Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

How to be `Happy : ) ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default How to be `Happy : ) ?

[align=center]Are you `Happy ? If not, Why?[/align][align=center]Do Something : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]I rather be happy , then sad [X(]. Below are some words/thoughts[/align][align=center]on being `Happy in Life. Please add your `input to this[/align][align=center]post with your comments/suggestions/readings/links..[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]It's the season of `Joy & Happiness, lets remind others,[/align][align=center]lets remind ourselves.[/align][align=center]Please post what makes you `Happy..`ok...Thanks[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]How to be `Happy ?[/align][ol][*][align=center]Change your thought process. If you catch yourself thinking that things aren't going to work out, then think again. Remember that most things work out better than you fear - so imagine that your fears are ungrounded and that success is ahead. Rather than thinking of the problems and getting desperate, imagine the best outcome and then work out what you need to do to make that happen. Follow your "inner guidance system." If the thoughts you are thinking are not giving you a good feeling, then think about something else that will make you feel good in that moment. Monitor your thoughts consistently throughout the day. Sometimes this may not be as easy as you think if you are stuck in a "negative" train of thought and your brain chemicals are getting fired up and forming an "anxiety or anger" pathway. Anxiety, fear and anger patterns can be interrupted by focusing on doing a math problem, counting backwards, counting in odd numbers, doing a sudoku puzzle, or visit the MCF & read a SpacePost etc. - this will dissipate the rush of chemicals that are making you feel bad. Immediately then go back to picturing scenes/remembering things/imagining, planning stuff that makes you feel good.[/align][*][align=center][/align][/ol][align=center][:-][/align][ol][*][align=center][font="times new roman"][size=4]Volunteer and learn to be a giver. It is possible giving time and resources to others who need them will contribute more to your happiness and positive outlook on life than most anything else. The key to successful family relationships is sacrificing time for others. Give of your time to your spouse and give yourself up for him/her. Devote time and resources to your children and recognize they are your most valuable worldly asset. The happiest days of our lives, when we really dig down deep, is when we see the smile on the face of a child who has nothing and you have given them something o

Old 12-11-2007, 05:37 AM
Default RE: How to be `Happy : ) ?

[align=center]A `Space Story[/align][align=center] [:-] [:-][/align][align=center]I was raised in a isolated beach area of Florida[/align][align=center]with most ofresidents being elderly.[/align][align=center]Many were very affluent, and had worked[/align][align=center]hard for their assets/wealth.[/align][align=center]I've listened, and learned from their experiences, and[/align][align=center]from their life's travels. I enjoy listening to their[/align][align=center]life's stories. I've learned, so much from them: ).[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think one of the most important things that I have learned[/align][align=center]from them is the importance of one's health, and wealth.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I've heard it from a majority of the elder's in my life[/align][align=center]when they tell me that,[/align][align=center]You are a very Rich Person, `if you are living your `life,[/align][align=center]without `pain.[/align][align=center]Many have stated, that they wouldtrade alltheir personal[/align][align=center]assets, to be free from pain.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]So, if you....,my net friend are living without `PAIN,[/align][align=center]You are a very Rich Person.....Count your Blessings.[/align][align=center]I do, & I hope you do to : )
Now, go be `Happy & EnJoy you `Day
[/align][align=center]Peace/Out[/align]

Old 12-11-2007, 06:02 AM

good stuff.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:10 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center]Hi `Bill, & Thanks for your post,[/align][align=center]I thought forsure thatyou would post:[/align][align=center]
"How to be `Happy ? Get yourself a WRX STi "[/align][align=center][sm=happy046.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=happy046.gif][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 12-11-2007, 06:23 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

thanks for posting this stuff.... i enjoyed reading it

Old 12-11-2007, 09:23 AM

most days i am happy...but as of right now stress is takin over due to finals which i am sure most of my fellow college students can relate to...add the girl factor and my stress level is thru the roof, ill b happy in a week or so lol

Old 12-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

I believe the only way you can be happy is; you need to be happy with yourself, and grateful for all that YOU have.

I try and work on myself everyday. Most days I am successful, but not always... My biggest problem is that I still allow negative people to get to me. In other words, I listen to them complain and once and a while, allowmyself to get suckedinto their negativity -- which includes the worse of all, talking about people behind their backs.

I believe, with all my heart, that I am in the favor of God, that I am in his graces.

Ephesians 6:10-17
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.
11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we are not contending against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
13 Therefore take the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
15 and having shod your feet with the equipment of the gospel of peace;
16 besides all these, taking the shield of faith, with which you can quench all the flaming darts of the evil one.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:23 AM

enjoy everyday like it is your last and do what ever comes to mind, never put off to tomorrow what you can do today. Don't let the one's on the INTERNET get to you they are just computer talking but in real life all is OK.... I have learned not topost something that i don't think will get a positive response to. treat others like you want to be treated.If you want life to be good to you then be good to your life.. Smile and the world will smile back and if you see someone without a smile give them one of yours.. life is to short to be unhappy. Be thankfull everyday that you have what you got and always keep a open mind on things you want for someday all will come to you... be all you can be but be yourself.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:51 AM

Well, I look at it this way when it comes to money, I'd rather be broke and happy then rich and unhappy. Which is a good view for a college student, 'cause there isn't really any way to keep money for long.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:17 AM

ORIGINAL: God_Bot

Well, I look at it this way when it comes to money, I'd rather be broke and happy then rich and unhappy. Which is a good view for a college student, 'cause there isn't really any way to keep money for long.
I am not a college student but you got it right...

Quick Reply: How to be `Happy : ) ?