Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

How many on here have one ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 12:19 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member
Default How many on here have one ?

I've noticed that some members on here have Muscle cars as their 2nd car. or 3rd. So my question is.....Can you members that have one. Could you post a little about it on here. Something like . When you bough it. What you've done to it. How many do you have to it. Just a little history on the car or cars. Now Muscle cars. Are pre 1970. After 1970. They were detuned. Even thou they looked good. Their HP was cut in 1/2. Thanks. I thought it would be interesting to see.............Rick

Old 02-10-2011, 01:07 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I dont have another but my dad owns a 1982 indy pace car camaro that i get to take out a few times a year. he has owned it since 86 and it is pretty much 100% stock (the tires are still the original ones that came on it)....it has a 305 with crossfire so its pretty hard to find parts for anymore since it was a one year thing

Old 02-10-2011, 03:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I Don't have one but my Father in law has a 1971 Cutlass S with bucket seats and dual exhaust that he bought brand new and special ordered. It was there daily driver for 13 years. Even pulled a trailer for camping trips. Now it has been restored and is his show car every weekend, his pride and joy. This pic was taken before the original Olds rims were restored

Just wanted to add my Father in Law also ordered it with a 4 barrel carb and wanted to get disc brakes up front but let the salesmen talk him outta it. The salesmen told him that they wouldn't last and the were too hard to work on.

Attached Thumbnails How many on here have one ?-003.jpg  

Last edited by lougreen03; 02-10-2011 at 05:11 PM. Reason: more info
Old 02-10-2011, 08:19 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

My fiance has a 69 L78 Chevelle that is documented and is in good condition. It had one repaint but the engine was never out of the car. There is not much more he wants to do with it except maybe another repaint. The car is too original to restore it. 1970 is also considered part of the muscle car era - 1971-72 they started to detune them.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

You already know what I have Rick. lol

1969 Chevelle SS 396/375 HP

I don't really remember the year my dad bought it, but he bought it exactly how you see it. It was a frame off restoration and everything was done to be as the car was from the factory. I have some documentation on it, but a few important pieces are missing. The car is almost all numbers matching. I believe there are only a few things "off" with the car, for instance, I know one fender is actually a replacement.

I'm 25, and my dad died in 2005. This is what he left me.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Now Muscle cars. Are pre 1970. After 1970. They were detuned. Even thou they looked good. Their HP was cut in 1/2. ............Rick
I have to disagree here. Modern Muscle cars are much better performers then older ones in my experience. Not as cool though.

I am fixing up my modern Muscle Car.

1998 Chevy Camaro Z28 LS1 motor
Looking at over 400 hp to the wheels.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:34 AM

1 Year Member

Rick. Again it's a Beautiful car. Do you drive it at all ? OOPS! I thought thats what I said. 1970 was the real last year for muscle cars as we knew it. Yeah. Some of the cars they make now are faster, safer, get better gas milage. But Like stated. Not as Cool . Well thats my OPINION.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I drive it as much as I can. I probably should try to get it out more than I do, but it's tough. Cruise nights, car shows, and just taking short rides is basically all I do.

I've got a nice trophy collection going on, some old, from when my dad had the car, and some new, from my own shows.

I basically taught myself how to drive stick in it. My step dad helped me out a bit.

Don't let the pictures fool you either. If I had the money, there are a lot of little things that I could do to that car to improve upon it's originality and make it even nicer. For instance, the exhaust manifolds need a sand blasting and coating like you wouldn't believe.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

IDK if a '65 buick skylark 2 door sedan really counts as a muscle car, with it's massive 301 CI 2bbl nailhead.... kinda like a '65 chevelle with a 305 2bbl, haha. but that's gonna change!

the buick was actually my first car, i was planning to drive it during high school but realized it wouldint be done in time and bought my monte. upgrades so far include replacing the blown up torqueflite ( turbine 300 in buick speak) with a turbo 400 that i found in a dump on some state gamelands. shifts great, and loves having a 3rd gear! took the interior out and windsheilds to reseal them, re- dyed the carpet, also picked up a set of bucket seats from a '65 corvair and a factory center console, but for now the bench seat is going back in. project's kinda stalled due to the cold and my garage being an ice box, but its slowly getting there.

best thing i got for it so far i aquired last spring, a monster 425 CI "wildcat 445" nailhead out of a '66 riviara, with the TH400 attached, that will be getting rebuilt with some goodies ( 2x4 intake, headers, ect) and transplanted between the framerails, for a super sleeper GS

when i first got it home:

more recent

and the "new" engine, after removing the A/C equipment

Old 02-10-2011, 12:12 PM

1 Year Member

Ryan: That's sweet. Sure does come close to looking like a older Chevelle. Paint doesn't llok that bad either. Maybe a little buff & Shine. Like you said it will make a good sleeper. Till you put a couple of nice mufflers on it. Keep us updated on this project. man You have a good start on it.

Quick Reply: How many on here have one ?