Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

HELP!! 1978 Monte Carlo Stolen over long weekend in Calgary Alberta

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 10:29 PM
Default HELP!! 1978 Monte Carlo Stolen over long weekend in Calgary Alberta

Hey,

Over the long weekend (May19-22) while I was out of town working my house was broken into in the NW of Calgary and completely ransacked. They stole pretty much everything that had any value, but the thing that hurt the most is that they took my white 1978 Monte Carlo with T-tops that I had parked in the backyard. The interior is baby blue but has black seat covers. Along the top of the back window is a sticker that reads "Another sunshine car".

It's not worth a lot of money but its worth a lot to me. I've had it for 16 years and I don't want it to see its end abandoned down some dirt road or parted out in someones backyard.

If anyone has any information or has any tips that might help me find it please let me know.

You can contact me on here or at 1-780-233-2603

Thank you!

Old 05-28-2017, 09:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You got it bro...

What is it with people, out ripping off, ransacking homes and such. Hope karma gets them in a harder way than you were got. Like their leg gets amputated after getting infected from kicking in someones door, but only after suffering for a year trying to save it. So sorry you had to get hit. Seems like most of the times the people who ripped you, know you. Think man think, any dirt bags friends of your friends?

Keep spreading the word, you may get lucky.

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 05-28-2017 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:15 AM

Thanks Zippy02!

I agree haha. I'm not holding my breathe, but I have been checking out all the auto wreckers in the area. Maybe I'll get lucky!

Thanks again

Old 06-06-2017, 11:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
You got it bro...

What is it with people, out ripping off, ransacking homes and such. Hope karma gets them in a harder way than you were got. Like their leg gets amputated after getting infected from kicking in someones door, but only after suffering for a year trying to save it. So sorry you had to get hit. Seems like most of the times the people who ripped you, know you. Think man think, any dirt bags friends of your friends?

Keep spreading the word, you may get lucky.
Zippy you're right. My sons 4wheeler got stolen. The investigator said to stay calm and watch the people closest to us while they worked quietly on their end. In about 4days it was actually a family members​ step grandson living on our farm. It takes pure trash to steal from your own family, but it happens.