Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

how is everyone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 03:33 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default how is everyone?

hey you guys, sorry its been FOREVER since i've been on. i've just been a little busy lately. so i thought i'd make a thread to see how everyone is doing and how things are with the monte and just basically how life has been in the past two months.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

What's up, Kane? I wondered why I hadn't seen a post from you lately. What's been keeping you busy? Other than battling an on and off cold for the last couple weeks I'm not doing too bad. The Monte has a couple of litttle quirks in it I need to iron out but for the most part she's behaving.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:50 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I had a medical emergency 3 weeks ago and I was in the hospital for 5.5 days. I was stuck living at my Dad's house for the past 2 weeks cause he lives near my work and the hospital. I had an IV in my arm and a drain in my back because of an abscess. I just got my IV out yesterday and I moved back home last night. I have to go on oral antibiotics for 2 weeks and get another cat scan to see if everything is cleared up.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:31 PM

@mike: i've just been helping family out and spending money on my car lol. sorry about your cold, it seems like everyone is getting sick around this time.
@amy: dang that must suck, i have a friend who went through sorta the same thing except his was more on his shoulder. i know that must have hurt something fierce. hope you get to feeling better and i'm glad you're ok

Old 10-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow Amy, that's pretty crazy. I'm glad you're doing okay. I've had a staff infection before that stopped me from walking 5 years ago, but it wasn't that bad.

Nothing much going on in my neck of the woods these days except that I'm starting to work on the Monte before it gets too cold up here. I love the new steering wheel and I'm really looking forward to the next week or two.

How's that CRX running?

Old 10-22-2011, 04:35 PM

ehhh staff infection=not good lol.
i know what you mean about working on stuff before it gets too cold, today was the warmest day here in about a week, and it was only 70 lol. but i love the cold weather.
and you got a new wheel? schweet lol.
the crx is running like a champ, just a few things here and there im fixing but its in great condition for a car thats 23 years old lol. and the 40 mpg is a plus

Old 10-22-2011, 05:54 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Kane. Good to see you online again. Kinda like Mike, I too was battling an on-again-off-again cold for a couple weeks. But it seems to be gone for now. The CRX is 23 years old? Wow. Don't see too many Honda's around here that last over 20 years. Probably because of the winter weather/rusting factor, and the fact that most 10+ year old Hondas around here get turned into street racers and don't last long after that.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:11 PM

colds suck lol. my nose has been running for almost a month now, and my head has been stopped up. ughhh i hate it. and yea lol the crx is 23 years old, she was made in 1988 and im happy that i havent found any rust.....yet but im sure there will be a spot or two

Old 10-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Got just the thing Kane. A big bottle of rum, and hibernate for a few weeks.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
Got just the thing Kane. A big bottle of rum, and hibernate for a few weeks.
now THAT sounds like a plan lol, good thing i just got forza 4 and a boat load of new car parts to tinker with lol. if i add rum noone will see me for a few weeks

Quick Reply: how is everyone?