Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Going out of town

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 07:23 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008
Default Going out of town

I'm headed out of town in the morning, I may stop in later on today but don't know if I'll have time in the morning. Have to go to a board meeting and seminar. Wish I was going to Daytona instead. I'll miss the Gatorade duals so someone watch them for me and cheer on Jr. I'll also miss the truck race, it's on during the meeting, don't think they'll let me bring the tv, LOL. Will be in a seminar during the Nationwide race, no tv there either, bummer. BUTI'll be back in time for the 500, one way or another, LOL.
Everyone be good and stay safe will I'm gone. Wayne and Mickey, hope things turn around for ya over the weekend and I come back to good news.
Cya.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:30 AM
Default RE: Going out of town

[align=center]Hi Becky,[/align][align=center]I wish you a safe/fun trip in your Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center]Maybe you can record the race's for later ?[/align][align=center]We shall miss you on the MCF.[/align][align=center]Oh, it does give you a chance to blow out the carbon[/align][align=center]in your Awesome `Monte[/align][align=center]Wish you good weather for your `journey.[/align][align=center]`Space & the Bum's[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/4F5AD3D4437B482585A62F4A7E76D059.gif[/IMG] [/align]

Old 02-13-2008, 08:27 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Have a good and safe trip.
I'll cheer on Dale Jr. for ya.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:17 PM

Have a great trip Becky. What company do you work for?

Old 02-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Photobucket

Thanks guys.
04, it's not quiteTHAT kind of board meeting, LOL. I'm far from the executive type . I'mon the board of advisors for the Texas Taxidermy Association. We usually maintain between 200 and 300 members in the association, so there's lots of planning and work that has to go into putting on a convention - that'll be what most of this meeting will consist of, along with discussion on a new law the State of Texas put on us (it = more paper work). And for the company, that would be me, I'm a self-employeed taxidermist or some prefer to call themselves "wildlife artists".

Old 02-13-2008, 01:40 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Still, stay safe.

Not sure I could do your line of work since touching something dead gives me the creeps.

I can not stand to see an animal ground into the pavement (a few humans fine, but no animals)so any I see that were killed by us "Superior Beings" in our 2 ton SUVs I get out of my car and move them off the road. But I need a stick or even my ice scraper cause touching something dead isn't for me.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:50 PM

I saw the Taxidermy Special on Modern Marvels. It's really an "Art Form" not a ghoulish thing. They showed "Trigger and Bullet" ... Roy Rogers' horse and dog that were preserved by a Taxidermist. Lots of work goes into it. And then, the detailing is especially delicate art work.

Have a nice trip.
Stay safe.
Good luck.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Have aFANTASTIC trip! and I know you will!

Old 02-14-2008, 07:05 AM
Photobucket

Rick, I saw that Modern Marvels episode also. Wasn't that the one were they did that plasti -something or another(can't remember what they called it) to humans, they had some kind of exhibit set up? That was a bit tooooooo far and not even taxidermy, they should've left that part out IMO. Would be good for anatomy class though, LOL.
But, yes, there is lot's of details that go into it to give the animal the respect it deserves. I couldn't have done Trigger - I don't do pets. Too much emotion tied up there, plus it will NEVER look like Fluffy. It would just look like a dog (or whatever).

RJ, it's not bad but it's not for everyone. I come from a fishing/hunting family. Once it's tanned it's just like a peice of leather (actually it is a leather). The only thing used is the skin/hair. Everything inside is foam or a filler like mache and the eyes are glass or acrylic. I don't like things ground into the pavement either. The animals I get are not in that kind of condition, no smashed animals here.
Oh, I never touch one without nitrile gloves, too many diseases you can get from them.

Gotta few things to do yet before I leave, so I better get to it. I want to be on the road by 9:30.
Thanks for the well wishes. Catch ya'll later.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:05 AM

Have fun at the "board" meeting.

Quick Reply: Going out of town