Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Gta v

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Gta v

I'm curious how many people here are grand theft auto fans and who is planning to get GTA V when it comes out next Tuesday. I just preordered it the other day, and with a preorder you get access to a blimp in the game.

I have all the major GTA titles to date besides the real old ones. Vice city, GTA III, San Andreas and GTA IV

Old 09-10-2013, 11:48 AM

Hi `Keane,
You are a lucky man...I'm going to have to get a `job at your store as a bag boy to be able to afford all these new toys that you get. WoW...

Please let me (us) know how you are doing `it ? Do you have stock in the GTA `v ? It sure was expensive to create/make 4-$ure

'Grand Theft Auto V' Cost More To Make Than Nearly Every Hollywood Blockbuster Ever Made

KIRSTEN ACUNA SEP. 9, 2013, 11:46 AM 29,552 16

Other than movies, one of this fall's most anticipated releases is the long-awaited next video game in the "Grand Theft Auto" franchise.
GTA V comes to stores September 17, and when it does it won't only be one of the most expensive games ever made, but also one of the costliest pieces of entertainment to have hit shelves.
At $266 million, the fifth installment of the Rockstar game will have surpassed the estimated production budget (without marketing) for every Hollywood blockbuster adjusted for inflation except "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" which cost an estimated $300 million.
According to a report in Scotland-based paper The Scotsman, the game's development and marketing budget cost £170 million (equivalent to $266 million).
How does this compare to the cost to make other video games?
Here are three of the priciest games to date:
Red Dead Redemption (also a Rockstar game): $80-$100 million
Disney Infinity: $100 million+
"Grand Theft Auto IV": $100 million
The only game who that would come close to matching the price of GTA V would be "Star Wars: The Old Republic" which was rumored to cost $200 million after the game was in production for six years. Cinemablend believes the price was slightly lower due to LucasArts licensing fees.
It should come as no surprise GTA V comes at a high cost. Last year, the video game industry was worth an estimated $67 billion, according to Forbes. (Note this figure includes not only console and PC games but also games for mobile devices.)
In four more years, the industry should be valued at $82 billion, according to a report from the Worldwide Market Forecasts for the Video Game and Interactive Entertainment Industry.
Last year, the box office took in $10.8 billion in ticket sales.
Rockstar estimates the game will make $1 billion before the year's end.
It wouldn't be an absurd figure for the game to earn. Not only is the "Grand Theft Auto" franchise well recognized, but other titles have made that kind of cash.
The previous two "Call of Duty" (CoD) releases both earned more than $1 billion — and fast.
Last year, "Call of Duty: Black Ops II" grossed $1 billion after just 15 days in release.
Prior to that, Activision's previous release, "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare" crossed the $1 billion mark in 16 days.
To compare that to the film industry, it took "Avatar" 17 days to earn $1 billion worldwide.
SEE ALSO: The official trailer for GTA V

Read more: GTA V Cost More Than Nearly Every Hollywood Blockbuster - Business Insider

Old 09-10-2013, 11:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I received an amazon gift card on my birthday, and preordered this game with that gift card haha

Old 09-10-2013, 12:27 PM

I've had this pre-ordered since November, I can't wait until this comes out. I've been a major GTA fan since GTA III

Old 09-10-2013, 12:41 PM

As soon as i can get my hands on a game system that can handle it I'm going to buy it

Old 09-10-2013, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member

Space, no don't work in my store... its not a good place to work lol. I had $25 in best buy rewards certificates I used to preorder the game, so that helped lower the cost.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Space, no don't work in my store... its not a good place to work lol. I had $25 in best buy rewards certificates I used to preorder the game, so that helped lower the cost.

Hi `Keane and thanks for your reply
" Any place to work is so much better then no place to work 4-Sure"
I'm just amazed that you can find the time to play any games with your busy & hectic schedule 4-REAL + taking care & maintaining 3 vehicles, + helping your family + school + work + + + +

I thought I was good @ mastering my time & mastering my `life, but I'm still working on extracting more from each day that I've been given (I need days to `be 48hrs vs the 24 hrs ) LOL

I look forward to having the time to play games & I think it's a good escape from all the bad that's happening in our World.

EnJoy your new game & please post a review when you get it and have a chance to play it & EnJoy

Old 09-10-2013, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member

I actually don't play video games much anymore, but I still do want to play gta v, so i'm sure i'll find some time. I'll be away when it comes to my house anyway. On another note, my store is struggling to get people to come work, no one wants to come work for 25 hours a week at 7.25. People probably make more on unemployment

Old 09-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

lol you know i preordered it keane f

irst game i ever felt was worth preordering. i've got every GTA game made, love the series and can't wait for it to come out (in exactly one week!). i probibly won't be around the forum much for a few days after i pick up my copy

Old 09-10-2013, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by skylark65
lol you know i preordered it keane f

irst game i ever felt was worth preordering. i've got every GTA game made, love the series and can't wait for it to come out (in exactly one week!). i probibly won't be around the forum much for a few days after i pick up my copy

Hi `Ryan, if we don't see you on the MCF for a few days we will send out the MCF Truant Officer to get you for skip'in the MCF. You will be considered a run-a-way & I'll post your picture on all beer cans sold in the USA.

Or, I'll fly `up to Buzz Kill Mountain & find you & confiscate your new game & put it into our MCF Lounge for all to play & enjoy.

Keep us updated & I hope that you &`Keane can compete & see whose the best on the game. EnJoy LOL

Quick Reply: Gta v