Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Global Warming (and what it means to you)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 02:10 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Global Warming (and what it means to you)

We've all heard our United States government plans on hitting each and every tax payer with a "Cap and Trade" tax very soon. To help ward off our pesky usage of oil and oil probducts. Even your plastic bottles have some content of oil in them.

Just another example of the American people taking it on the chin. Once again. So government can go on spending billions of dollars on frivolous things.

The next few days............. our weather is suppose to be in the lower 80s for a high. And they say we could even reach 40 degrees tonight for a low.

This is july people. Not october or november. Global Warming?

Seems to me the ney sayers are right. Global warming IS just another ruse for the government to control our lives.

And with these new taxes becoming part of our every day lives we will have to learn to live with less.

Comments?

Old 07-14-2009, 02:35 PM

..Hi R.J., I don't have the intellectual capacity to confirm or deny the concepts of Global Warming ...The weather patterns have changed in my lifetime, but I've researched & it has changed over the centuries.
I think we could all be cleaner : ) & stop going to mud wrestling : )

Below is my contribution to your Thread.
Global Warming Hoax: News

Apr 8, 2009 ... Global Warming Hoax - News and Information Source regarding the myth of Global Warming. Concentrating on the insignificance of man in the ...
www.globalwarminghoax.com/ - Cached - Similar

Facts and Fictions of Al Gore's ...
Peer Reviewed Hoax Busting Studies
Houston, we've got a problem
Follies in Measuring Global ...
Letter to a Teacher
Ponder the Maunder
Videos
Links
More results from globalwarminghoax.com »
<LI class=g>Global Warming Hoax: Facts and Fictions of Al Gore's "An ...

Global Warming Hoax: Facts and Fictions of Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth" - An Essay That Proves Many of Al Gore's Points to be Total Fantasy.
www.globalwarminghoax.com/news.php?item.11.4 - Cached - Similar

Global Warming Hoax

9 min - May 7, 2007 -

The reason why it is a Hoax
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io-Tb7vTamY

YouTube - Another Global Warming Hoax exposed

2 min 54 sec - Apr 3, 2007 -

Another Global Warming Hoax exposed. ... Global Warming Hoax, Planned in 1961. 30475 views ... The Man-made Global Warming Hoax (Part 1 ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKAC4kfHruQ

Last edited by Space; 07-14-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I'm a firm believer in Global Colding... Honestly, I've been talking about it for a few years. It's cold out side... This past winter we got hit hard with snow and terribly cold temps in the Chicago area. I think I even saw a polar bear in my back yard one morning.

Only the last sentence is a joke... lol

Old 07-14-2009, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by KidSpace
stop going to mud wrestling : )

How can you stop something that gives so much joy to the world?

Old 07-14-2009, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by 03Monte
How can you stop something that gives so much joy to the world?

Sorry, that was a bad example, but things do get
HEAteD `Up 4-Sure
[/CENTER]

Old 07-14-2009, 05:49 PM

I don't think "global warming" is caused by man, more of a natrual cycle. Do politicians(Gore...) think that the world won't ever change again? Does he think their was only one major change ever threwout earths vast history. The world will do what it pleases, with or without human interaction. So I say kick back, and relax. I could use a longer summer

Old 07-14-2009, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cut Throat
I don't think "global warming" is caused by man, more of a natrual cycle. Do politicians(Gore...) think that the world won't ever change again? Does he think their was only one major change ever threwout earths vast history. The world will do what it pleases, with or without human interaction. So I say kick back, and relax. I could use a longer summer
Exactly. George Carlin was known to say a few things about this issue.

"Besides, there is nothing wrong with the planet. Nothing wrong with the planet. The planet is fine. The PEOPLE are ****ed. Difference. Difference. The planet is fine. Compared to the people, the planet is doing great. Been here four and a half billion years. Did you ever think about the arithmetic? The planet has been here four and a half billion years. We've been here, what, a hundred thousand? Maybe two hundred thousand? And we've only been engaged in heavy industry for a little over two hundred years. Two hundred years versus four and a half billion. And we have the CONCEIT to think that somehow we're a threat? That somehow we're gonna put in jeopardy this beautiful little blue-green ball that's just a-floatin' around the sun?
The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Been through all kinds of things worse than us. Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles...hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worlwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages...And we think some plastic bags, and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference? The planet...the planet...the planet isn't going anywhere. WE ARE!"
-George Carlin

Old 07-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

comon' everyone! lets go celebrate our planets health by cutting some firewood and making a bonfire fueled entirely with plastic and styrofoam! YAY! plus lets start all our vehicles and just let them idle in the yard! caus im gettin sick of shoveling snow! lol

Old 07-14-2009, 08:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

With all this global warming going on, i'm going to wear shorts tomorrow.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:30 PM

we MIGHT of accelerated the process by wut? maybe 1%? like some of you have said, its gonna happen with or without us... so f*** it, ride it out, besides.. we'll be fine.. its our children's childrens who are gonna have to pay for it haha.. just like the canadian pention plan lol

Quick Reply: Global Warming (and what it means to you)