Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Hi All

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 09:52 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Hi All

I haven't been on MCF recently. Getting everything ready for Columbus Goodguys plus walking daily with my father. Then work, my green Dodge Shadow ES repairs, the girlfriends '03 Monte Pace car is having issues again, life in general, and the list goes on.

My 150 Handyman Wagon did great for the trip to Goodguys. I expected issues but there were none. It was his first trip to Columbus, OH and a Goodguys event. He liked the added attention having his picture taken often.

Took me three months to get the engine repaired in my '93 Shadow ES. No time to work on it. The night I got it running again I pulled it out of the barn. The rear brakes locked up. The driver side wheel cylinder blew and caused heavy damage to the backing plate. Try to find a backing plate for a '93 Dodge Shadow. A yard in Findlay, OH did have one and shipped it to me last friday. Now to get the brakes repaired so I can get my girlfriend out of the Pace car.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:49 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Hi RJ - I hope you get everthing worked out with the Dodge Shadow!

Old 07-17-2013, 12:10 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Hi Amy. Great to see you again at the Mongte Nats.

Thanks for the support.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:30 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey RJ!

Good luck getting the Shadow back into shape.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Glad you had no problems in Columbus, OH , First time out with my 1940 chevy was to Columbus, OH street rod nats , It broke down 600 miles from
home..LOL My wife was mad.. But I got to ride in an 1934 ford pickup with a blown big block .. we went looking for auto parts store .. I tryed to give him money for gas . He said no all hot rodders look out for other hot rodders.My fuel pump was the problem..

Old 07-21-2013, 07:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Hi RJ! Good to see you posting here, and it was GREAT to see you and Debbie at the MC Nationals!

Old 07-21-2013, 06:28 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Well I got the replacement backing plate on the '93 Shadow. BUT........... (long pause here)............ I snapped the end of the brake line off trying to remove it. AGH!!!!

I'm going to try to find a replacement brake line. If none out there I'll have to buy/bend a new line from the nearest junction. And hope it fits the car.

Wayne. It was great seeing you again. Hope we can get together sooner then the '14 Monte Nats.

Amy think you'll attend the '14 Nats?

If anyone would be so kind. Please pray for our cat Chester. we found out he has a urinary blockage which can be fatal if not treated. He's at the vets and they are hoping for the best. Chester is 8 years old this year. I found him and his sister Cheyanne along side the road one night while driving home. Chester ran out in front of my car. I swirved and missed him. Turned around and went back not knowing there were 2 kittens dumped there. I got them in my car and couldn't keep them from driving home. They both wanted to drive. I told them they weren't old enough but you know kids. lol
We were "originally" planning on finding a home who would take them both..... but...... someone (spelled: Debbie) stepped on Chester's head, broke his jaw and $257 later we had to keep them.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:37 PM

Hi R.J.,
It's great to see you online, but it's not great to read about `Chester . I shall contain him in my prayers > (Yes, I do pray a lot > All the Time for many in my life) ....

Wish you good luck on getting the Shadow back on the roads again...Take good care & I sure hope we see you more online.

Wish you Deb & Family Health & Happiness,
Sincerely, `Space

Old 07-21-2013, 06:41 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Thanks Space.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:53 PM

Hey RJ good to see you around again. Glad to hear you're getting the Shadow back on the road. Don't see many of those around here anymore.

Quick Reply: Hi All