Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Has This Happened To You?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 06:28 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Has This Happened To You?

Yesterday my girlfriend said she went to buy gas only to find out some area gas stations are now charging customers above and beyond if they buy gas with a credit card. This includes using a debit card to buy gas.

They have to be joking.

Don't they already rip us off bad enough with the price of gas?

Now they have to try this stunt?

[sm=chairshot.gif] [sm=icon_beat.gif]

Old 03-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Default RE: Has This Happened To You?

ABSOLUTELY NO OFFENCE MEANT...but I find that happens alot in more ruralized, country-type areas. Are you in a less metropolitan area?

My mom lives in Ocala, FL...that has happened to her there. I have another friend who lives in a rural part of Pennsylvania, same thing happened. They tried to do it here with just the gas prices, not necessarily w/ CC transactions, and the cops busted them for price gouging.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

thats illegal to do
you can not refuse any payment...but it does make sense for them because it does cost them money, 2% on credit cards, and then you make nothing on gas...the gas stations only get 2-3% profit on gas, its the government that gets everything...debit payment is only like 2 cents a transaction...so it shouldn't make a difference on debit card, but i can understand on credit card...

but as far as i know thats illegal to do

Old 03-30-2007, 07:16 PM

That has not happen to me yet. But if it does, I'll just go somewhere else. Or start using cash again.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

or just refuse to pay...take your car and leave...you dont have to pay that charge

Old 03-30-2007, 09:13 PM

[align=center]
[/align][align=center]ORIGINAL:RJ *Edited by `Space [8D]

Yesterday my girlfriend (Yes, I have a g/f ), []said she went to buy gas, only to find out some area gas stations are now charging customers above and beyond if they buy gas with a credit card. This includes using a debit card to buy gas. They are even charging me to use
[/align][align=center]my Penthouse, Playboy, Hustler MasterSuper Member Gold Card : ( [:@]WTF : )
[:@]They have to be joking. [:@]No RJ, they are just laughing all the way 2 the Bank : )
[:@]Don't they already rip us off bad enough with the price of gas?
[/align][align=center][&:]The cost of Supply & Demand[:@]
[:@]Now they have to try this stunt? [&:] RJ, it's all a Money Game & we are losing [X(][X(][X(][X(] : ( [:@]

[sm=chairshot.gif] [sm=icon_beat.gif]

[hr]
I'm going 2get another ride[/align][align=center]Gas was $2.74 today [X(][/align][align=center][:@]WTF [:@][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Click Image[/align][align=center]2 C[/align][align=center][:-](New Transporation.....SpaceWagon : ) [:-][/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/B62C958391444379812ADF6A4974A79D.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/68F6280B38E54159BE33F92EB5455D23.gif[/IMG]
I really am [X(]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/47CEC129331D4B7EAC2341986BEC9209.gif[/IMG] [/align][align=center]It's like beating a dead horse, that's already dead : ([/align][align=center]Wish U a `Happy,[/align][align=center]It could be worse : ( - Just watch the news : ([/align][align=center]Peace, `Space[/align]

Old 03-30-2007, 11:00 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Okay since they refer to Columbus as "A small midwestern town" then where I live (just south of Dayton) isn't even the pinpoint of a needle.So I guess I do live in a rural area? (hey it's not Smallville, Kansas ya know)

Supply and demand is a two sided street depending on which side of the street you live on.

We all know they're driving the price of gas back up cause warmer weather is coming. The same as they do every year. Only this year (so far) they haven't come up with some lame excuseas to why they are.
"Space needs a new pair of shoes. That's why gas is going up."

All it is is BS to screw us in the --s.

And them charging customers for credit card sales is another "Bend over" to the customer.

Old 04-01-2007, 01:00 AM

I havent seen this around here yet brother but I'm sure it's just a
matter of time

DINO

Old 04-01-2007, 11:42 PM

I've seen that at a bunch of rural gas stations, but in the reverse. The price is usually marked up abit and they give you that discount if you pay in cash.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:05 AM

you can go the other way with this too, alot of chains offer a discount if u use thier card. now not to sound like an advertizement but... im a block away from a bp station at home and work, so i got a bp-visa card, 5% back on gas and use it just like any visa.

Quick Reply: Has This Happened To You?