Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

How Many Cop Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 12:00 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default How Many Cop Cars?

This past tuesday I was driving down this road just outside the city. I happened to notice two kittens someone dumped off cause they didn't want the responsibility of taking them to the animal shelter and paying the $2/kitten to leave them there.

I turned my car around, headed back and tried to catch them as I was going to drive them to the shelter myself. Once I got close to them, they both ran off running down a sewer to get away from me. I made an attempt to coax them out of the sewer but they were too scared to listen to me.

(NOTE: the cats we have now are all dump offs from people who didn't the responsibility)

So I got back in my car and headed on home.

Last night (thursday) I was on this same road and noticed one of these kittens out in the road. He/she was obviously about to give up and let whatever happen to him/her. There was a cop behind me so I pulled in this drive to a lake and turned around. This time when I got out of my car the kitten allowed me to pick it up. Which I did. And I phoned my girlfriend Deb to drive over and help me. I did notice at this time there were a lot of cop cars in the area including one helicopter that kept circling.

Debbie arrived at the spot I was and we put this kitten in a cardboard box and headed for home.

Debbie asked about the second kitten but it was no where in sight? Something must have happened to it?

Little did we know on our drive home............... the cop helicopter followed us.

While in the garage trying to make this kitten comfortable giving it food and clean water, we noticed flashing lights. We walked out of the garage and the house was surrounded by FIVE (5) cop cars.

You see someone had stolen a car up around Toledo or Findley, Ohio and it was setting at the I-75 rest stop not one mile from where I had pulled over to capture this kitten. The cops thought I was there to help whoever stole the car.

So with spot light shinning, and red/blue lights flashing we were out in the middle of the street explaining to one of the cops WHY we were in the area at that particular time.

I told the cop if they wanted to search the property, go ahead. They would find this kitten in the garage right where I said he/she was.

Of course the neighbors were all out wanting to know why the cops were sourrounding this one house?

Debbie & I were laughing our heads off. We said if we keep this kitten we should name it "Copper." As in "You'll never take me alive.... COPPER!"

Two woman in a mini van stopped wanting to know what was going on? We explained to them what we had done and why it takes five cop cars to catch one bad kitty. They were laughing at the situation, too.

So it takes five cop cars and one helicopter to catch one kitten.
(tax dollars at work)

PS. I was in my '86 LS Monte when I stopped the second time to catch this kitty.

Last edited by rj; 06-19-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:10 PM

...R.J., that's a funny real story...I wonder how much it cost the taxpapers for their mistake ? ?

I'm just happy that they didn't find your `Pot Plants while they were searching your property.... LOL ~ LOL , you must have them in that
hidden concealed room you built LOL ~ LOL

Thanks 4 Sharing/Posting...Wish you & Debbie & Super Weekend.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Lol that's a great story :P

Old 06-19-2009, 12:13 PM

Thank You R.J.
For being a Kitty Lover
4-Sure

MCF RJ Kitty Collection

Heil!

Im In Ur Akount Sharding Ur Purplz

Im In Your Basin Takin A Bath

I Am In Your Novel Stealing Your Words

Im In Iraq Trainin The L33T

<A href="http://www.roflcat.com/I-Eated-Your-Stir-Fry.php">

Last edited by Space; 06-19-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Old 06-19-2009, 12:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I spy a biggriggs

Old 06-19-2009, 03:08 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

what the hell? And don't you hate it when teh cops are around and people have to come out and ask cops whats going on? That pisses me off. What the heck business is that of theirs?

But I'm glad they didn't take you down town to have explain everything there.

Unit 35: "We have a man trying to kidnap a kitten off the road."
Dispatch: "Roger that, we'll send reinforcments and the chopper."

Old 06-19-2009, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
what the hell? And don't you hate it when teh cops are around and people have to come out and ask cops whats going on? That pisses me off. What the heck business is that of theirs?
Originally Posted by Cowboy6622

But I'm glad they didn't take you down town to have explain everything there.

Unit 35: "We have a man trying to kidnap a kitten off the road."

Dispatch: "Roger that, we'll send reinforcments and the chopper."

LOL ~ LOL `Duane....that was funny

People are taxpayers & Police are Public Servants,
so they think they can do anything

All Points Bulletin

Be on the look`out for a KittyNapper
Driving a Monte Carlo
Last seen driv'in down InterState 75 @ A HIGH
rate of Speed.
Considered armed & Dangerous.
Has been know to molest kitties : )

Set up a ROAD Block

We Got'em
KittyNapper Now In Montgomery Co
Jail...We R feeding him
Kitty Food.
Cost to Taxpayer's
$35,000 +
LOL

Last edited by Space; 06-19-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:08 PM

Wait, so a car theft got 5 squad cars and a helicopter?

You know what happens if a car is stolen here?
They take your info and pretend to care.

There was a situation last week where two guys car-jacked a motorcycle (motorcycle-jacked? bike-jacked? i dunno what it's called - they took the bike at gunpoint) and fled one on the bike, the other in the car they were in.

I guess the cops chased them for about two blocks.

Shortly after that, the driver of the car hit and killed a young lady and her three very young children.

Sorry for the tangent.

-Riggs.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:11 PM

kittens fear nothing.

Quick Reply: How Many Cop Cars?