Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Heres why I cant sleep... and mabye a few others of you.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 12:44 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Heres why I cant sleep... and mabye a few others of you.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20...tchy/3234191_1

Why do they have to bite, i have like 3 bites and its getting to the point where i cant sleep at all because i feel as if something is crawling on me.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:03 AM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

dude that sucks, what will you do, holy **** man?

Old 05-17-2009, 02:13 AM

`Brock, Well first...stop being so sweet : ) In florida we have lots of bugs/spyders/snakes etc. I only have one Bed Bug & that my g/f : ) She's always bug'in me : ) The bed bugs can't help it, they just like you....they need love & attention 2 : )
Check out the below article...Really `hope U can get rid of them...
I heard/read they are a increasing problem everywhere : (

I can sleep anywhere & anytime....Good Luck in gett'in rid of the bugs...
What are bed bugs? What do bed bugs look like?

Bed bugs are small, oval, wingless insects that reach about 1/4 inch in length. They belong to the insect family Cimicidae, which includes three species that bite people. Bed bugs have flat bodies and are reddish-brown in color. They may sometimes be mistaken for ticks or small cockroaches. Bed bugs feed by sucking blood from humans or animals. They do not develop wings and cannot fly.

Where are bed bugs found?

Bed bugs were common in the U.S. before World War II and became rare after widespread use of the pesticide DDT began in the 1940s and 1950s. They remained prevalent in other areas of the world and, in recent years, have been increasingly observed again in the U.S. Increases in immigration and travel from the developing world as well as restrictions on the use of stronger pesticides may be factors that have led to the relatively recent increase in bed bug infestations. While bed bugs are most likely to be found when sanitation conditions are poor or when birds or mammals are nesting on or near a home, bed bugs can also live and thrive in clean environments. Crowded living quarters also facilitate the spread of bed bugs.
Bed bugs can live in any area of the home and can reside in tiny cracks in furniture as well as on textiles and upholstered furniture. They tend to be most common in areas where people sleep and generally concentrate in beds, including mattresses, box springs, and bed frames. Other sites where bed bugs often reside include curtains, the corners inside dressers and other furniture, cracks in wallpaper (particularly near the bed), and inside the spaces of wicker furniture.
Since bed bugs can live for months without feeding, they can also be found in vacant homes.

What does a bed bug look like? Picture of a bed bug

Old 05-17-2009, 02:17 AM

I work in hotels. you wouldn't believe the Bedbug stories I could tell. i get a case of the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it

Old 05-17-2009, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by vincenti
I work in hotels. you wouldn't believe the Bedbug stories I could tell. i get a case of the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it

Here's a dumb ? What R heebie-jeebies ? Is that some kinda
disease or zomething ?
Couldn't find it in Googles, & if they don't know ? who does ?
Vicenti, if you got the heebie-jeebies, I hope U get
rid of them! Is it a sexual transmitted disease ? lol ?

Old 05-17-2009, 07:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

heeˇbie-jeeˇbies Slang A feeling of uneasiness or nervousness; the jitters. Also described as a feeling of anxiety, apprehension or illness.
[Coined by William De Beck (1890-1942), American cartoonist, in his comic strip Barney Google.]

Old 05-17-2009, 07:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

WOW! That is crazy about the bedbugs. I think the next time we travel, were sleeping in the car. We'll rent a room only to take a shower.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by RocknSS04
heeˇbie-jeeˇbies Slang A feeling of uneasiness or nervousness; the jitters. Also described as a feeling of anxiety,
[Coined by William De Beck (1890-1942), American cartoonist, in his comic strip Barney Google.]

Thanks `Wayne 4 the definition, if that's the case
...I get the Hee-bie-jee-bies everyTime I get a chance to
drive the AweSome Chevy Monte Carlo & other
great cars lol...
Just think'in `bout driving a new ZR1 Corvette give me
Triple HeeBieJeeBies WoW
That was a Mind `Trip...
A HeeBieJeeBies Mind Trip 4 Sure lol

Old 05-17-2009, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by JJsRYD
WOW! That is crazy about the bedbugs. I think the next time we travel, were sleeping in the car. We'll rent a room only to take a shower.
hate to tell you, but I got "how showers are cleaned" stories too. you'd be further off hitting the creek, or running thru the carwash.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:36 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Omg theyre that big????, i thought they were invisible sized. I guess i dont have them. Mabye im going mental??

Quick Reply: Heres why I cant sleep... and mabye a few others of you.