Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

GT-R vs M3 + Z06

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default GT-R vs M3 + Z06

[align=center]Member's, for the $'s, which one would you choose above ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click on Read Article to check road test on two[/align][align=center]super automotive machines.[/align][align=center][:-]

[/align][align=center]$75.5K Base Price

This GT-R story is about performance numbers, so we won’t dillydally: 60 mph is barbecued in 3.3 seconds, the quarter-mile in 11.5 seconds at 124 mph. Braking from 70 mph takes 145 feet, and skidpad runs are 0.99 g.
WoW ~ Wee "2 dare 2 dream"

[:-]click on below
Road Test: 2009 Nissan GT-R

Heavy, complex and expensive, but the new GT-R is a spectacular sports car. Read Article

$65K est

[:-]Click 2 See [:-]
Expert Review: 2008 BMW M3

BMW's latest M3 boasts 414 horsepower with performance that puts many true sports cars to shame. Read Article[/align][align=center]Members, please post which one is your favorite one : )[/align][align=center]and tell us why....`ok[/align][align=center]Thanks, from Space[/align][align=center]"Dreams R still `Free"[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 05-09-2008, 09:36 AM
Default RE: Road Test: GT-R & M3 : )

Nissan SEVERELY underrated horsepower on the new GT-R. It is definitely a bang for your buck and you get the most money/hp. That's why I want it...Also, three letters: DSG. If only the Corvette ZR-1 had a DSG...

Old 05-09-2008, 10:20 AM

[align=center]I'm really not crazy about the exteriordesign, but it's what's under the hood/body that counts. It has to be a super blast to drive : )[/align][align=center]To bad the New ZR-1 is way more expensive : ([/align][align=center]But `if your rich, what's another 40K-60K thousand dollars : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
Credit: © Nissan North America
Unconfirmed reports say GT-Rs are producing 480 horsepower at the wheels, which means the twin-turbo 3.8-liter V6 is churning out well over 500 horsepower.
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
It's amaz'in what Nissan Engineer's created with only
[align=center][/align]
3.8 liters, the same liter as the V-6 GM Engine.
I was impressed with Buick's Grand Nationals
[align=center][/align]
power with a 3.8L with monster Turbo,
[align=center][/align]
but this GT-R is going to be a Super Street/Track Monster.
[align=center][/align]
4-Sure
[align=center][/align]
I don't think I'll ever have the funds to possess this
[align=center][/align]
type of vehicle, but maybe one of my affluent `friends
[align=center][/align]
will get one in their future : )
[align=center][/align]
I really enjoy reading/seeing all the auto's that are
[align=center][/align]
super cars...It gives me incentives to keep
[align=center][/align]
studying & getting my `degree : )
Kudo's to Nissan for their Dream Machine.
[:-]Looks like a Space-Pilot-Control-Center[:-]
[align=center][/align]

Upshifts with the leather-fringed paddles are rifle-round quick but free of shock. Nissan has sweated its first dual-clutch six-speed, and it shows in the lurch-free clutching.Yes Ryan, it would be awesome. Dreams R still `Free",but the government is trying to find a way to tax them : ) lol
[/align]

Old 05-09-2008, 12:00 PM

I'd give my leftnut for the skyline.I'm happy Nissan finally brought the beast stateside.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: BillFromTR

I'd give my leftnut for the skyline.I'm happy Nissan finally brought the beast stateside.
Hi `Bill,
Nissan said they want both of 'em []`ouch, and
they said you have to change your name to Billy `Jean : )
LOL ~ LOL
New Member's Name Billy`JeanFromTR : )
I understand you figure of `speak, but I don't think I want
one that bad : )
Auto Machines like the GT-R does give you a reason to
sacrifice to own a dream Machine 4-Sure.
Bill, Thanks for your input/contributions on the MCF

Old 05-11-2008, 08:05 AM

[align=center]Below Test from MotorWeek,[/align][align=center]Road Test on MotorWeek TV this week[/align][align=center](Check your local TV Listing: )[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align]2009 Nissan GT-R
Program #2736

