Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

The great debate

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 11:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default The great debate

Challenger-Mustang-Camaro
I went down to Indy today, was thinking of trading the MC in for an 06 Mustang GT, anyways long story short, car I was after no longer there. Anyways, they had some new Mustangs, roush's and such. I have to say, the Challenge and Camaro lose big time. Most know I always stood by the Challenger since I had one before the MC. Those Mustangs were just down right Bas Azz. Go to a ford dealer website and check some of them out. Here is a link if interested to the place I was at. In person, they look so much better. I will hold on to the Monte for a while longer, Mybe a long while, I dont know, just like car shopping. I get bored.

http://www.rayskillmanford.com/inven...g/New/SortBy0/

Old 11-26-2011, 12:09 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yea the new mustangs really stepped it up it seems.

Old 11-26-2011, 12:45 PM

Hi `Jerry,
Just checking in b-4 I go on recharge & get some Z's, but I do understand your DeSire to have anyone of those that were on your link ...Yes a Mustang like that can convert you over to the other side (A Super Fast $ide), but WoW are they expensive...I will just have to continue to dream, but they are great additional dreams for my Dream List..

I'm `off 2 Dream Land 2 get some Z's, & I'm taking some paper towels just in case it rains
Thanks `Jerry for sharing

Old 11-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

i really liked the black/green RS3 on that website. they are super expensive tho.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member

Ford is doing what Chevrolet did pony car wise in the 90's. Give the buyer no reason to buy the competition and yet, the competition sells more. Look at any year Mustang GT in the 90's and compare it with any year Camaro Z28 or SS in the 90's and you will see that the Camaro was a better performer, but the Mustang sold better. Now the Mustang is a better performer, yet the Camaro sells better. The Challenger is just too big to be a contender but I do like the way they look.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:19 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

We have a SVT Furd dealership here in Windsor also. I've seen some of the Roush's, Saleen's, and other SVT Furds. They are a bad azz car. I noticed the 'stangs are more affordable than the high end Camaro SS and the Challenger SRT. But I still stand by the General. Even though Furd's 5.0 litre engine is made here in Windsor.

All the mentions of Furd's around here. Pretty soon MCF will stand for Mustang Cobra Forum.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:47 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Give yourselves... to the dark side....

We has cookies!!!!

The real winner isn't Ford, Chevy, or Dodge... it's us, because we have all of these great cars that we can choose from and we get to play these guys off each other!!

Old 11-26-2011, 06:07 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Give yourselves... to the dark side....

We has puppies!!!

That's more like it!

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622

The real winner isn't Ford, Chevy, or Dodge... it's us, because we have all of these great cars that we can choose from and we get to play these guys off each other!!

Uhh... God Bless America

Duane, I think Space is rubbing off on you. (that didn't sound right, but you know what I mean)

Attached Thumbnails The great debate-vader-puppies.jpg  
Old 11-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

They look Nice ,But they are super expensive ..

Old 11-26-2011, 07:21 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Yeah, I'm growing up in maturing, so Space is rubbing off on me...

Plus, when you own 2 of the 3 manufacturers in question, you have to be more impartial.

I have a theory as to why the Camaro had more power and in all measurements on paper was a better car than the Mustang, yet iddn't sell. The Mustang was selling better, and showed no signs of being overtaken, so if you're a Ford executive, what's your reasoning for trying to make the car much better when it is selling great and doing well in its market as is?

Right now, Chevrolet has the market cornered, so why try to make the product better unless the Ford starts picking up some speed?(PUN!!!)

Quick Reply: The great debate