Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Hope everybody survived "Black Friday"

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Default Hope everybody survived "Black Friday"

I hope most of you were fortunate to avoid the early bird shoppers of "Black Friday." I had to be to work at 4 AM this morning and it was fun watching from the side-lines. Unfortunately I had an encounter with a group of shoppers that decided to leave a shopping cart right next to my CAR! I was standing there and watching the woman do it. Just rolled it between my car and a truck that was parked next to me.

I was standing next to the kiosk when I said "don't leave that shopping cart next to my car." She looked at me and said "what?" Then I had to repeat myself and she said something back, but I couldn't make it out. It more than likely was something along the lines of "I'm not going to move it" because she just walked back to the van and got in. Not going to stand being ignored, I went over and grabbed the cart then placed it less than 1-inch from the passenger side of the van. The driver had to slowly and carefully back out because obviously everybody in the van were too lazy to actually get out and move it (this was obvious since she put the cart next to my car instead of returning it to a cart return).

After they backed out they all flipped me off which set me off. In front of God and everyone I went over to the van as they were pulling away and started yelling and cursing at them. Reflecting back in it, I should have gone with my first thought and just smiled and gave them all a thumbs up. Before the van cleared my side, as I turned I lightlyhit the window with the back of my hand. The passenger got out of the car and a shouting match ensued. She knew she wasn't going to win so she just got back into the van and left. Before doing so she asked my name so its obvious that someone is going to complain.

May or may not have a job after Monday because of it, but I could care less. I've had to put up with this crap from people at that station for five years and a change would be good for my patience and stress level. These people were just the last straw.
[/align]

Old 11-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Default RE: Hope everybody survived "Black Friday"

hell yeah d00d screw that crap. personally id of rammed their van with the cart then dared any of them to do anything and gone off even further for being a beioch if nothing more. lazy worthless people thats what they are

btw i didnt survive unscaved i did get fired for being sick

Old 11-24-2007, 06:50 PM

yah i work at target and i opened that mornin...got shouted at because the lady in front of her got the last of a product and she insisted that she was there first and she screamed at the top of her lungs at me and then after shouting at me for a while she proceded to try and take the product from another customer and in turn ended up gettin arrested over the fight she caused lol i thought it was funny as hell

Old 11-25-2007, 10:53 AM

LOL I was driving through Kansas as Black Friday was going on![:'(]

Old 11-25-2007, 07:11 PM

I stayed home and played it safe, I was planning on heading over to Rapid City, but my dad was going to leave home at 6am with my car to go get winter tires put on it. Being a college student I saw no merit at all for waking up before 10 so I stayed home. It's sure is nice to have winter tires now. When I left here Tuesday to go home the first 75 or so miles out of Bozeman were covered in snow pack and ice, I actually drove under 40mph for quite a while on I-90, which surprised everyone at home when I told them that, they didn't think that I would ever do less than 75.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:25 PM

i play it safe as well...it was too nasty for me to even go up to our hunting land...i never miss hunting for nething and i didnt drive newhere, it wasnt work the risk to myself others or the car

Old 11-26-2007, 11:25 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I went to Best Buy at 6am - got in & got out in 15 minutes (I was prepared LOL)! But I lost a glove in the process

Old 11-26-2007, 11:54 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I worked. But I was home by 9:05am so I took a little nap.

After they backed out they all flipped me off which set me off. In front of God and everyone I went over to the van as they were pulling away and started yelling and cursing at them. Reflecting back in it, I should have gone with my first thought and just smiled and gave them all a thumbs up.

Do what I do. Give them what looks like the piece sign. "V"
But in reality you're giving them the number 2 sign. Inresponse to their 1 figer salute.

Number 2 as in "You ain't sh--."

On occassion I have been known to take the shopping cart left beside my car and place it behind the vehicle leaving that left the car. So they back in to it. Lazy @$$es.

but just so you know. With all the crazies out there you could end up getting shot doing something like this. Right or wrong doesn't matter with all the idiots out there today.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:42 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

monte man, didd you keep your job?

Old 11-26-2007, 05:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

monte man, didd you keep your job?
Well since nobody's heard about what happend unless it was through me, these people lived up to their reputation as being lazy and didn't complain. I know for sure that I would have been pulled into the manager's office or store director's office sometime today. None of the managers I walked past today said anything so I might be in the clear. Won't know for sure until the department manager shows up tomorrow or Wednesday.

Quick Reply: Hope everybody survived "Black Friday"