Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Gettin In trouble With my Monte!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Default RE: Gettin In trouble With my Monte!

i was listening to a radio station the other day.

a cop was hit by a bus and shoved threw the intersection. an guy pulls over to make sure he was ok and to lend a helping hand.

GET THIS CRAP.

THE COP writes the guy who pulls over to lend help to him and others .
a ticket for driving with out a get thsi A SEAT BELT!!!! HE WAS STOPING TO HELP HIS DUMB TAIL!!!

qand they wonder why we get mad when were pulled over

Old 01-30-2008, 06:34 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

a teacher of mine actually signaled a cop to pull over because he had just moved down here. he got the cop to pull over behind him, and he was asking him how long he had to get a new drivers license, when he needed to get an inspection, tags, etc. then when eh said, "thank you office,r have a nice day" the officer said "wait a minute, i'm giving you a ticket for 75 in a 55, you were speeding when you flagged me down."

i'm telling you, they got to meet that qouta that they claim they don't have.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:45 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

ORIGINAL: rj
"Would the officerprefer I stayed in the lane I was in and risk hitting/injuring him?"
My thoughts exactly and I'm just enough of a smart***, I'd have probably said it to the cop while he was writing the thing (then got another ticket for something else).

Old 01-30-2008, 08:25 AM

yah i dont have ne tickets but i would definitely have 2 after that *** pulled me over...disorderly conduct would b the second for swearin at the guy...what a joke

Old 01-30-2008, 08:48 AM

[align=center]Dispatch, there goes that Crazy Space again.[/align][align=center]I'll get him this time for sure : )[/align][align=center].[/align][align=center].[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]In Defense of the Police[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think there are bad apples in every profession.[/align][align=center]I think in America, you get what you pay for.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I don't think that dedicated officer's are in the profession[/align][align=center]for their pay...It's not that high to be a human[/align][align=center]garbage collector/enforcer/target for the bad with [/align][align=center]guns & vehicles they use as weapons.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I've had my fair share of confrontations with the police,[/align][align=center]but I was really wrong for my trafficviolations.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I really think that all humans have fear of those[/align][align=center]that can take away their freedoms, their money : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Even when they are wrong....You have to blame[/align][align=center]someone for your mistake [:@]...Why not the police ? [:@][/align][align=center]Most, don't look in2 their own mirror, and put[/align][align=center]the blame where it belongs.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Today, I really believe it's a dangerous profession, and[/align][align=center]I have respect for the majority of police officers that [/align][align=center]I've met during my `journey. There's a few I wish[/align][align=center]I would not have met [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I know there are a few that the power goes to their head, [/align][align=center]and they abuse `it, but I will not judge all for the act's[/align][align=center]of those fewthat abuse.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]They are our public servants, to serve & protect.[/align][align=center]I read everyday on the online news how many have[/align][align=center][font="times new roman"

Old 01-30-2008, 09:41 AM

Trooper Shortage In Florida
[align=center]Would you risk your life for $33K a year ?[/align][align=center]Not `Space....4-$ure[/align][align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align][ul][*][align=center]Caught on Camera: Trooper Hit… [/align][*][align=center]ACLU Concerned About Traffic… [/align][*][align=center]State Trooper Arrested On Sex… [/align][*][align=center]Last Updated: Jan 20 2008 - 2:11 pm [/align][/ul][align=center][/align][align=center]ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol has nearly 200
vacant trooper jobs statewide,
and some are worried that it could
be a problem for public safety.
Concerns were raised after the deadly 70-vehicle pile-up on
Interstate 4 in Polk County on January 9th. Only two troopers were
patrolling Polk County when the early morning accidents occurred in
heavy fog, killing five people.
Colonel John Czernis says it wasn't staffing but weather and
speeding drivers that caused the accidents. He says the Florida
Department of Transportation placed warning signs up in the area,
and FHP patrolled it for much of the night without seeing any
problems.
Czernis acknowledged that stabilizing the work force and getting
better pay for his 1,600 officers is his top priority.
The FHP has 186 trooper vacancies statewide. Base pay for new
troopers is $33,977,[X(] according to FHP, which is lower than many
other police agencies in Florida. Wanta be a Florida State Trooper ?
[/align][align=center]A manager @ McDonald's Makes more : ([/align]

Old 01-30-2008, 11:01 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Not sure it's still holds true but it used to be the state troopers who got the higher pay versus the city or county guys.

