Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

How 2 `be a Auto Test Driver + some Crazy posts by member's ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 06:38 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Lightbulb How 2 `be a Auto Test Driver + some Crazy posts by member's ?

Hi Member's, I think being a Test Car Driver would be a super profession...A job that pays you to drive new & exotic cars...A job that will pay you 2 have fun... I found the below article that has some decent tips...Would you like to be a Test Car Driver ? ? ?

Become A Test Driver ?

Pages: 123 <~ Click for next page

Test driver ^ above ?

==================================================

Imagine for a moment, if you will, that your job meant getting paid to test-drive some of the world’s latest and greatest automobiles -- from Ferraris to Porsches, and from BMWs to Mercedes. Picture waking up in the morning, knowing you’ll be walking out the front door and into the plush, luxurious seats of some of the world’s most expensive and sought-after exotic rides. You’ll spend your day exploring the vehicle from top to bottom and testing its drivability on the manufacturer’s track; this is your nine to five job -- your daily grind.

For any automotive enthusiast this job seems like a fairytale wrapped in a dream -- an unattainable profession meant for the elite and extraordinarily lucky. Well, think again. While luck may play a role in landing this job, rare talent is not a requirement. However, a deep love of the automobile definitely is. While getting into this profession doesn’t require the schooling and training equivalent to law or medicine, it is marginally more difficult than applying for a part-time job at the local mall.

Unfortunately, there really is no predetermined set of steps needed to become a test driver; although exceptional driving techniques and a nerve to push a car to its limits are qualities that will certainly help further your career choice. Take into consideration the tips below and you could be on your way to a high-revved career as an automotive test driver.
Required background

Unfortunately, there is no “test driver” BA program in college; however, there are degrees in mechanical engineering that could greatly improve your qualifications for becoming a test driver. While it is not a prerequisite for the job, holding a degree in mechanical engineering -- preferably one that includes coursework in automotive design and manufacturing -- will provide you with the background knowledge needed to truly understand the vehicle you are test-driving.

So, exactly how much money does a test driver make? Next Page >>

================================================== ====
The Best Test Drive Ever. Period. | MINI USA - YouTube
Click above Link to view a crazy Mini Cooper Vid ^
Best Test Drive Ever
============================================
Stand alone Video Player
^ CLick above link ZR`1 Corvette Test Drive
(One of my favorite Vid's 4-Sure) I'd love 2 test one
Above Vid is how I wanta `Smoke 4-Real ~*

Last edited by Space; 06-09-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I know it is quite different, but I want to find a place around me that teaches you professional driving. Now that I am comfortable with a manual, I think it would be fun to learn a lot of fun "tricks" with manipulating the car.

Last edited by Space; 06-08-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:27 AM

Hi Mod`Mike,
I think it would be a fun investment to go to a performance driving or racing school...It would be a great wedding gift from `Jenna...Then you could race away b-4 you say "I do"
Below is one in the Pocono area (?)

Driving Dyanmics School

The Driving Dynamics School is based atPocono in Eastern Pennsylvania. Driving Dynamics offers a number of programs, including a Street Survival Course and a 2 day Performance Driving School at Pocono which is accredited by theSports Car Club of Americaas counting towards 1/2 of the School Requirement for a Competition License.
Driving Dynamics features a variety of vehicles, including Formula Fords for the racing classes. There is extensive classroom instruction.
Courses

Racing/High Performance Driving

The High Performance school is a 2 day program at thePocono International Raceway. Classroom instruction and in-car instruction are provided covering a variety needed techniques. This course is accredited as one of the two schools required for anSCCA Regional Competition License. In 1997, the cost for this course is listed as $595.
Driving Dynamics School Office

Driving Dyamics
Advanced Driving School
25 Bridge Avenue
Red Bank, New Jersey 07701

800-225-3479 (Street Survival)
888-36-DRIVE (Performance Driving School)

http://www.redbank.com/drivingdynamics/

<HR><ADDRESS>North American Motorsports Pages/Krusty Motorsports/webmaster@na-motorsports.com</ADDRESS>

Old 02-09-2012, 08:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

It would be fun to be a test driver. I would do it for free.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by lougreen03
It would be fun to be a test driver. I would do it for free.

LoL `Lou, so would I...
Now I continue to go to auto dealerships & try to test drive their cars, but they keep telling me to bring a parent with me...I show them my driver's license & they claim that it's false and say that I can't be over 21
One of these day's I hope I have more then peach fuzz to shave ~> LOL... I would love to go to a high performance driving school...I think it would be a blast 4-Sure...
Thanks `Lou & everyone for your posts & contributions & keeping our forum active

Old 02-09-2012, 09:34 AM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
One of these day's I hope I have more then peach fuzz to shave
Don't wish that on yourself, it is very annoying haha

Old 02-09-2012, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Don't wish that on yourself, it is very annoying haha

Mod `Mike, easy for a guy that's growing a beard to say (post) ~> ...Everyone tells me that it's a pain to shave all the time, but I keep hoping for facial hair...Then I can officially be an adult (?) What ~> LOL
================================================== =======
p.s. did we just highjack someone's thread ~> LOL

Old 02-09-2012, 09:44 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

It would be one sweet job thats for sure

Old 02-09-2012, 09:56 AM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
p.s. did we just highjack someone's thread ~> LOL
It's YOUR thread

Old 02-09-2012, 11:39 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
It's YOUR thread
Hahahaha, and Space I'm on the same facial hair level as you, my chins got some though XD

And I would love the job, but everyone would hate me for calling crappy cars crappy.

Quick Reply: How 2 `be a Auto Test Driver + some Crazy posts by member's ?