Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Horrible start to a weekend

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 12:10 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

hope you get it all figured out. sucks for sure tho. good luck

Old 01-22-2012, 12:18 AM

When ibegan ready your thread I expected you to tell us you either wrecked or got the car stuck. I'm glad neither happened. It reminded
E of my days driving up north in the snow. I would oftenly try to drive out of the driveway before shoveling but after the snow plow did the street. Driving thru that mound of snow always seemed like a good idea walking up to the car. How come that snow mound always looks bigger when you are sitting in the drivers seat and it is too late to stop? Yup got stuck as often as I didn't. Always sucks getting the car out of a snow bank that you tried to drive thru.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Bummer...That is a harse way to start the weekend off. Hope things have become better for you and the leak isn't anything major or costly.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Lets keep fingers crossed!...as everyone knows theres a lot of "plastic"....connections for the radiator and translines! (tanks r plastic)....Radiators arent cheap.....hope its something simple! good luck

Old 01-22-2012, 10:05 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Man that sucks hopefully its nothing major

Old 01-22-2012, 10:16 AM

I'm hoping so too, not looking forward to having another mechanic bill just paid the one I had , someone asked if I liked that model of F-150 the most, honestly yes and no, with the right extras like lif tkit offset rims with larger tires etc etc, they look great but in all honesty I've never been even slightly a fan of Ford but my Grandparents have a good connection with the local shop, I'm also going with what I think I could possibly afford its listed for $7,900 its a 2000 says 4 door ext. cab with 65k I think I could possibly get it for 6k maybe $6,500 but who knows I just hope theres nothing major wronge with the car so I don't have to go that route

Old 01-22-2012, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
When ibegan ready your thread I expected you to tell us you either wrecked or got the car stuck. I'm glad neither happened. It reminded
E of my days driving up north in the snow. I would oftenly try to drive out of the driveway before shoveling but after the snow plow did the street. Driving thru that mound of snow always seemed like a good idea walking up to the car. How come that snow mound always looks bigger when you are sitting in the drivers seat and it is too late to stop? Yup got stuck as often as I didn't. Always sucks getting the car out of a snow bank that you tried to drive thru.
any yes so happy I didnt total it or partially wreck it, seems like the first snow here people just forget how to drive in it or panic or something, the snow mound at the front of dads driveway looked horrible but there was zero parking spots even in town thtd been plowed and since we were declared in a snow emergeny I couldnt park on the street so just had to brave it and well that ended badly unless of course the cold weather was the culprit for making something go to heck

Old 01-22-2012, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by brendan127
Do you like that model of F-150? I prefer the 2004+ F-150's.
I replied to this a couple posts up just for some reason I never figured out how to quote lol

Old 01-22-2012, 10:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Bottom right corner of the persons post says quote ... just click it!

Of course i am the ultimte Chevy guy......I was raised on a 58 chevy impala (when i was knee high born in 1953)

348 tri power form the factory (anniversary edition)
My best ever owned truck is my current 1....A triple balck Z71 silverado 4X4....
But i live in detroit where theres always snow in he winter !!!
Guess which vehicle i trust in the snow? The only other Vehicle i Have ever owned thats was a NON GM......is my Harley ....(dont count it against me ) lmao

Old 01-22-2012, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Bottom right corner of the persons post says quote ... just click it!

Of course i am the ultimte Chevy guy......I was raised on a 58 chevy impala (when i was knee high born in 1953)

348 tri power form the factory (anniversary edition)
My best ever owned truck is my current 1....A triple balck Z71 silverado 4X4....
But i live in detroit where theres always snow in he winter !!!
Guess which vehicle i trust in the snow? The only other Vehicle i Have ever owned thats was a NON GM......is my Harley ....(dont count it against me ) lmao
Got er figured out now too don't know why I've always missed that I love GM too most of everything I have owned has been GM I Love Pontiacs and a friend recently got me into Montes and I was hooked, I've had a few Chrysler/Dodges though that I really loved but always seemed to have a few problems with, most of my Pontiacs and Chevys gave me no problems or very few small ones

Quick Reply: Horrible start to a weekend