Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Got a new 'puter!! yay!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking Got a new 'puter!! yay!

yep, im back online! the IT guys at work hooked me up with a used one thats about 4-5 years newer than my old one. plus they are gonna wipe the old one and reinstall windows so i'll have 2 woo! plus this one seems like its a gagilion times faster

Old 07-23-2010, 07:35 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

sweet!!!!!!

Old 07-23-2010, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member

Ryan, you gotta check out what JJ created while you were away, pretty cool man

Originally Posted by The Popcorn King
Well guys, its made. There is now a new MC club called Monte Carlo Enthusiasts Car Club.

Here is the linkhttp://montecarloenthusiasts.b1.jcink.com/

So lets get something going and not have to worry about not having anything organized.

Lets show everyone that the Monte Carlo community CAN get together and have fun.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

RYAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to see you back on line again. You were definitely missed.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:54 PM

i feel like i missed a ton too. i think i saw about the club on facebook checking on that on my mom's i pod. god that thing is a pain. my fingers are too big for it, lol.

and i may as well update on whats new for me, worked on pulling my 425 nailhead v8 apart some more, got the heads off and got the 8 ounces of water outta each of the cylinders. the passenger side rocker assebily is toast along with the pushrods and most likely the valves, but the pistons themselves & cylinders look ok so far, and the heads dont have any cracks or damage. all the water musta came in after the car was parked.

and also my grandfather called and told me he would like to sell me his '01 (ish) ford ranger for $5, so needless to say thats gonna be my winter 4x4. only 60k miles, loaded with options, too bad its a regular cab but its still nice, black with a black cap. that'll be joining the fleet soon.

and the '96 monte is coming along nicely, the interior actually smells like a car instead of a dead hampster. carpets are re-dyed, new panels in, gotta find a new cushion for the DR seat and repair a rear panel before its done

Old 07-23-2010, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member

Ryan, how do you get these 1 digit deals man $1 for a talon and $5 for a truck??

very nice: and also my grandfather called and told me he would like to sell me his '01 (ish) ford ranger for $5, so needless to say thats gonna be my winter 4x4. only 60k miles, loaded with options, too bad its a regular cab but its still nice, black with a black cap. that'll be joining the fleet soon.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:07 PM

5 Year Member

Ryan,.,,if i had the chance, i would still love to buy your Dads 5th Gen.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:15 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ryan, great to see you back man!

When my old computer got hit with a virus back in february, I wiped it clean and donated it.

Glad to hear you got rid of the dead hampster smell. lol.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:26 PM

im just one damn lucky kid chris, lol. although the talon dosint count IMO 'caus it had no title.

and JJ, the '96 will be going up for sale soon hopefully. its gotten to the point where we really dont need it, especially with the ranger coming soon. i just wanna get it back togeather and do some other work, probibly do gaskets on the intake & such, plugs & wires, oil change, mabe tires. plus i wanna make sure there are no problems with the gaskets on the 3.4, scince they are known to go on something with the kind of milage the '96 has.

and lou, im planning on giving the old one to my mom to use once its fixed, i figure with only one user on each system they'll both last longer & run better.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:28 PM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by skylark65
and JJ, the '96 will be going up for sale soon hopefully. its gotten to the point where we really dont need it, especially with the ranger coming soon. i just wanna get it back togeather and do some other work, probibly do gaskets on the intake & such, plugs & wires, oil change, mabe tires. plus i wanna make sure there are no problems with the gaskets on the 3.4, scince they are known to go on something with the kind of milage the '96 has.
Maybe we can talk business....

Quick Reply: Got a new 'puter!! yay!