Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Green Cars + Cobalt SS + Rental Car Buy ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 01:27 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Green Cars + Cobalt SS + Rental Car Buy ?

[align=center]

Newsletter for April 10, 2008
[:-]

Greenest Cars of 2008
These 12 cars have the least environmental impact, according to the Green Book, published by the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy.

Read Article

Photo Gallery

This Week on MSN Autos

First Drive: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS[/align][align=center]

Packing 260 turbocharged horses, the Cobalt SS delivers power, handling and fun in a sweet package. Read Article

Should You Buy a Rental Car?
A former rental car might be a bargain for a savvy shopper who exercises due diligence. Read Article[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][sm=feedback.gif][/align][align=center]Member's do you like these type of post on the MCF ?[/align][align=center]Post your opinions.[/align]

Old 04-10-2008, 04:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: Green Cars + Cobalt SS + Rental Car Buy ?

And if you think buying a rented ride means settling for a run-of-the-mill Ford Focus, Chevrolet Impala or Chrysler Sebring, think again. Some rental car companies offer a wide spectrum of vehicles, many of which go on sale after fleet use. In Los Angeles, for example, Hertz offers renters everything from the Nissan 350Z and Ford Mustang convertibles to the Toyota Prius and Chevrolet Corvette, in addition to the Audi A4, Volvo S80, Infiniti M35and Chevrolet Monte Carlo's.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:41 PM

My Monte was a rental, we found that out not long after purchase. The salesman said that he wasn't sure where it was from but thought that it might have been a demo car for some executive.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:53 PM

ORIGINAL: God_Bot

My Monte was a rental, we found that out not long after purchase. The salesman said that he wasn't sure where it was from but thought that it might have been a demo car for some executive.
Next time Carfax right?

Old 04-10-2008, 05:04 PM

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

ORIGINAL: God_Bot

Next time Carfax right?
Yep, although next time I'll be the one buying the vehicle. Although, this Monte seemed to be well cared for other than a few dings when we got it.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:24 PM

Mine was a rental.

The service manager gave me a full service printout from the first day it was sold.

The only major service noted was radiator and coolant replacement from a TSB of some sort.

I am overall happy even though I don't like that the repainted trunk wasn't disclosed.

It looked like they painted over those yellow dots from railroad damage from another TSB.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:50 AM

My '05 Classic was a rental. It had 39,000 on it when I bought it. I don't know what company had the car first, but it was never smoked in. (You can ALWAYS tell when a car was smoked in) and it was well taken care of. I had my dad run a VIS on it and it never had any work done to it and no TSB's or recalls on it. (I double checked that) I like it...good gas mileage, roomy, and the wife likes it. If she's happy, I'm happy.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:01 PM

[align=center][/align][align=center]The above had a great review on the SS[/align][align=center]and I hope that a Chevy Dealer will let me test drive one[/align][align=center]when they come `in : ) I think they are going to [/align][align=center]offer a lot of bang for the $,and decent MPG : )[/align][align=center][sm=gears.gif]

The SS, developed by GM’s Performance Division (GMPD), is the top of the
Cobalt food chain. One of the more attractive shapes in the sport compact segment, the SS version of the Cobalt is offered only as a two-door coupe for 2008. The General plans to add a four-door variant in ’09, which should broaden the car’s appeal.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Member's what do you think of the Turbo SS Cobalt ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][sm=feedback.gif][/align][align=center]Will it be faster then your Monte Carlo ?[/align][align=center]Will it get better MPG's ?[/align][align=center]Would you consider trading your Monte ? [][/align][align=center][:-][&o][:-][/align][align=center]Post you answers, thoughts/comments/opinions[/align][align=center][:-][/align]

Old 04-11-2008, 12:31 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Same here. I was told my '06 was a lease vehicle for someone at GM.

Yep, although next time I'll be the one buying the vehicle. Although, this Monte seemed to be well cared for other than a few dings when we got it.

Once again same here. The car seemed well cared for. And no dings.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:33 PM

Hi `R.J., and Member's,
My 06 Monte LT3 was also a GM Lease Vehicle.
It was owned by a Manager @ the Chevy Dealership. I taught his kid how
to `Surf, and I traded my 05 LT, plus $1k Difference for it.
It was in super condition, and not a mark on `it.
When I was offered $18K for `it, I had to let it `go [X(],to pay for college/etc.
I sure miss `it, but I made a really decent profit, that I invested into
my g/f's Miata.
I think if you buy a rental/lease car & do your homework that you can
save a lot of money for a almost new car.
I would prefer lease back buys over dailey rentals.
I thought the posted article was a good one.
[:-][X(]`gone, but sure not 4-gotten [X(][8D]

Quick Reply: Green Cars + Cobalt SS + Rental Car Buy ?