Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Hey Cowboy

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default Hey Cowboy

I have doing this for the past couple months, everytime I got bored, I did a little. But you can take it to the city for what the court house would like if it was re-bricked.

Old 03-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Default RE: Hey Cowboy

MemberPropitious: `Craig,
Amazing detailed `work, it's beautiful!!!
Thanks for sharing/posting your talent.
`Space

[:-]

`Duane's - Cowboy6622 - Monte Carlo SS

Old 03-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's a lot of work, man.
Did you do that just for the challenge? Or is there some greater purpose? Getting a job in urban design?

Either way, looks very good!
[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 03-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Photobucket

Actually Taz, I just liked the building, and I noticed it was originally bricked or it appears that way when you blow the photo up. So that made me wonder what the building probably looked like when it was orginially constructed. So I lookedup the color of brick used when the building was constructed and just went to work creating a brick pattern to scale and then bricking the building. Then I ran into a problem because the original picture wasn't square and creating that pattern on a angle was a pain. So I squared up the building and then finished. When it was done I liked it, but the white of the missing clock and the wood in the tower didn't look as good, so I added a clock and then bricked the tower too.

Yeah, it required a lot of math to figure out window sizes, door sizes, actual story heights, and other building dimensions. Measure the picture, use some trig to figure the angle and distances, on the only know measurement - the overall length of the monte carlo, and then establishing the rest.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:01 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

damn... you really take pride in your work and go far beyond what is expected. i'll email it to the courthouse.... see what they think of it.

as far as I know, the building is as old as the town. theres actually an old horse carriage inside, i don't know what importance it was...

the floor is an old oak board floor... it's probably as old/older than the town. it's stood at the corner of Williamsboro and Main forever....

Old 03-01-2008, 07:34 PM

5 Year Member

I did some pixel art for a class called Scientific & Tecnical Visualization II. This is my dads 18 wheeler. It took me about 11 weeks to do if I rememebr correctly, using a good part of a 90 minute class to work on it. If you save it to your comptuer and zoom in on it, you can really see the details in it.

Pixel art is never done like this either... I've never seen anyone else try to do something at this kind of an angle. Pixel art is usually done on an isometric plane (I think is what its called)

There is a knick in the mirror (made by chaning the color), the mirrors, hte fenders, and the wheels cast shadows.The treads were done... this took FOREVER!!! But I did get a 100 for it (:

Shipping containers are riplled... that was a challenge. The stripes on my dads truck were another challenge. Putting a number on the container was another trick... so was making the chassis. It was tough... and even tougher for an impatient, big picture kind of guy.... but I got it done.

The picture it was made from and another picture of the truck.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Photobucket

Hey Cowboy, I live by this...

Colossians 3:22 Slavesobey your earthly mastersin everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. 23Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for man, 24since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for his wrong, and there is no favoritism.

I read the above as:
Workers and employees obey yourCompany Owners & Management in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for man, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for his wrong, and there is no favoritism.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Photobucket

Nice work on the Truck... I did download it and zoom in close to see all the detail.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:41 PM

5 Year Member

make sure you look back... i put the original pictures in.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:42 PM

5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

make sure you look back... i put the original pictures in with an edit.

Quick Reply: Hey Cowboy