Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Great news ! :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 07:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member
Default Great news ! :)

Just got a call from my son in Fargo.N.D. That their all coming down for the weekend . 3 boys & a sweet little girl. All under 8 yrs old. . Man I've got to check the fridge. See how many beers I have to make it thru the weekend. Come on now. 4 kids under 8 ? Got to check and see how my supplies are. Lets see. candy, cookie's, chip, pop. And thats for their parents. Them two are junk food junkie's. And they weight in at about 100 lbs for her and about 180 for him. I couldn't eat that and stay in shape. But with 4 kids I think they get a work out. The grand kids don't get to eat that junk. . They get apple's banana's & milk. No junk I like that. Better get a lot of sleep before they get here. My one grand son is a car NUT. He loves HOT RODS. He's got a book with say 55 pages and he can tell you every cars name in the book and yr! he's amazing at that. But doesn't like when grandpa's Chevelle is loud. AT ALL. But he loves th monte cause its quiet. And my grand daughter isn't sure about her grandpa just yet. She just watchs me with the boys. She's very shy. Not for long if I have my way. the boys use to be that way too. Not any morelol. Made a tear come to my eye last yr when they left. The oldest Aron. Started too cry when they were just down the rd a bit. His mom asked whats wrong Aron. he said I'm miss grandpa Rick already. Made me feel bad. But good in another way . Ok off for my nap before work tonight. Busy day tomorrow. Wash the Monte and get the downstairs all set up for them. Ok C ya. Time for somezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's

Old 08-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sounds like a Fun time with the grandkids..

Old 08-29-2012, 08:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Sounds like great news! They're pretty lucky to have a grandpa with two sweet red rides

Old 08-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Great Rick! Always great to see grandkids

Old 08-29-2012, 08:15 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Sounds like nieces.... all the fun, none of the responsibility. My nieces like going for short rides in their grandpas 18 wheeler. Every now and then, they want to ride in one of my cars.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:35 PM

Wow! Have lots of fun!!

Old 08-29-2012, 10:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

As a grandpa you get to break all of mom and dads rules. So you can give them all the sweets and junk food you want. at least that is what my mom always told me with my kids. 3 of My kids are teens and one is 11 and they all still live by the "when mom says no ask grandma" motto. Have fun and keep us updated if you get a chance.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:20 AM

Future Thread by Rick after the weekend 2gether:
"Great News" they left

Hi Rick, enjoy your time with family 4-Sure

Old 08-30-2012, 02:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Future Thread by Rick after the weekend 2gether:
"Great News" they left

Hi Rick, enjoy your time with family 4-Sure
yup. Said that before too . We all have our own way to raise our kids. Their 3 boys & 1 girl. Are so smart. Both of them are teachers. So they read a lot. Watch no TV. Play outside a lot. No pc games. So their being raised like we used to be. Go outside and have fun & get out of the house. Their fun to have around. Carmen & I just watch them and laugh. While their parents eat junk food and watch TV . But they are some really good parents I have to admit. NO back talk. They talk like adults. Hell they speak better english then grandpa does. All 3 boys are BOYS. They love their cars & trucks. I told my son last spring. he;s going to have to get a trailer just for the toys they bring for them. And the Mini van is going to be a Suburban in the future. I can see it coming!

Old 08-30-2012, 02:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

sounds like a great family get to gether grandpa rick! ENJOY!

were only on this planet for a short time

Quick Reply: Great news ! :)