Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Heading to Memphis to visit Elvis!! Back Saturday (12/13)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 11:19 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Heading to Memphis to visit Elvis!! Back Saturday (12/13)

Just to let you guys know I'm going to be going with my parents and my brother along with his wife and2 girls out to Tennessee. We plan to stop in the Sevierville/Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area, go by Nashville to see the Ryman [sp?]Auditorium (Grand 'Ole Opry), and Memphis, TN to see Graceland in it's Christmas decroatiosn. On the way back, we'll be stopping at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC.

I plan to take my laptop (finally got one for college) along, and if we stop in a motel with free internet, I may hook up and come post. But if not, I should be back by Friday night (12/12) or Saturdya sometime (12/13).

Good luck and happy posting in my absense!!!!

Old 12-07-2008, 01:29 AM
Default RE: Heading to Memphis to visit Elvis!! Back Saturday (12/13)

If you end up going to the Gran Old Opry, just across the highway there is a Willie Nelson museum and a place called "Cooters" which is a Dukes of Hazzard museum. They are actually both stores up front with a back room full of exhibits, both free for the exhibits (or very very cheap), and both worth checking out IMHO. I was there a few years ago, and liked those two little museums much better than the Ryman. Then again I have a copy of the "Red Headed Stranger" LP displayed on my wall, and I grew up watching the Dukes Of Hazzard in the early 80s.

Have fun on your trip though.

-Riggs.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:50 AM

have fun duane d00d but u stand me up again and ima kick u so hard u wear ur *** as a hat

Old 12-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Have a great time Duane.
See if they'll let ya shoot out a tv at Graceland. Elvis style. lol.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

LadyT says that you have NO kahonies if youre that close to the Tail of the Dragon and dont drive it! You go south and west around the Smokies, thru Cherokee, and around to Townsend. The Dragon technically starts at Deals Gap, at the state line, but the Hellbender 128 runs past Fontana village and dam, where we stayed a week. TRUST US! This is the #1 rated sport bike and sport car road in the NATION. Just BE CAREFUL!
Stop at the Pit Stop for a map, at Fontana Village. GREAT driving. Watch your GPS go nuts! This is where this pic was taken:

Also this one:

Old 12-07-2008, 03:57 PM

have fun duane

Old 12-08-2008, 07:40 AM

Hi `Daune,
Wish you & Family a fun/safe trip.
You are a lucky man to be able to enjoy a trip with your parents.
Look forward to seeing some pictures, and reading about
your adventure.
EnJoy your `Journey,
Bums &`Space

Old 12-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: RocknSS04

Also this one:

CRIPES WAYNE! What the hell happened with this pic? [sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif]
I hope everyone was okay.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The driver walked away, once 2 people picked the car off the drivers arm. Sore, but no broken bones. The driver caught the gravel, lost it and rolled. This was in 2007. The Tail of the Dragon CAN be mean! More pics:

Notice how the "humps" are intact. That's what makes these cars 5 star safe in roll overs. These pics show why.

We had NO losses this year! 60 cars. A few tickets, but none of US in an accident. There WAS an accident while we were there, a 60 year old male, on a trike, hit the rocks. Died. We didn't see it, but the police, ambulance, and tow truck went by us heading the other direction. I know this is off track for us, and I apologize for this. But the road is GREAT to drive, if you like twisties, and have some Dramamine in your belly. And Cowboy is RIGHT THERE! BEAUTIFUL area, the Smoky Mountains!

Old 12-08-2008, 09:00 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i'm in the mini van with mom and dad , so i'm not so sure thats the vehicle to take tail of the dragon....

We're in Jackson, TN tongiht on our way out to Memphis still. We stopped in Nashville and spent last night in Pigeon Forge. We went by the Muscle Car Museum and I eneded up going for a helicopter ride in Sevierville, TN (WOO HOO!!!). I even got to ride with the pilot

Quick Reply: Heading to Memphis to visit Elvis!! Back Saturday (12/13)