Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Handgun Owners/Experts

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Handgun Owners/Experts

I work with an armored car service. Currently they supply weapons (S&W .38s). Starting the first of the year they will no longer provide weapons and employees will have to buy their own.

I was looking for input from those of you that know your guns on what you would suggest. Talking with a few of the people here that own their own weapon I have a few thoughts but the more info the better.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I am currently thinking Semi-Auto, either 40 or 45 cal. Kind of stuck on either a Kahr or Sig Sauer at this moment but wanting more info from the avid collectors, and "gun nuts"

Thanks for the input

Old 09-23-2009, 10:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I use a slingshot

Old 09-23-2009, 10:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Compound Bow is where it's at.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Honestly, i dont have any handguns. But that doesnt mean i have never used any either ( read between the lines ). So i cant be any help. Sorry.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:36 AM

the sig sauer is not as durable as a Glock or an H&K USP, but they are more accurate...if your going to spend the money, you should buy something with tried and true durability, you don't want to take this weapon to the range a few times and the frame break on you...that would definitely be a no-go... also, there really aren't many military units who use this weapon, i know of a few special SAS units, and some navy seal units, but that's about it...

have you put any thought into the HK? or even the
Beretta (which beat out the sig P226 as the official US sidearm)

Old 09-23-2009, 10:49 AM

springfield xd9 ftw

Old 09-23-2009, 11:03 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Funny thing is I was sort of worried about the durability of the Glock... Pretty much though that Sig would be pretty dependable. I'm more concerned with the weapon breaking while on duty then at the range! (but I hear what your saying.) Glock, Beretta and Kimber are actually the names I'm hearing here at work.

I had looked at a catalog that had HK in it but they seemed a little high, don't mind paying a little more for the quality though. Even saw a Springfield in the catalog but I'm pretty inexperienced as far as weapons so I thought I'd look for someone on the web that had better knowledge then I. Not too tough to be honest! Once again thanks for the input!

Old 09-23-2009, 11:10 AM

Glock firearms are proven to withstand and function under neglect of maintenance and under extreme duress. This includes the failure of operators to conduct basic cleaning and lubrication...

When it comes down to saving my life or the lives of fellow officers and civilians, Glocks have proven to be effective, efficient and trustworthy beyond comparison to the competition...

Old 09-23-2009, 11:38 AM

here is a little weapon ****!

this is what i want!

this is what i currently have, and i love it dearly! i want to switch the buttstock to a magpul (little more comfort).

Old 09-23-2009, 11:41 AM

and i also want to change the sight to a eotech 557...

Quick Reply: Handgun Owners/Experts