss more when i'm excited and in a good mood than when i do something wrong. like at the monte meet & greets i'm sure my language would make a sailor turn red

but lately i've been working on not cussing as much and i'm slowly getting better with it. i would say my boss is a good influance in that department, as i've known him my entire life and only heard him swear once. (and not even the F bomb). so i try to take his example and mutter "shoot" or "dangit" and stuff like that that's not as trashy sounding.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

I live on Long Island, NY. Here, we are bred to swear, curse, and say whatever the we want.

NY did invent flipping the bird after all.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:40 PM

I curse more than I should but when I'm in front of my family, I turn it off. When around people that I do not know or meeting, I let them know. I think MnteCrloSS47 and Snakebite can agree with me on that. Also being in the Army, cursing is no big deal. Whether mad or happy, I curse just to curse. Depending on how mad I get, the more frequent the f bombs are dropped.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:41 PM

I am in the F bomb club, it does depend on the situation to some degree. If I am with customers it is minimized, then when I am working on something or at a job site it will roll off the tongue. I do find it odd that after so many years it is an issue. I had a foreman once that became a born again, the biggest difference was instead of every other word being an F bomb it was substituted with FRiCK. Give it a try and see if that is less offensive. I couldn't agree more with you on everyone feeling I should worry about offending them, maybe they should be afraid to offend me with their comments &or views. Keep doing a great job and it will pass.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:44 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Only when I drive or am working on the Deuce

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How often do you curse, use dirty language?