Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

How Is Canada?

Old 04-29-2015, 07:55 AM
Default How Is Canada?

It seems like most of the members here are from Canada and ive always wondered what it would be like there,i live in Louisiana and it kind of sucks here,all my friends I went to school with is either dead or in jail for drugs,Ive always told myself if I move away from here id move to Canada,USA is the laughing stock of the world,we have people rioting for nothing,crazy crime rates, and WAY too populated here,id like to go somewhere peaceful,nothing with crazy strict laws either,i heard you cant own guns in Canada,which I don't really mind,Does Canada like americans? i know a lot of countries don't like use LOL

Old 04-29-2015, 10:23 AM

Hi `Word, the last time I checked, Canada is still there & is OK >LoL<. Canadian's only likes Americans that own & drive a Monte Carlo
'I look forward to see what our Canadian member's post on your questions...

Until then, below are a few links to review. I think I would enjoy living in Canada

The Trade-Offs of Relocating North to Canada - NYTimes.com

www.nytimes.com/.../the-trade-offs-of-relocating-nort...The New York Times

May 14, 2014 - The relatively few Americans who move to Canada often find that they enjoy the country's more liberal policies and free health care, though ...

">How to Move to Canada: 8 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

www.wikihow.com › ... › Moving House and Packing
wikiHow

How to Move to Canada. Located north of the United States within North America,Canada is one of the largest countries in the world. Since 2001, approximately ...

Immigrate to Canada

www.cic.gc.ca/.../ind...
Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Dec 15, 2014 - Find out how you can immigrate to Canada, how to protect yourself from fraud and what to expect after you arrive in Canada.

How to Move to Canada: A Primer for Americans - HOW TO ...

www.howtomovetocanada.net/how_to_move_to_canada____a_primer_f...

Whatever your reasons for thinking of moving to Canada, if you're an Americancitizen, this book is for you. U.S. citizens have some advantages over citizens of ...

How to Move from the U.S. to Canada | USA Today

traveltips.usatoday.com › International Travel › Canada Travel › Canada

Moving from the United States to Canada is more involved than just packing up your belongings and finding a new domicile. Before you can move to Canada, you must apply for permanent Canadian residency with the office of Citizenship and ImmigrationCanada.

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 04-29-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:30 AM

Mod `Taz, will you adopt me or sponsor me. I can live in a tent in your back yard, or sleep next to your Monte & guard it (lol)

Attached Images  

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 04-29-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:36 AM

Haha,my main concern is peace,but ive never liked big citys,i just moved back from Houston to my little town in the woods,where do you live Mike? im guessing close to the beach? lol

Old 04-29-2015, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by KingWord
Haha,my main concern is peace,but ive never liked big citys,i just moved back from Houston to my little town in the woods,where do you live Mike? im guessing close to the beach? lol
Hi `Word, I grew up on a isolated beach in Indian River county Fl,

but now I presently live on the spacecoast in one of Grandpa Space's condo's. Presently I don't know where I'm going 2 live tomorrow. I did have a condo @ Cocoa Beach, Fl, but sold it because I thought I was going out of country, but things change.
Life seems to be in constant change for me lately, so I just live day 2 day & keep working on my dreams.

I also don't like Big City, I know I don't like the big cities in Florida & liked it a lot better on my home beach...(Sadly, it's getting more populated. I also like peaceful area & people. Getting harder to find Wish you good luck on finding a job that pays U $'s 2 survive & work on your dream Monte...Good Luck

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 04-29-2015 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Canada is a great place to live. I have lived in three different provinces and in many cities throughout the provinces. Driven almost all the way across the country and seen so much stuff I could write a book. From the salmon spawning and turning the river red, to mining towns and actually panning for gold while I was living in British Columbia. Lived in Saskatchewan and hated it, just too flat and depressing for my taste, but there was a few positives about living there, snowmobiling was awesome but the skiing sucked lol. Currently in Ontario and couldn't ask for a nicer place to live. People are friendly and welcoming no matter where you go in canada with the exception of quebec lol, just kidding for the most part everyone is nice, but as with any place in the world you always get those exceptions to the rules.

Living in the "Land of the 1000 islands" is nice, I have about 30 lakes within a 45 minute drive of my place, and the St. Lawrence river literally 4 minutes from my house, so I get some incredible views every time I go for a drive.

There is the dreaded Canadian winter that can be tough at times, but usually it's not as bad as people lead it to believe, but this year was a bad year, but I sold my snowblower a few years ago after not using it for 4 years, so that must say something lol

I've seen a few countries in my travels and as much as I loved some of them I prefer Canada for the most part, but given the chance I'd move to florida or california near the beach in a heartbeat, or any of the tropical islands (but the novelty of the islands would probably wear off when I couldn't go for a nice long drive lol)

So to sum it up, if you ever get the chance to come up, you really should, we have a lot to offer for scenery and entertainment, granted our music industry and television industry just doesn't compare to the USA, but we do have some kick but bar bands (mine being one of them hehehe) and some of the most beautiful scenery you could ever imagine.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:52 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I live in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Windsor shares the U.S. / Canadian border with Detroit, Michigan.

Fun fact: Windsor is the only Canadian city that looks NORTH to the United States.

Here's a couple links that will tell you more about Windsor. The first one is the link to the city's official website.

LINK---> City of Windsor

Here's the Wikipedia page on Windsor...

LINK---> Windsor, Ontario - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-29-2015, 07:53 PM

Ahhh that does sound nice,i love the open country and beautiful places to explore,as long as Canada can pick up family guy,south park,and fast n loud im fine with the TV lol,but being 21 im my girlfriend being 18 we are just now starting to get our lives in order,i never know where I will end up but I hope its peaceful,even if its riding some waves with Mike or shoveling snow in Canada with you haha,

Is there any industrial plant work up there? im an ex-ironworker,heights and building things is what I loved to do

Old 04-29-2015, 07:55 PM

Ive heard it gets pretty cold up there,but its more of a dry cold. Down here in Louisiana we always have high humidity so when it gets cold and the wind blows it feels like its cutting through your skin,40 degrees here is freezing cold

Old 04-29-2015, 08:01 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

We get all the Detroit media stations. (tv and radio) Plus all the same cable channels you get in the U.S.

This is our view of Detroit, MI from Windsor, Ontario.

Name:  IMG_0464.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  55.4 KB

Last edited by Taz; 04-29-2015 at 08:05 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How Is Canada?