Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

help and opinions appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Default help and opinions appreciated

well get to work today and lord behold we have a 2006 monte with the 3.9 wih 50k, leather, tan/black int. onstar, homelink.etc... on the lot for 14k i can get it for about 9k have the 03ls 3.4 if i can get payments close to what they are now does this sound like a good deal?? i want a monte to blow the doors off my wifes 06 mustang v6 any known issues with the 3.9, let me know what yall think...
love yall guys!!

Old 02-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: help and opinions appreciated

So ya want to blow her doors off, huh? There's so many jokes here that would get me in trouble.

Anyway...
If it doesn't blow her doors off, it would definitely give her a run for her money at the very least. But I do think you'd really enjoy the 242 horse '06 Monte. If your payments are not too bad, I'd say it's a good deal. You'd be getting a more powerful engine, updated styling, 3 years younger, and lots of nice toys and extras.

Black leather interior looks terrific too. Sounds like a very nice car your interested in!

Old 02-07-2008, 11:17 AM

Hi `Jason,
I really love the LT3, 3.9L 242 HP Monte Carlo,
and the MCF Member's that are fortunate to have one
seem very happy with theirs.
I would do a Kelly Black Book search.
Also a search on AutoTrader/Cars.com
and review on MSN Auto's.
Also, I would ask the dealer for a CarFax report to learn
about the history of subject Monte Carlo.
Are you saying you can buy it for $9K , or is that
$9K + your car ?
It really pays to do your homework B-4 you buy,
and not after.
I wish you good luck on your decision.
Keep us updated....`Space

Old 02-07-2008, 11:24 AM

9K Is my price for the 06. they want 15k for anyone else. was an employees car that was an older woman very well maintained and all records.. she is immaculate. traded in to get a smaller car.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:30 AM

[align=center]Hi `Jason, Sounds like a super deal, since you know about [/align][align=center]the car. Will they give you a extended warranty ?[/align][align=center]This is what I found on Kelly Blue Book[/align][align=center]*Note: Price is on TRADE IN VALUES[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center]
More Photos [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

Condition
Value

Excellent [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
$10,025

Good [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
$9,225

Fair [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
$7,815

Average Consumer Rating (184 Reviews)[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Read Reviews [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

4.7 out of 5
Review This Vehicle [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Printable reviews[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]&VehicleId=207&GenerationID=298&ZipCod e=32978[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
[URL=http://www.kbb.com/KBB/NewCars/PricingReport.aspx?ManufacturerId=9&ModelId=50 &YearId=2007&VehicleId=20994&VehicleCl ***=NewCar][IMG]http://file.k

Old 02-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm with Space.
DEFINITELY get a carfax done on it.

Space... is your info for a 2007 or 2006?
Jason is looking at a 2006.

Thanks for looking it up. I was about to break out my Consumer's Reports magazine, but your info is more specific then theirs.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:51 AM

Only issues I can think of are the TPMS system, check to see if it was replaced under warranty or if you might be able to get some sort of extended warranty that would cover it, I think it's around $500 to get that fixed. The window seals will pinch every once in awhile and it has been said that you can get those replaced as well. There are some door rattles and i've yet to hear from anyone that's came up with a good solution. Other than that I can't think of anything. Haven't heard of any engine/tranny problems yet with anyone, I know mine's been fine.

As for blowing the doors of off a V6 Ford, that should be pretty damn easy, even if the Monte is all stock.

What color is it?

We got my Monte for $16k or $17k with either 16k or 17k miles on it, can't ever keep the two straight. That was back in August of '06 and it was a pretty sweet deal. Only problems I've had was the TPMS deal, and the deal said they had fixed it when I took it in under warranty, but I don't think they did and now I'm out of warranty and it pops up every so often. I've had the window seal pinch a few times, not enough for me to ever go get them to replace those as a simple rubbing with my finger, or a rolling down of the window for a bit works just fine.

Edit: Oh, and there have been reports of the chrome in the headlight housing dulling. I haven't really noticed as I have a set of eyelids on my headlights that slims them down and blocks of a chunk of that chrome so mine may be dulled, but if they are it's not enough for me to really notice.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:01 PM

Sorry guys wife shot me down.. the 03 with the 3.4 handles its own she only gets about half a car lenghth ahead up to 80..... but she brought up a few good points.
#1 yes it's newer but the 03 only has 61k on it
#2 the 03 has a brand new gm transmission with 9k on it
#3 another extra year on payments i dont want to begin with.
#4 the 03 just looks meaner... and when the 3.4 goes.... hello supercharged 3.8 or convert it to rwd like my buddys 04 grand prix with a 5.7 (mean and nasty)
but i really appreciate all the thoughts and the hard work you put into your research for me. i just wanted to let you know i appreciated it so much, dont know how often you hear you are appreciated here but felt like it needed to be said... thanks taz. and godbot as well...
oh well wash and wax the 03 and convert from #8 to #88 on the trunk... like they say out with the old and in with the new!!

p.s. it was same color as yours godbot

Old 02-07-2008, 01:32 PM

Oh man, I was pulling for you to get it, ah well maybe whoever does end up with it will join the site.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:43 PM

[align=center]Jason[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][8D]Honey, I want a LT3Monte[/align][align=center]I want `it.....[X(][:@][/align][align=center]I want `it....I want it [:@][X(][/align][align=center][]<~ I said NO & that's final : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Sorry `Jason, go 2 your room : )[/align][align=center]`Jason, sounds like you already have a super Monte,[/align][align=center]and I'm sure that there will be other good deals in your future.[/align][align=center]Good Luck from`Space[/align]

Quick Reply: help and opinions appreciated