Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

grrrrrrrrr

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Default grrrrrrrrr

last night there were like 3 teenage girls TP the trees in my front yard and egg and throw biscuit mix on my monte carlo and yeah I know it's the one I showed you guys that is wrecked but still.... makes me mad! other than that everything is goin good I guess. since I can't drive my monte I had to buy a this really sad looking '83 mazda rx-7 for $400.... yeah but I was desperate and poor. I'm giving the monte back to my parents and let them trade for a work truck for my dad..... blah this really sucks but I can't afford the damage to the car. I got estimates and it came out to around 7 thousand dollars:/ that's why...I was thinkin of just buying an 04 monte with the rear end wrecked or the engine blown for cheap but yeah I dunno. anyways hope all is well with everyone.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:52 PM
Default RE: grrrrrrrrr

Sorry to hear that you are troubled, kimberlee. I will send good energy and white light your way!!

Next time, have a high-powered paintball gun ready for the TP punks!!!!!!! That'll teach 'em!

Old 12-14-2006, 08:39 AM

Isn't your friend going to be paying for the damages done to your car??!!!! I'm sure there is some legal action you could take. A real friend wouldn't put you in a spot where you would need to get a lawyer, they would take care of business and own up to their mistakes. You don't need friends that don't.

On the bright side of life, a $400 Mazda sounds like a fun car to go tearing up in.

Best of luck to you in the future.

Old 12-14-2006, 10:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

Isn't your friend going to be paying for the damages done to your car??!!!! I'm sure there is some legal action you could take. A real friend wouldn't put you in a spot where you would need to get a lawyer, they would take care of business and own up to their mistakes. You don't need friends that don't.
i think when it comes to money and especially a lot of money u discover how real your friends are, and unfortunately since she willingly game him her keys then i dont think that anything will happen out of this, it sucks, but thats how the damn legal system works now adays ****Grrrr!!!****

i would check into how much it would cost to fix the car yourself, bolt on all the parts yourself then have them painted after, it will be way cheaper, just the straightening will still probably be pretty expensive as thats not something you can do yourself

Old 12-14-2006, 03:01 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

i think when it comes to money and especially a lot of money u discover how real your friends are, and unfortunately since she willingly game him her keys then i dont think that anything will happen out of this, it sucks, but thats how the damn legal system works now adays ****Grrrr!!!****

i would check into how much it would cost to fix the car yourself, bolt on all the parts yourself then have them painted after, it will be way cheaper, just the straightening will still probably be pretty expensive as thats not something you can do yourself

She did willingly give the keys away, but the driver is still ultimately responsible. There might be laws in other states regarding this though. In WI it doesn't matter, whoever the driver is is responsible for what happens in the car and what happens to the car.

Old 12-15-2006, 01:22 AM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

She did willingly give the keys away, but the driver is still ultimately responsible. There might be laws in other states regarding this though. In WI it doesn't matter, whoever the driver is is responsible for what happens in the car and what happens to the car.
Exactly. If it wasn't the case, then I could borrow my friends Jaguar, jump it off a cliff and then be like...whoops, sorry dude. Well...you willingly GAVE me the keys so....have fun covering that one...Deuces!

Old 12-15-2006, 10:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i dont know, i've ran into this before, and that was the result, the guy that wrecked the car wasn't insured to drive that car, so the car owners insurance would have had to cover it, but they said sorry, you gave him the key.

would have been different if they were stolen.