Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Guy Cars vs. Gal's Cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Snyderman
Guys and gals can have the same car, but describe it differently.

Guys: I drive a killer 2006 Monte Carlo SS. You know its got that 5.3 and the butter soft leather. Whooty whoot!!

Gals: I drive a blue car. Im team Edward!
lmao. That's funny, man. True for most of the women I know. Not all. But most.

Originally Posted by rj
I feel this is true in a broader spectrum.

(Case in point) The general public. Anything over 5 years old is old, and slow, and needs to put out of it's misery.

I think the majority of guys see an old or older car as one with possibilities. Or one they owned one when younger. So it holds a special place in their lives.

Woman (and this is a broad statement) gererally do not care. As long as it get's them from point A to B they're happy. Sure there are excteptions to the rule. And this can be true with guys as well. There are some guys who feel a car is aluminum, rubber, and plastic and that's all.

You could say a lot or most of us on here feel our car (spelled: Monte Carlo) is an extention of ourselves. Maybe even our soul. We connect with the car. We know it's likes and dislikes. What makes it run better.
I think part of the reason a 5 year old car is considered "old" now, is because of the auto companies pressuring everyone to buy a new vehicle. Even Henry Ford did that 100 years ago. He tried to convince people that cars were disposable. And told people not to bother fixing your broken car, just buy a new one. 100 years later, and auto companies are still trying this. In various ways.

The H3 Hummer, I think, was doomed from the start. GM tried to take a Hummer that women hated because of how big, bulky, and ugly (not cute) they thought it was. And environmentalists hated because of how gas hungry the H1 and H2 were. So GM created a "mini" Hummer. The H3. In a losing effort to win over the females and environmentalists.

Some people seem to forget that the Hummer was intended to be strictly a military vehicle. The AM General Humvee. Designed to share terrain and wheel tracks with tanks. Hence the reason for it's wide wheel base. It was never meant to be a daily grocery getter, driving down the sidestreets of suburbia by soccer-moms.

Men liked the Hummer because it was everything a lot of men like. A big, powerful, military vehicle that screams "GET THE F*** OUTTA MY WAY!!!"

Old 07-07-2010, 07:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Hehe I'm glad I made this thread bcuz this is a fun thread for me to read bcuz I'm reading y'alls opinions about girls+cars & I'm like "not meeee" but i agree that a ton of girls just want a car that gets them from point A to B unfortunately but there are a lot of guys like that too. Me, I'm hella protective of my baby. Two of the worse months of my entire life were when she was down in Pensacola in a garage bcuz we hadn't gotten a chances to go tow her back yet; I don't think I could ever do that again. It was almost as if I had lost a piece of myself, cheesy i know but it's the truth lol

&& most of the people that I've seen driving Solstices are guys. A while ago I saw a freakin sweet modded Solstice & a guy was driving it. That was a fun drive down the interstate in developing traffic

Old 07-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
...I agree that a ton of girls just want a car that gets them from point A to B unfortunately but there are a lot of guys like that too.

Usually those guys drive a Prius. :p

Old 07-07-2010, 07:16 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Usually those guys drive a Prius. :p
I cant stand them....

Example- Miley cyrus.I know she idiotic, but she did a common girl thing. Her mom gave her a porsche for her 16th birthday. What did she do with it. Traded it for a prius that can haul her and her friends and tiny dogs in it too. Most girls arent used to power, or want it. But the minute you say they cant, they get stubborn and say your sexist haha.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

I think the Miley Cyrus thing was more of a hollywood image thing. Probably wants to give off the image that she cares about the environment and stuff. It's all about target audience, going along with the latest trends, getting movie rolls, and all that hollywood politics crap.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Default male and female cars

....I think some cars are geared for different sexes and it's just a marketing strategy that car makers have used for years.
Look at the current VW Beatle. Some of them come with a daisey on the dash board. Certain Miatas, I think are geared toward girls.
But then look at the Dodge Challenger and new Camaro ( although the lady that owned my MC 1st now has a Camaro ). Those two are geared for the guys mainly but I've seen girls driving these cars as well. It comes down to whoever wants car "A".....they get it and whoever wants car "B".... they get it.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

wow amazed at the stereotyping...eh I'll play devil's advocate and throw in some pics:

Oh yeah...all owned/driven/builtfemale cars...

Joe

Old 07-07-2010, 09:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I wonder where the Gremlin stands? LOL

Old 07-07-2010, 10:00 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by The Popcorn King
I wonder where the Gremlin stands? LOL
A wrinkly old man drives one!

Attached Thumbnails Guy Cars vs. Gal's Cars-picture-5.jpg  
Old 07-07-2010, 10:42 PM

neon, sunfire, cavalier, AH HEM NO ONE MENTIONED MIATA'S LOL, cobalt (unless its an ss then its just too fast to be a girly car), G5, escape, focus, FWD cougar, fit, yaris hatchback, rabbit, beetle, cabrio, sentra, altima, mazda anything but rx7, corolla, mustang V6, sante fe, sidekick, any jeep but the iconic wrangler style or cherokees. and the list can grow easily.

thats just a couple i could think of for girls that are girly about cars.
not all chicks are as power hungry as you Brittany

i won't start all over for man cars/trucks but basically anything not like the above mentioned vehicles. lol

Quick Reply: Guy Cars vs. Gal's Cars