When Nissan starting touting the merits of its new GT-R sports car, it sounded too good to be true. Super performance, mind bending technology, and priced more like a Corvette than a Ferrari. Numerous chances to see, learn, and touch the GT-R all built its case. Now with our expectations sky high, we've finally had a chance to spend real seat time in the GT-R. So let's see if it's worth the price of admission, or more.
The 2009 Nissan GT-R may be one of the biggest super car stories of the decade, but unlike many show stopping sports cars, this one actually lives up to its promotional hype. That's because the GT-R is no newcomer to the high-performance ranks, but one with a pedigree built on that of the legendary Skyline GT-R.
First introduced in 1989, the Skyline GT-R established a fearsome reputation due to big turbo horsepower and all-wheel-drive traction. Its unobtainable position as a Japanese market-only model just added to its allure.
Finally available on our side of the Pacific, its replacement, dubbed simply GT-R, takes on the world's best sports cars in both visual drama and full-tilt driving performance. [align=center][/align][align=center]The strikingly aggressive, if not aesthetically pleasing, body not only carries strong elements of the Skyline GT-R, but also displays hints of more familiar Nissan sporty endeavors like the 350Z and Infiniti G37. [/align]Its front-engine PM, or Prime Midship, chassis includes a light and strong carbon-injected structure at the front, and composite aero panels on the underside.
It's powered by an all-new GT-R exclusive 3.8-liter twin-turbo V6 rated at 480 horsepower and 430 pound-feet of torque. Yet for all its power, the turbo-six meets ultra-low-emission standards.
The engine's ponies hit the ground through a 6-speed sequential dual-clutch transmission with paddle shifters, shift speed adjustment, and a full automatic mode - and the auto industry's first independent rear transaxle all-wheel drive system that locates the transmission, transfer case, and final drive at the rear of the vehicle for optimum balance.
Its torque split automatically varies from 50/50, to 100-percent rear drive depending on speed, steering angle, tire slip and yaw rates.
A super lightweight double wishbone front and rear multi-link suspension with adjustable Bilstein Damptronic shocks, monstrous vented Brembo disc brakes, and GT-R-only 20-inch wheels wearing either nitrogen-filled summer run-flats, or optional all-season tires, complete the hardware.
With launch control engaged, the GT-R is capable of a 0-60 time of 3.5 seconds and a top speed of 193 miles-per-hour. Testing at Germany's famed Nurburgring race track has delivered true super car lap times that rival those of Germany's best.
Our fast laps came on the Reno-Fernley Raceway in Reno, Nevada. Punch the pedal and the GT-R surges off the line, with a huge power hit at 3,200 rpm.
But it's the GT-R's handling that's most impressive. Driver-adjustable suspension modes range from tight to super-tight, and when combined with the all-wheel-drive system's huge traction, help glue the GT-R to the track surface like few cars we've ever driven.
A touch of under steer on turn-in gives way to near perfect balance as you roll on the throttle at mid-corner. Never before has a 3,800 pound car felt like such a feather weight.
[b]After that wild ride, our short street drive felt like a walk in the park. But it did show that even i

Old 05-11-2008, 08:10 AM

Fast Cars MCF Member's Bonus Video below

Program #2732
2008 Maserati GranTurismo
[:-]
Flash Video

Old 05-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Default RE: Road Test: GT-R vs M3 vs Z06

[align=center]
Nissan GT-R vs. Corvette Z06
By KRISTIAN ALEXIS[/align]

[:-]

In the same way that The Beatles needed The Stones, 50 Cent needed Kanye and Larry Bird needed Magic, a healthy competition between powerhouses of an equal echelon can increase ratings, fan statistics and sales on both sides of the fence, while motivating each to bring their A-game. With so much capital potential presented, it's no wonder why the benefits of a friendly rivalry have filtered into the JDM and Domestic supercar classes, none with more hype than Nissan's Godzilla GT-R and GM's giant Chevy Corvette Z06.

The Nissan GT-R's anticipatory buzz is at a record high with its slated release steadily approaching. The Chevy Corvette, with its popular styling and bold performance, has been core to the American car canvass for 55 years and only continues this well-worn tradition in '08 with the advanced Z06. Whether your allegiance is sworn to hot imports or stateside rides, surely you can appreciate the wrench time put into both efforts.

The score at the end of six categories is all that separates these powerhouses in this car vs. car between the [URL=http://autos.aol.com/cars-Nissan-GT_R-2009/overview]
2009 Nissan GT-R and the 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06.

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][center]Nissan GT-R
MSRP (base): $69,850
Engine: 3.8-liter, 32-valve, V38, V6
Horsepower: 480 hp @ 6,400 rpm
Torque: 434 lb-ft @ 5,200 rpm
MPG: City: 15; Highway: 21

Performance - 19/20
[b]The Nissan GT-R is arranged atop a broadened aluminum deck, attributing much of its cornering capability to its 109.4 inch girth. Suspension guru, Bilstein, provides the five-link, independent configuration known as DampTronic, aided by an ECU governed stability control. Solely offered in AWD trim, the GT-R ride is as smooth as glass, utilizing the ATTESA ET-S (Advanced Total Traction Engineering System for All-Electronic Torque Split). The run-flat RE070A rubber was made possible by Bridgestone and the award-winning stopping package is a product of Brembo's innovation.

Cited as being one of the most unconventional engine displays, the twin-turbine with an intercooler, 3.8-liter, 32-valve, V38, V6 block with plasma sealing may very well induce shallow breathing and rubbery knees. The 'tween- sized aluminum motor allows for 480 horsepower at 6,400 rpm, with 434 lb-ft of torque from a well-spread 3,200 rpm to 5,200 rpm. With the hammer down the GT-R owns the drag strip, with a 0-60 mph time of 3.5 seconds, an 11.7 second quarter mile and a max speed of 193 mph. The beastly coupe is harnessed by a Borg Warner, six-plate, dual-clutch, seven-speed automatic gearbox and its correlating magnesium paddle shifters that make the transmission on the Nissan GT-R unlike any you've ever experienced before.

Exterior - 17/20
The design appeal of the modern Nissan GT-R lies in its pressingly aggressive stature and needle-sharp detailing. Initially designated as a concept rendition at the Tokyo Auto Show (in 2006), much of that sketch has found its way onto the final assembly lines. Die-cast aluminum composite is found from the returning crimson GT-R badge to the hood, doors, rear deck spoiler, and trunk lid , while much of the bumpers are crafted with polypropylene plastic to grate the excess weig

Old 05-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Default RE: Road Test: GT-R vs M3 vs Z06

I'd still take the GT-R. Just personal opinion here, but if you seen one vette you've seen 'em all. Nothing else out there looks like the Skyline. Besides AWD>RWD

Old 05-11-2008, 09:52 PM

ORIGINAL: BillFromTR

Only the leftnut? Hell i would give both nuts to own the GT-R

I saw it when it was the chicago Auto show this past winter and it just looks amazing like nothing i have seen before.

Quick Reply: GT-R vs M3 + Z06