Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

HALLOWEEN...what to do...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default HALLOWEEN...what to do...

Last year this is what i had done

I had creepy earie music playing from my subs most the night... had a small charger on the bat so it wouldn't die had red tape over the headlights also i had Dual illumilight 6x9's in the back and hooked up the lights with the sound which reflected off the back window and looked like eyes...

an axe in the spair grill i had that was stepped on so it worked great... fog machine inside and would come out the trunk and the inside(in pics) a trap in there to look like a dead person

random skulls n stuff... a strobe light with a guy hangin from the tree in the yard

also we had an rv i have a radio active sign in and a orange bliking light

These are the only pics i have....

This was my costume last year

This year i truely have no idea what to do
we no longer have the rv... i lost my system in my truck fire last december... the monte is no long running so i cant drive it over there and use that... i don't have a trailer or a truck so i cant tow it... well might be able too but idk.... it sucks

so what are you guys doing for halloween this year??

Old 09-28-2009, 08:37 PM

I will be out with my nephews making sure they are safe.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:11 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

I want a frickin delivery van to roll around in with free candy wrote on the side. Im to cheap to buy one though. lol

Old 09-29-2009, 04:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's awesome Budsjlm! I had never really considered decorating my car and using it as a prop for Halloween. That looks crazy and must have looked even crazier at night! Very creative. I don't think it will work for my Monte, but I will definitely steal this idea in the future.

My little one is still too young to really get Halloween. I'm trying to not scare her too much, but I still like to get into the spirit of things. She'll be 1 year old 5 days after Halloween (on Guy Fawkes Day). We (wife, baby and I) have a matching Star Wars theme for costumes that I'm sure I'll post later.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Cool pics from last year!

Old 09-29-2009, 12:41 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Cool Halloween pics. The Monte looks sinister.

Maybe this year you should do a Phantom Racer (check out the thread on the SyFy movie) type thing with the Monte?

For years I dressed my (windowed) Delvery up as a hearse. Complete with fake coffin inside the back and Fred (the skeleton) in the coffin. I had curtains in the windows, rats on the coffin, black orchids on the coffin lid, the inside of the coffin was lined with halloween material from Jo-Ann Fabrics, and some other things.

My dad and my cat Smeekers destroyed the coffin. First my dad set heavy things in it. Second Smeekers decided he wanted to sleep on top of it. It was a disgarded refrigerator box I cut to look like coffin and painted black. It didn't hold up well under the abuse.

So. I threw the coffin out. Now Fred and all the stuff I collected to dresss the Delivery up are in a box in the basement.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

hahahahaha, rj, we did the same thing with our 57 wagon a few times, lol. coffin out the back, in the front yard, had a couple of spotlight things inside with red bulbs & a fog macheine inside, so it had a red glow coming outta it... no pics, though.... heck, might do that again this year also had a few dummies in old cloths haning from some trees one year

a friend has an old clawfoot tub with a showercurtin around it, he puts a plywood cutout of a girl in it, with a hand coming in with a nife, and backlights the sillowets on is yard... you know, the infamus scene from psyco

our other neighbor used to have an old poker table he would set up with dracula, frankinstine's monster, the wolfman, and, like al gore i think playing poker had chips & everything

brock, i know someone with a beat into the ground white van for sale, lol. $100, lol.

Last edited by skylark65; 09-29-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:16 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Ryan,

I got so good at dressing the (windowed) Delivery up as a hearse I could have it converted in a little over an hour. It usually got a few looks at car shows and cruise-ins from spectators.

Just kind of sad I can't do it anymore thanks to my father and the cat. But I hope to find another refrigerator box some time and build another coffin. Or, make one out of wood so it's more durable.
(maybe I should let my dad pay for the wood?)

I do know a local guy owns a real hearse he bought and he too made a coffin for the back. He only drives it in the fall. And I suspect he will think I'm coping him if I do this again and show it? Too bad for him cause I've got pics from 14 years ago I can prove I did this before.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

rj pick up some old pallets thos would probably work pritty good for the wood to build one

Old 09-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

so what are the chances someone could find a coffin on fleabay???

Quick Reply: HALLOWEEN...what to do...