Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Gettin In trouble With my Monte!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Default Gettin In trouble With my Monte!

Not exactly bad *** racing or anything but...

Improper Lane Usage!?!!????

I was pulled over this morning for an improper lane usage. (625 5 709a)

I changed lanes because a different officer had someone else pulled over. I find it to be a courteous gesture if I can safely make the change. I guess I didn't do it safely in his opinion. There wasn't another car for over 1000' in my opinion. I know that the left lane is used for passing.. I also realize that I did not use it to pass a vehicle. That is why I did not stay in the lane for no more than 30 seconds.

It is only $75 fine, but the whole principle is what upsets me..

What did he want me to do? Move closer to him so that I can kiss his ***? Maybe I will ask the judge that...

Looks to me like that Illinois State Trooper needs to google "Scott's Law"

Jeff

Old 01-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Gettin In trouble With my Monte!

Really. I see all the time on those police chase video shows, where cops are getting hit by cars in the right-hand lane. Moving into the next lane only seems like a logical move of courtesy and safety.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:15 PM

i am sorry to hear about that,i do the same thing when i see somebody on the shoulder of the road always move over when i can.

i am taking it you got the ticket in Illinois then.

My dad almost got a ticket like that on X-mass when he was going up to chicago to help his mom that didn't have power. the cop passed him then got in front of him and started to slow down so my dad passed him and then the cop pulled him over for improper lane change. he said my dad didn't signal. (my dads headlight was out on the driverside the whole thing has a bad connection) so my dad hit the headlight and it came back on and the officer let him go with a warning. My dad was not happy to say the least.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:21 PM

Yep.. Illinois...

Maybe I should fight it just to see what the judge says... I am curious..

Old 01-28-2008, 08:24 PM

That is strange in Washington State if you don't do what you just said and move over into the other lane while passing a cop pulling someone over you can get a ticket. Truly sad I am sorry it is jerk cops like that that make the rest of us look bad.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Same thing here in Texas, you are supposed to pull over. I'd fight it.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:54 PM

ORIGINAL: MyIntimidator
Truly sad I am sorry it is jerk cops like that that make the rest of us look bad.
Most cops are pretty decent. I have had one help me to the ER.... He was really cool about it.. wouldn't accept a tip either...

The thing that gets me is that someone told me it is the end of the month so they are really looking...

I see people do really stupid crap every day.. I would think they could meet their quotas no problem... I say give them Monte Carlos with civilian plates. They will see all the bozo stuff that people do.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sounds like those Illinois guys are jealous that you guys are driving Monte's, and they have to drive stuff like Furd Crown Vic's. LOL.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:54 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

he just had to meet a quota probably.... the one he claims he don't have, you know the one.....

Old 01-28-2008, 10:23 PM

How do you Plead?

"Absolutely and unequivocally Not Guilty, Your Honor. Furthermore, to have done anything other than what I did when I changed lanes as to give that Officer a wide berth as I passed by him, standing in the right-of-way, in my motor vehicle, would have been inconsiderate and a danger to the Officer standing in the roadway. I am absolutely certain Your Honor would have done exactly as I did, as would any prudent man faced with the possibility of hitting a Police Officer standing at the side of a roadway. Your Honor, I expect The Court to accept my Plea and request your Directed Decision of Not Guilty, or to have this Case Dismissed, forthwith. (With polite emphasis NOT Guilty, Your Honor." (Then ... glance at the Cop and then lock eyes with the Judge and stand at attention. Wait for it!!)

Quick Reply: Gettin In trouble With my Monte!