Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

and the getaway car was... was a MC

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default and the getaway car was... was a MC

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story...n7gPxtuGuuU%3D

one less silver.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:35 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm more concerned about the people he hit in the crash... the report seems to say they are all okay. They make more cars every day, and there are plenty of others.... I just wish these unscrupulous individuals didn't do the deeds that make them have to go steal, crash, and injure others in the process.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That thing hit hard! I can't believe there were kids in the car!

Old 08-31-2010, 10:02 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Looks like those front bars did a good job throwing up the hood.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Wow!!!!

Old 08-31-2010, 11:49 PM

Well the impact was so hard the gas Door opened. I'm glad everyone is alright... and at least it wasn't an intimidator or anything of THAT sort

Old 08-31-2010, 11:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

Only use the power of the Monte for good, never for bad things.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:40 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
I'm more concerned about the people he hit in the crash... the report seems to say they are all okay. They make more cars every day, and there are plenty of others.... I just wish these unscrupulous individuals didn't do the deeds that make them have to go steal, crash, and injure others in the process.

Passenger is dead, driver in serious condition, no real report on the kids.
Don't forget this was someone running from the police, I am just happy they hit a light pole and not a school bus or mini van full of nuns.
I am just saying we put ourselves in certain positions, I feel bad for the kids and maybe the passenger, but maybe this will open a door for the kids to a better life.
When people consistantly behave in bad ways I would just assume they book a one person one way ticket off this planet, I don't have time or conern for their well being.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:55 AM
Thumbs up UpDate

Hi `Jeff, Thanks for your post(s), and reminder that their are some crazies out there on the roads we travel....It's another very sad story...I do hope the punishment fits the crime
Below is a update I found on the web for member's that want to know more: p.s. "Be safe out there & always drive defensively 4-Sure"
One Dead, Three Injured, Including 2 Kids, After Police Chase in Hazelwood

FOX2now.com
9:23 PM CDT, August 31, 2010
HAZELWOOD, MO (KTVI - FOX2now.com) - It began with someone stealing laundry detergent and fabric softener from a Hazelwood discount store, Tusday afternoon. It ended with a terrible crash. One woman died; three others, two of them young children, were in area hospitals, Tuesday night. Police said the woman, who was a passenger in the silver Monte Carlo speeding away from police around 1:15 p.m., died seven hours later.

She and the car's driver were on the run from police, with a little boy and girl, ages 3 and 4, in the car, police said.

Workers at the Family Dollar in the 7400 block of Lindbergh, said a man with a woman and a little girl, left the store after the man had stuffed several bottles of Tide and Downy in his pants; minutes later -- the crash on the Hanley Road off ramp from eastbound I-270 about two miles from the store; the car crashing head-on into the stop light standard.

Police said an officer initially pursued the car, but quickly pulled back.

"The officer learned that only involved a shoplifting and her terminated the pursuit," said Hazelwood Police Sgt., Timothy Burger. "The vehicle continues at a high rate of speed, exited here at North Hanley Road, and impacted the light pole here, the electric signal. When the officer got the ramp, he came up behind it, he found the vehicle had crashed and actually started on fire."

Burger said an ambulance driver nearby helped douse the fire with a fire extinguisher; arriving police officers helped. He did not know if the people in the car suffered burns.

"It's sad," said Susan Wajinku, who was doing laundry at the laundromat a few storefronts down from the Family Dollar.

"People are desperate because of the economy, because there are so many who are jobless. Some can't even afford a meal. Maybe they wanted to do their laundry, but the best thing they could have done, they could have gone to a friend," she said. "Even if they didn't have enough, stealing is not right, to go and shoplift."

Police said the children were expected to survive, hospitalized for observation Tuesday night. The man was still in critical condition.

Police did not release their names.

Last edited by Space; 09-01-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:33 AM

omg thats st. louis news. yikes.. thats rough.

Quick Reply: and the getaway car was... was a MC