Would you want to be out in the middle of nowhere at 3am witha car full of drunk guys or people who several had guns on them and you had just pulled them over? Would they think twice about opening fire on a cop by himself in such a situation? Doubtful.

I sure wouldn't ask for a job like that.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:59 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

I agree there is always a bad apple in the bunch and that one is plum rotten. It ends up giving them all a bad name whether just or not.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:45 PM

oh i dont know im sure if you have been married long enough this might be a carrer to look at.
Your kids are surly goign to drive you to wanting to go play in traffic in the fog.

but serioulsy .
I feel sorry for some of those guys i have seen them take so much crap as a O.T.R. Driver you learn to have a love hate relationship with them.
You love and envy them for the job they are doing and you respect them for this. BUT MAN DO YOU HATE THEM FOR GIVING YOU A TICKET!!

And im sorry some of them do hosetly go out of thier way to prove they can be a AZZ!!

But for the most part i havent met to many i could disrespect just becuse they were that unifourm.

Also somethign alot of folks dont know or understand.

When we were younger you learned fear of any cop or law enforcement.

Now folks dont see this they same way. and yes i said folks not the kids today. becuse i have see idiots that are 50years old act like a 2year old over gettign stoped for trying to run someone over.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:22 AM

Ok, I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Illinois cops. I don't think it's so much the local cops there, but definitely the state troopers.

Way back when I was driving back from Indiana in my Beretta after meeting a friend. It was super early in the morning, and I had been driving all night long, save for a hour and a half nap or so. Ok, so when I got up I prolly shouldn't have been driving, but I needed to get home before noon the next day, cause I had to work at 1.

I'll admit most of the night when driving I was speeding. But I did so as safely and respectably as one can. I wasn't weaving through traffic, or driving dangeriously. No more than 15 mph over the limit at any time. So, just as I'm about 10 miles from the Illinois/Iowa border my radar detector starts chiping. I let off the gas and get down to 64 mph. (limit was 65 of course) After driving up a hill sure enough there he was sitting in the median. Now I know I haven't done anything wrong, cause before I was in his sight I was below the limit, and I know for a fact the radar detectors require line of sight to grab a speed.

Well sure enough he pulls out behind me, I had the cruise set at 64 or so, and was fairly certain he would ignore me. But just as he pulls up beside me to pass (was going like 5 mph faster) he suddenly hits the breaks, the cherries, and pulls me over. So I'm pissed, I'm very tired, very wired (5 red bulls later) and I just wanna go home. And the only crime I've comitted is the fact that I'm from Iowa, driving early in the morning in Illinois.

So he comes up to my window, and for his peace of mind I had my window still up (so it didn't look like I was reachin for anything, beretta had manual windows) interior lights on, and hands on the steering wheel. (basically anything I could do to NOT **** him off)

He's all like " do you know why I pulled you over? " And, obviously having no clue, and not wanting to **** him off with something smart *** like "Yeah, being from a better state" so I said no.

Turns out he turned me over because I had those flashing lights on my valve stems, but it's not illegal in Iowa, just in Illinois. So because I'm from Iowa he can't give me a ticket, but he proceeds to search my entire car, without putting **** back, while wise-cracking about the red bull cans, and his partner hangs out by the car, with his hand on his gun at all times.

What a way to make a passerby feel like a criminal.

Quick Reply: Gettin In trouble With my Monte!