Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

> Hot Trends in Car Colors

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 04:21 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Lightbulb > Hot Trends in Car Colors

Hot Trends in Car Colors

<CITE>By Kyle Kinard of MSN Autos</CITE>

Member's, what is your favorite Color ? ?

No factor may be more powerful than color when buying a car. Color alone can draw warm bodies onto the dealer's lot, spice up a drab econobox and help owners make a statement about who they are.
"In our country, we're very color-oriented," says Warren Barbee, a body-shop technician who moonlights as a collision-repair professor in Virginia. "A lot of automobile colors follow the fashion industry, and [both are] always changing."
Barbee's career has included work for Sikkens, one of the world's leading paint suppliers. "I attended every major paint manufacturer's school in the country, so I like to think I know more than most," he says with a laugh. Barbee gives us an insider's look at the fresh colors and trends that will be driving traffic onto car lots — and perhaps moving new wheels into your driveway — this year.

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/hot-trends-in-car-colors-1?icid=autos_3501
Click above 2 continue
================================================== ====================================

Last edited by Space; 09-23-2012 at 05:04 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:47 AM

Name the car below ? What is it ? What year ?

Old 09-23-2012, 05:03 AM

Automakers Eye Berry, Brown, and Green for Future Car Colors

Future cars are going to get greener. No, we don’t mean stricter emissions requirements or that they’ll cost more cash, although both are also true. No, get ready for a spectrum shift, as car buyers turn a blind eye to current exterior paints black, white, and silver and turn to more “naturally cultivated” hues like copper covering their future
auto
That’s the finding from
automotive
supplier BASF Automotive Coatings. Says technical manager Paul Czornij, “Although popular staple colors such as silver, black and white make up approximately 50 to 80 percent of current production, there is a rich diversity of potential shades that are returning to the market. The increasing inclination of society to celebrate beauty in earth tones and more traditional green and blue hues is the basis for this trend.”
The supplier based its findings from color experts based in Asia, the Americas, and Europe. BASF predicts earth colors like green will become more prevalent in the next four to five years.
Automotive.com’s take: How do you feel about a berry-colored Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class? A green Chevy Volt? Brown Dodge Dart? Or do you continue to see black, white, and silver continuing to be the dominate choice for car color for the foreseeable future?

Read more: Automakers Eye Berry, Brown, and Green for Future Car Colors - Automotive News

Old 09-23-2012, 05:15 AM

Just keep painting them black. Thats the only color car I want.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:30 AM

LoL `Grizz,
Yes, Black is my favorite, but it takes a lot of work to keep them looking good... U R up early 2day...Thanks 4 your post.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Name the car: Ethel
What is it: Old. sorry.... Classic
What year: no clue.

I'm sorry. But this picture makes me want to vomit. The fact that those cars have a Chevy bowtie on them is just depressing. And is exactly what's wrong with Chevy right now. The fact that those cars are on the showroom floor, and a new Monte Carlo isn't just makes it more depressing.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
Name the car: Ethel
What is it: Old. sorry.... Classic
What year: no clue.

I'm sorry. But this picture makes me want to vomit. The fact that those cars have a Chevy bowtie on them is just depressing. And is exactly what's wrong with Chevy right now. The fact that those cars are on the showroom floor, and a new Monte Carlo isn't just makes it more depressing.
`Lou I know it was depressing to post the above pic's LOL
The bowtie is about as big as the car (LOL)...

My grandfather emailed & said the car is a Olds & you got that right if you would've added a "s" on Old(s) lol
It's a 1957 Olds Golden Star Edition, I've never seen one, but it was way different then a 57 Chevy 4-Sure

I like it because it's way different then the rest...My grandfather said it was when cars were cars (LOL) & not computer's LOL
I like the below wagon they had then...I just found the below one.

It would be a great Surf'in Wagon..
< WoW 3 two barrel carb's Rocket Power
Check it out on the below link WoW...The owner did a super job on making it his 4-Sure
http://www.onallcylinders.com/2012/0...-fiesta-wagon/

Last edited by Space; 09-23-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Those cars are worth a lot of $$$ these days. NICE body style and plenty of room. I'd love to have one myself

Old 09-23-2012, 10:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
I believe its either a 1956 0r 1958 olds...lol just missed it...the year..i see you said its a 1957....lmao
Now theres a "real" steel car!!!

Last edited by STUMPMI; 09-23-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:20 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Those chevy sparks are imo a waste of money & r&d work, i looked at one last night parked next to a sonic its a whole 2" shorter why do they need 2 small crap box cars?? No wonder GM needed a loan from the gov, if they keep making decisions like this they will fail again, they need a diverse lineup of cars 1 in each segment not several, & this is why i slowly am starting to dislike all of GM

As far as paint colors vibrant colors are popular, i really wanted a "gotta have it green" mustang gt but once u think about it can u live with that color for several years?? I think black, silver, white, red, & blue will still be the norm for car colors

Quick Reply: > Hot Trends in Car Colors